PDA

View Full Version : noises from inside

snakems
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
maybe Im just THAT bored and observant, but has anyone ever noticed any "clicking" noises or like "ticks" or just like shifting noises in general that seem to be coming from their snake (or garter specifically,) when you're holding them and theyre moving around through your fingers?
Ive noticed this possibly because when I hold my snake she seems to enjoy it and move slowly. She's never in a rush to climb down or anything she seems to be going at her leisure.
Its kind of hard to explain but its almost similar to when You drink a ton of liquid or water and jump around afterwards.... theres this noise that comes from inside your stomach .... like a gargling noise but not quite. Its SIMILAR to this but not really quite THAT noise.
Ive always wondered what this was, and if no one else has experienced this I wonder if you might try and put your ear up to your snakes when handling the more docile and comfortable ones while theyre making their way through your fingers, and see what you hear.
Hopefully its not just snakems and she doesnt have something wrong with her :(

snakems
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM
just to clarify I am NOT talking about the dragging noise that comes from them moving across things. Its completely separate from this.

guidofatherof5
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Mine makes noises like that, sometimes. Not very often but it does happen. It's not one individual but any of them. I've always concidered it normal body sounds from the shifting of internal organs, water and other fluids in the stomach. I've never found it to be a problem.

snakems
02-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Mine makes noises like that, sometimes. Not very often but it does happen. It's not one individual but any of them. I've always concidered it normal body sounds from the shifting of internal organs, water and other fluids in the stomach. I've never found it to be a problem.

yeah. Thats what I thought as well. But then i thought about it and I was like WOW thats pretty loud lol because sometimes I can hear the noises without even trying to.

mtolypetsupply
02-06-2009, 01:22 PM
I heard it too. I figured it was scales realigning or something. Anyone with an "official" answer???? ;)

adamanteus
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I think the correct answer is the one Steve already provided.

drache
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I'll go with Steve's answer
I think it's what I think of as a squishy sound

snakems
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
I'll go with Steve's answer
I think it's what I think of as a squishy sound

yes definitely! thats a good way to describe it!

infernalis
02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
I have a few snakes that make those sounds.

I notice it more in my Puget "Sky"

Seems more evident in adults.

anji1971
02-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I hear that in my adults, too. I never really gave it much thought, just figured it's the normal sound of bones and things moving. Goodness knows, I creak and crack anymore when I'm moving around!

aSnakeLovinBabe
02-07-2009, 09:29 AM
yea, I hear that all the time, especially in my "looser" snakes like my garters and especially my sunbeam.... its like this gross, squishing internal farting noise... never has worried me, I just figure its the stuff sloshing around in the belly!

guidofatherof5
02-07-2009, 09:55 AM
squishing internal farting noise..

Shannon,

Can't say I've ever thought of it in that way but it will work!

snakems
02-08-2009, 01:49 PM
yea, I hear that all the time, especially in my "looser" snakes like my garters and especially my sunbeam.... its like this gross, squishing internal farting noise... never has worried me, I just figure its the stuff sloshing around in the belly!
YES! lol another good description. ;)
snakems is FOREVER making these noises. I wasnt sure what to think about it but I had always imagined it was her inside bending and moving as she did considering it was only when she was bending.