PDA

View Full Version : Bad News and Good News

mtolypetsupply
01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Bad news... found Ghost corn today in a spasm of sorts. Thrashing, spinning, and the poor thing went limp. So I tried to just, I don't know what I was thinking, WILL the poor thing to live, rubbing her, saying "Don't give up, girl" etc. Well, although she pulled out of it for a while, she was dead when I got home from riding today. :( RIP Ghostie.

Good news, I picked up some Guppies for my garter babies, James and Ernestine. James had shed, and was apparently HUNGRY as he's been the absolute BEST hunter!!!!!! I don't even know if he let Ernestine have any!!!! They were really tiny guppies, so I don't think they'll replace their next meal, but I'm sure they loved their treat! Next time I'll have the camera ready, and post some hunting/fishy-eating pics!

aSnakeLovinBabe
01-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I am so taken with how much you love those little guys, I love seeing pictures of them!!

was the ghost corn one of those nonfeeders? My two are still hanging in the delicate balance ATM. Sorry to hear it!

infernalis
01-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Condolences for the loss, happy for the other.;)

I (like Shannon) also "dig" how much you care about your garters.

aSnakeLovinBabe
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Not that I don't love mine that much also, but it always nice to see new keepers who REALLY love their snakes and take such great care!!!

it even better when they are babies that you yourself raised and sold hoping their new home would be a great one :D:D:D

infernalis
01-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I point that out every time Stephanie shows off her Dekayi snakes.

reptile3
01-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Stephi, i am so sorry to hear about your ghost corn, Ghostie!! My condolences!

Sounds like James and Ernestine, are doing well!!!

I too love it when I see how much all animals are well taken care of & thought of as more than just a pet!!

Snake lover 3-25
01-06-2009, 06:02 AM
sorry for your loss.....
happy to hear the garters are thriving:)

guidofatherof5
01-06-2009, 06:24 AM
Stephi, Very sorry to hear about Ghost corn.

Lori P
01-06-2009, 07:21 AM
Stephi, SO sorry to hear about your corn snake.

mtolypetsupply
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the condolences, and Shannon, thanks for breeding such great babies! :)

Yes, Ghostie was a non-feeder from Adam. More good news, though, at the same pet store that has the guppies, he has some live day-old pinkies coming in today, so we'll be trying to get a feeding response from the other two that are left that don't eat. One blood red is doing fine on F/T so he is out of the woods. I don't think we'll give him a live, since I don't want him to think he has the option.

And I have to pick up a fishbowl, I got some preggers guppies in the batch, so Jimmy and Erni can have treats on the regular if I can get the babies to live!!!! I LOVE free treats!

gregmonsta
01-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your corn ... guppys are great fun :) ... I might treat my lot to some some time soon :D

drache
01-06-2009, 11:04 AM
sorry about your corn
nice that the garters are thriving
and may your guppies be abundant

jitami
01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
So sorry about Ghostie... I know you did everything you could for him...

Aren't the garters fun to watch hunt their fishies? Good luck with the guppies. I still have 6 tiny babies and 3 more fat mommas :)

anji1971
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry for your loss. :(
I must agree with Tami. Watching garters fish for guppies is a hoot!

mtolypetsupply
01-08-2009, 06:55 AM
The guppies didn't last, and I'm starting to wonder about the husbandry of most pet stores. BLECH! The ones I've visited lately are disgusting!!!!! I just want to tell them, "Dude, it's your JOB to clean EVERYTHING from the cages to the store shelves!" I can understand a bit of grunge to keep biological filtration in the fish tanks, but poo and seed in the bird cages, a coating of SLIME on the fish tanks so thick you can't tell what's in there, snakes and lizards in cages way too small, dusty product on the shelves, crap for sale that is so NOT useful.... I wonder if they are money laundering operations not caring if they sell anything at all. The only thing that was clean in the last place I went were the mouse cages, and that's because they got their feeders in the day before.
:mad:

infernalis
01-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Sounds like a good reason to open a pet store of your own.

Trust me, if we didn't live so far away from civilization, I'd open one in a second, and run the crap holes out of business.

mtolypetsupply
01-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Sounds like a good reason to open a pet store of your own.

Trust me, if we didn't live so far away from civilization, I'd open one in a second, and run the crap holes out of business.

Hubby and I have been talking about that, and we're thinking that the rents for storefronts and utility bills are the biggest obstacle. We need some property that's residential for us but in a retail or commercial zone!

Snake lover 3-25
01-08-2009, 06:11 PM
wow now that would be soo cool!!!

Aundrea
01-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Im so sorry about your corn snake :(

Glad that your other 2 garters are eating the guppies. I love watching Swiper hunt his minnows and gobble them up. In fact I was suppose to go to Petsmart and get him some but got busy soooo ill do that tomorrow :D Ill take some pics :D

infernalis
01-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Hubby and I have been talking about that, and we're thinking that the rents for storefronts and utility bills are the biggest obstacle. We need some property that's residential for us but in a retail or commercial zone!

We have no zoning here, thats how I got away with building my track.:cool:

mtolypetsupply
01-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Wayne,

Lifetime supply of pinkies is all it would take to move in, you said? Sounds doable with a petshop! :)

infernalis
01-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Wayne,

Lifetime supply of pinkies is all it would take to move in, you said? Sounds doable with a petshop! :)

Any chance you would help with the School taxes??? or would that be too much to ask?

Sadly, most business does not fare well, since we are so out there.