PDA

View Full Version : Recalling the first day...

IndigoBug1987
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok, when i first brought Slithers home and set up her tank I had some questions about the heatlamp. Of course I hadn't found thamnophis yet so who could i ask? She has a heating pad under her hideout, btw. Anyway, I turned the light off that night hoping she wouldn't freeze of cold bc it gets pretty cold in our house.

So morning comes around and i turn it back on. Slithers is in her hideout so I tap a little on the rock and she didn't come out. I reach in and i can feel her in there but she doesn't move. I hook my finger around her middle and start to pull her out and STILL she doesn't move.

Ok at this point I think i was about to start crying thinking she was dead, but all of a sudden she slithered out really fast and scared the bejeezus out of me. I really thought she was gonna bite me at that moment. Then i realized she was probably just sleeping really deeply and i scared her as bad as she scared me. :D

drache
12-01-2008, 04:20 AM
that little story scared me for a moment
whew

infernalis
12-01-2008, 05:27 AM
I would find that day a memorable one as well.

Thanks for sharing.

guidofatherof5
12-01-2008, 05:28 AM
I've had a few of them do that to me from time to time. I think your right about the sleeping part. Great story.

jitami
12-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Does sound familiar! I always get myself all worked up before I even go searching for them, expecting the worst... they've always been fine up to this point... glad Slither was too :)

Snake lover 3-25
12-01-2008, 11:56 AM
quite scary indeed lol
glad she was ok:D

but i've found that when they die they usually come out of their hides and die streached out....:(

anji1971
12-01-2008, 06:42 PM
One of my babies gave me a scare the other night. I searched through all the carefresh looking for Checkers at feeding time, and he was nowhere to be found. I was in a panic, certain he must have escaped somehow, but when I moved the piece of flagstone in the corner, there he was, happy as a lark. I didn't realise there was enough room for him to squeeze himself under that flat rock!