PDA

View Full Version : lucys

snakeman
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
prepaid my lucy easterns yesterday.Cost me about as much as I pay for 1 month in my house:eek:.lol.June is a long time to wait!

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-07-2009, 04:44 PM
alls I can say is...

GRRRRRR

lol

crzy_kevo
02-07-2009, 05:09 PM
damn lucky you are your getting them from scott and if so are they the paradox lucy's

lucy's are among my top 5 fav morphs

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-07-2009, 05:40 PM
damn lucky you are your getting them from scott and if so are they the paradox lucy's

lucy's are among my top 5 fav morphs

paradox is not a breedable trait, unfortunately,

it appears to be totally random and nobody has been able to reproduce paradox anything with any success!!

infernalis
02-07-2009, 05:47 PM
prepaid my lucy easterns yesterday.Cost me about as much as I pay for 1 month in my house:eek:.lol.June is a long time to wait!

Nice to know you have your priorities in the right place Tom.;)

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-07-2009, 05:55 PM
It's all I can do to get my 1.1 het hypo cali red sideds and my melanistic easterns I have coveted for so long...!!! I really want some lucies, but I just can't afford them yet.... unless possibly my erythristic water snake does have a litter, then I might be able to get more from Scott!!!

how many did you get, Tom? did you opt for normal leucies, or flames?

snakeman
02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I got 1.1.He said you cannot really tell at birth what they are going to turn out like.I asked for one of each just in case.Income tax burns a hole in your pocket as soon as you get it!lol.

Seere121
02-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Income tax burns a hole in your pocket as soon as you get it!lol.

No kidding, I just bought a chest freezer cause I need more room for the frozen mice!

infernalis
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Tax return?? what's that??

I forgot what they were like it's been so long.....

ssssnakeluvr
02-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Tax return?? what's that??

I forgot what they were like it's been so long.....
hmmm...sounds familiar..... hehehe...I got a check from the government 2 years ago, tax refund, still have the check..... for a whopping $1 :eek:

infernalis
02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the $2 fee to cash it was a buzz kill for sure.

I always get to send uncle Sam money.

Just a thought, Could I launch a Church group that worships Thamnophis and get an exemption?

drache
02-08-2009, 05:27 AM
Just a thought, Could I launch a Church group that worships Thamnophis and get an exemption?
I think it could work - this is america after all
aren't there snake handling cults already?
no reason folks couldn't grok garters

snakeman
02-08-2009, 09:09 AM
We could all say we worship the great white snake!Free lucys for everybody!

Sid
02-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Congratulation, Tom. We'll be looking for photos in June:)

brain
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
paradox is not a breedable trait, unfortunately,

it appears to be totally random and nobody has been able to reproduce paradox anything with any success!!

Now what is a “paradox”.:confused:

I know the meaning of the word but not in ref to a snake.

And how or what type would you even consider to breed to get this “paradox”? :confused::confused:

Anyone

snakeman
02-08-2009, 10:25 AM
It appears random in some snakes.I had a caramel albino that had a bunch of normal looking scales on the rear half.The original lucy had a bunch of normal scales also.I don't know if any of the babies produced last year had any.

brain
02-08-2009, 10:27 AM
And do you have any pics of this anomaly?? or any does anyone have pics?

ssssnakeluvr
02-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Scott Felzer has.....was his snake...he might find them and post here..I have seen photos of the original lucy....

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-08-2009, 10:56 PM
a paradox is a snake that is a color morph of some kind, such as albino, or leucistic, or a pastel, that for some reason has patches of totally normal looking, or sometimes black coloration. It's really weird, and seems to be totally unpredictable. Even though the trait is not breedable, paradox's sell for a lot more money than regular morphs. Some speculate that your chances of producing a paradox could be increased if your snake is the offspring of or related to a paradox, and that is behind the high-pricing as well.

here are some pics from Daytona of paradox animals...

The breeder had this snake labeled "calico" checkered garter, but their term is misleading, and wrong.... calico is a breedable genetic trait, this is just an albino gone wrong, like all paradox's!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Daytona/daytona075.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Daytona/daytona041.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Daytona/daytona016.jpg

ssssnakeluvr
02-08-2009, 11:03 PM
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Daytona/daytona041.jpg

that's a cool looking ball python!!!

GartersRock
02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
I think paradox is really awesome! Wish it was breedable.

brain
02-09-2009, 12:07 PM
So I get it now

It looks like you said a “gone wrong, like all paradoxes!” pattern coloration …… and that’s big money??

I guess it takes all kinds; I’m just too much of a purest. TY for the pic definition.

EdgyExoticReptiles
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I want a flame lucy, I pre-ordered/set up a trade for 1.1 het albino flames tho

Scott F
02-11-2009, 07:46 PM
The paradox trait is a random trait, like Shannon stated. Think I got lucky as both the high orange male and light phased leucistic has some black spots in them, unfortunately none of the pics on the high orange male show any. The original leucistic female had quite a few spots on her. Here's some pics so you all can see for yourselves.

Scott

reptile3
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
The paradox trait is a random trait, like Shannon stated. Think I got lucky as both the high orange male and light phased leucistic has some black spots in them, unfortunately none of the pics on the high orange male show any. The original leucistic female had quite a few spots on her. Here's some pics so you all can see for yourselves.

Scott

Scott those are really nice... wow!

reptile3
02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
The one on the left.. wow, gorgeous!!! YIKES $6000 price tag!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Daytona/daytona016.jpg

ssssnakeluvr
02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
those lucy's are looking great!!!!! :cool:

dashnu
02-11-2009, 09:13 PM
So I get it now

It looks like you said a “gone wrong, like all paradoxes!” pattern coloration …… and that’s big money??

I guess it takes all kinds; I’m just too much of a purest. TY for the pic definition.

I am also suprised this would get more money. I do not think these paradoxes are nice looking at all.

Lucys on the other hand are very nice and I have only seen them in Balls. I thought they would have to be solid white with black/normal eyes? Also Pied is considered partially leucistic?

ssssnakeluvr
02-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Lucys on the other hand are very nice and I have only seen them in Balls. I thought they would have to be solid white with black/normal eyes? Also Pied is considered partially leucistic?
leucistic texas rats are common.....