PDA

View Full Version : Uploading images

adamanteus
02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
I still can't seem to upload a photo directly into a post....it always appears as an attachment:confused: . If anyone can give me clear step by step instruction (with a minimum of computer jargon) I would be very grateful.
Thanks everyone.
James.

KITKAT
02-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Go to the photo gallery. Upload your photo there. Once it is uploaded, there will be a window with code in it and a button to click that asks whether you want to upload the code to your clipboard. Click yes.

Next, open the forum message where you want to put your photo.

Position the cursor inside the message, and RIGHT click, select paste, and the code should be pasted into your message.

The code looks like this:

{ img }http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/ordinoides_head_1.jpg{ /img } ( I have changed the brackets and inserted spaces to allow you to see this)

And the resulting photo:

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/ordinoides_head_1.jpg

adamanteus
02-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks. That sounds simple enough! I'll give it a go. Shame I have no Thamnophis pics to upload! I'll have to try another subject!!

adamanteus
02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Did this work?

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/Bitis_arietans.jpg

Stefan-A
02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes, it did.

adamanteus
02-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Right....I best get busy with the camera quite soon then!:D

GarterGuy
02-25-2007, 11:01 AM
What is that....a SawScale Viper??

adamanteus
02-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Roy,

No, it's a Puff Adder, just a youngster. That was a great photograph on paper, but after scanning it into the PC it looks quite grainy and lined. Wish I'd had a digital camera when I took that one!:(

James.

KITKAT
02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Roy,

No, it's a Puff Adder, just a youngster. That was a great photograph on paper, but after scanning it into the PC it looks quite grainy and lined. Wish I'd had a digital camera when I took that one!:(

James.

Hi

I don't think the problem is with the photograph. I think it is in the scanning of the photo into digital format. The reason I reach this conclusion is that the photo only takes 47K in memory. This will make the photo look grainy.

Try setting your scan dpi to 600, and scan it again. Then try adjusting the brightness and contrast as needed. When you save it, make sure that your software is not set to "condense" the photo.

adamanteus
02-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi

I don't think the problem is with the photograph. I think it is in the scanning of the photo into digital format. The reason I reach this conclusion is that the photo only takes 47K in memory. This will make the photo look grainy.

Try setting your scan dpi to 600, and scan it again. Then try adjusting the brightness and contrast as needed. When you save it, make sure that your software is not set to "condense" the photo.

I'm sure you're right. But I don't really want to clutter the forum with a huge file that isn't even a Garter!

James.

KITKAT
02-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Ah... that was just FYI... did not figure you wanted to post it here.;)

adamanteus
02-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Ah... that was just FYI... did not figure you wanted to post it here.;)

There's actually a decent version in the gallery!!;)

James.

drache
03-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm having trouble uploading images into the gallery.
I've done it before and cannot figure out what's happening.
It even tells me that I've uploaded the image successfully, but it's not there.

adamanteus
03-09-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm having trouble uploading images into the gallery.
I've done it before and cannot figure out what's happening.
It even tells me that I've uploaded the image successfully, but it's not there.

That happened to me a couple of times. I reloaded the same image, and it loaded really quick second time.

Boots
03-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi Drache,

Were you able to get your photos to upload. If not, could you please send me a PM and I will look into it.

Jason