PDA

View Full Version : they ate a bug

crzy_kevo
11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
ok well i was doing a spot cleanning of the babies tank today and i saw a god sized poop i picked it out and saw a shiny black bit(it was fully dried so that was wierd) after further inspection i noticed that it looked like a part of an insect shell one of the parts that covers the wings i did find an eareig in the tank before so is it possible that one of the babies ate an earwig there was also smaller shiny bits that could have been the head and maybe some other parts as well

Stefan-A
11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Extremely unlikely. If it was from an earwig that was at some point in the tank, it may just be the remains of a molt.

crzy_kevo
11-26-2008, 09:45 AM
i understand how unlikely it is but i would have teaken a picture had my girlfriend not taken the camera with her the bit was large enough to be the wing covering section of the shell and also had the exact same look to it as an earwig shell and my female baby as well will eat just about anything put in front of her so even though it is highly unlikely i think that it did happen because i havent fed them anything that would be indigestible to them

aSnakeLovinBabe
11-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Well, I am not going to say whether or not your garter ate a bug. If you found true insect remains IN the feces, then obviously, it did, whether it knew it or not! However, if you say you found a part of the shell that covers wings, the insect in question was not an earwig. Earwigs do not have wings or a hard shell to cover them. Beetles, however, do.

Do you have anything that eats mealworms?

Zephyr
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
For the "Shell" part he may be referring to the pronotum or the elytra.