PDA

View Full Version : What size?

misskris
01-03-2009, 08:53 PM
So I have several "spare" fish tanks. Simones current tank is a 15T, I've decided it's not got enough floor space. I have decided to not use the 55 for space reasons, but I have a 37T and a 25 I could use. Which would you use?

I like the idea of building climbing space in the 37, but if she won't use it it's not realy worth it.. Unless I just wanted the hieght for decorating.

A pic of her 15.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/kswmm/003-6.jpg

guidofatherof5
01-03-2009, 08:59 PM
My personal opinion is the more space the better. The more they get to interact with their enclosure the more comfortable they will be. If you have the space give it to them. The more things I can give them in their home the more content they seem. I've had to confine some for a short time and I can tell a real difference in their attitudes and eating habits. Mine are all climbers and seem to love it.

infernalis
01-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I'm with Steve on that one. The bigger the better.

reptile3
01-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Awesome set up... bigger is better, I say too!!!

When I added climbing & greenery, my snakies are more active, & they eat more too!!:D

ssssnakeluvr
01-03-2009, 09:49 PM
they do love to climb!!! I found an escapee 4 feet up on my mouse rack!

misskris
01-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Ohhh Imma have soo much fun :) Lots of plants, stuff to climb on and I think she'll enjoy the extra floor space.

guidofatherof5
01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
They are exploring little creatures. Changing their hides and activity areas seem to really interest them. Mine love finding something new in the enclosure and are eager to explore it. Good luck and enjoy!

When I brought my girl Spot out of the frig, I put her in with her babies for a visit. Every baby came out of the hide to get a smell of the new visitor. It was cool to watch them.

jitami
01-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Just another thought... some people have tipped the taller tanks on their sides using either the lid as the front or the back... but yeah, they really do enjoy climbing. Have fun! :)

aSnakeLovinBabe
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Just another thought... some people have tipped the taller tanks on their sides using either the lid as the front or the back... but yeah, they really do enjoy climbing. Have fun! :)

thats a neat idea but that would annoy the living heck out of me... lol!

Snake lover 3-25
01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
why??????????

aSnakeLovinBabe
01-04-2009, 10:11 PM
mainy because if a tank is turned on its side... 1- it will look funny to me and I am a perfectionist... 2- the screen top would have to be way more secured to stay on and 3- some substrate is bound to fall out from the screen top and get on the floor.... my wood cages do this and it drives me INSANE!!!

I cant wait to rip those doors off and put sliding ones on!!!

Snake lover 3-25
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
aaaaa i see lol:p you remind me of my cousin:D

jitami
01-05-2009, 11:12 AM
LOL... it would bug me, too, Shannon, but could work :)

misskris
02-04-2009, 11:32 AM
I know haveing a tank on it's side would bug me LOL

So, after looking around at other's enclosures I've decided to move some stuff around and bring up the 55 :) (now i just have to convince DH to let me) LOL

I was thinking I could do something like bsol's set up. A pool on one end and plants and such on the other. Does anyone else have a setup like his? Any advise is appreciated.

Why do I feel like I'm getting into this way over my head?

GarterNovice
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
We recently built a mini version of it with a 20 gallon long. It's been workin great. Though we didn't do the live plants. You can check out the pictures in the enclosures section under Sku's New Crib. I think it turned out quite well. We had to get some scrap plexiglass from a guy on Craig's List. Then we cut it down and put it in place with aquarium sealant, put pebbles on it with the same, and put another piece half the size down the other side to kind of make a ramp for the snakes into the water. Also made a nice little hide for them to use.