PDA

View Full Version : Who gets tired first????

mtolypetsupply
12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Since all of our babies are different, I'd love to know:

Do you get tired of holding your snake, or does he/she tire of you first? If you have multiple snakes, which ones are snugglers, and who is more "independent"?

reptile3
12-11-2008, 02:56 PM
George my bp, is a cuddlier, he loves attention, & I know when he is hungry!

as for the dekayi's, Mikey likes me alot, he will just lay in my hand. Brownie & Kyle want to slither away!

& I never get tired of holding my snakies.. I enjoy every min of it:D

infernalis
12-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Most all of my babies would rather squirm and musk, so I call it a draw.

Now we all can stare at each other through the glass all day, until I fall asleep, so the snakes win that time.

My Xena the Dekayi, she would rather be held, seems to "protest" getting put back in.

For the most part, over handling just annoys the snakes. (when they are annoyed, so am I) so we have a truce.

jitami
12-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I think my little busy boy Frick is going to be the only one out of four who truly likes being taken out of his enclosure. It's pretty cool. I do think I get bored before he does... hope that doesn't make me a bad snake mommy! I tend to bounce around doing this and that and he's just too little still to do much of anything else while I'm holding him. He's perfectly content, tho, to just slowly cruise around my fingers, hands, and arms while I'm trying to do other things with one hand :) I think once he's a bit bigger and I'm not as worried about him falling and disappearing he'll be the one to enjoy hanging out :)

guidofatherof5
12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Our girl Lucky wants held all the time. A lot of the babies want to be held and sit very content while I watch tv. For some reason my glasses seem to be a big interest to them and at times they will sit on them. Of course, they are still on my face at the time. I have a little girl named Lacy and she rules her tank but likes to get out and go through my fingers.
I wish the little scrubs had eyelids so I would know when they're taking a nap.
Never tired of holding them.

mtolypetsupply
12-11-2008, 11:17 PM
No, Tami, you're not a bad snake mommy! :) My little James, he prefers to be in his home. He'll tolerate being held, ever the gentleman, but is actually a homebody. Ernestine is the one who will give my hand a cramp from holding her, and she seems indignant that she has to go back in "that little tank". Every time I have to put her back, it's as if she says, "I thought I was finally getting my own room!!!!!"

Seere121
12-12-2008, 01:37 AM
I have one garter, an eastern I think (got him on cape cod, MA) who just loves to be held. If I walk in front of the tank he'll pop out of his hide and try to get out and he always protests when I try to put him back in. The checkered on the other hand will do anything possible to avoid being handled, so I usually leave her alone. The 3 ball pythons and the 2 carpet pythons don't care either way, and the 5 corn snakes don't protest but prefer to remain inside.

jitami
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
No, Tami, you're not a bad snake mommy! :)

aw, thanks Stephi :) I've actually done some thinking about this lately and it's definitely a flaw on my part, tho. I've only recently began thinking that I truly do have adult add, but haven't been to the doctor to discuss it cause it really doesn't affect my life all that much. What it does effect is my ability to just concentrate on one person and give that person my full attention. I regret not figuring this out when my boys were younger. It's not like I neglected them or anything, but for example I'd be feeding them and there were still a million other things going through my head instead of just concentrating on the baby and giving him my full attention. I didn't notice this until I was sitting here, holding Frick, bored cause I couldn't use my other hand to do something. Why does my other hand have to be doing anything??? Dunno.

infernalis
12-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Try having adult ADHD Tami:D

However, over the years I have learned to use it as a powerful tool.

Too much to discuss here, I'll pm sometime.

Snake lover 3-25
12-12-2008, 11:22 PM
hmmmmmm...... i think all of mine have turned into cuddlers.... sit with me for hours on end till i have to do something involving my full attention and two hands.... lol but then meadow my biggest girl is usually still around my neck:D