PDA

View Full Version : New member! Don't know much yet!

lukeskywalker
02-22-2007, 11:41 PM
I am new to this site, and just got a new canadian garter. I have always loved garters and used to catch them in my yard as a kid. I was wondering if anyone has a garter with a blue and black checkered belly. I remember having one as a kid in Nebraska. I would really love to have a snake like this again, but Im not even sure what species it was. If you have any info for me I would really appreciate it!!! Thanks!

adamanteus
02-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Welcome to the forum.

James.

GarterGuy
02-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Howdy and welcome to the forum! As far as a garter with blue and black checkered belly???...not sure about that one. My Oregon Redsides (T.s.conccinus) have blue with some black on the anterior portion of their bellies but that's it. California Redsideds (T.s.infernalis) have blue bellies on them and I'm sure there are some of the really variable Easterns (T.s.sirtalis) and Northwestern (T.ordinoides) that also might have that colour. Come to think of it, Florida Blue garters, a regional variant of the Eastern garter, often have a good deal of blue on them. Well hope this helps and enjoy the forum.
Roy

Spiderqwan
02-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi there welcome to the forum and i hope you like it as much as do.:)

Thamnophis
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Welcome here, Lukeskywalker.

Cazador
02-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey Luke,

I knew your father :). Welcome to the forum. Was your Nebraska garter wild caught?

Rick

drache
02-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Good to meet you Luke

Snaky
02-25-2007, 06:49 AM
Welcome, enjoy the forum:)