PDA

View Full Version : Old Girls Gone.

guidofatherof5
11-23-2008, 07:59 AM
I week or so ago I posted a thread introducing to you our dog Alexis Rose Gilfillan. She turned 16 on Oct.1st this year. Today a 0645 I had her put down. For the last 3 days she had been suffering with some sort of pain in her back and neck. She was on some powerful pain meds and as the last 3 days played out the meds. weren't helping. Very early this morning after a number of meds I came to the conclusion that her suffering had to stop. She looked at me to help her. I have had her since she was a pup and I will never be able to replace her. She was my once in a lifetime dog. My 5 kids and I are struggling but will be okay. She was my best friend and constant companion. She went fast and trusted me to the end. The Vet. thinks it was very possibly bone cancer. There is now a void felt by everyone who knew her. She was a great dog. Please keep my family in your prayers and thoughts.
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/great_alex_cropped_Quick_e-mail_view.jpg

Sid
11-23-2008, 08:05 AM
So sorry to hear about her suffering and your loss:(

infernalis
11-23-2008, 08:06 AM
My sincerest condolences Steve.

You'r a good man, She was fortunate to have you.

Take care, chin up and my thoughts are with you and your family during this somber time.

olive oil
11-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your kids.

Garter_Gertie
11-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh, Guido. I don't know what to say. I'm so so sorry. I wish I could do something to ease your pain. You are - all of you - in my heart and thoughts.

If this might help you... I truly believe that if you love someone and keep them in your heart and mind, they're never truly dead. Just not 'here' where we are and live forever in our hearts, mind, and heart.

I'm so sorry.

prattypus
11-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I am sorry to hear that. No matter how long they are with us, it's always too short.

Loren
11-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss, I have lost dogs in the past, but can't imagine losing one after that many years. Take care.

Snake lover 3-25
11-23-2008, 09:06 AM
so so sorry.... my thoughts are with you and your family.

Lori P
11-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh Steve, I am so sorry. I know there are no words to help your pain... just know your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find peace and comfort soon, knowing that she loved you all and lived a great life with you. HUGS.

Stefan-A
11-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Sorry for your loss, Steve.

mtolypetsupply
11-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Steve,
I'm so sorry to hear about Alexis. You and she and all who loved her will be in my thoughts.

Charlet_2007
11-23-2008, 10:18 AM
I write this with a very heavy heart.. I'm deeply sorry.. If my words come out all weird its because I'm crying right now.. I'll be praying for you all.. I did this for loris dog as well and i think Alexis Rose Gilfillan would have like this..

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/zoie18_2001/alwaysandforeverAlexisRoseGilfillan.jpg

bio6464
11-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Steve I'm sorry, remember her and she'll always be by your side where she belongs.
Jerry

Hornets23
11-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Really sorry about your dog steve. I know its the hardest thing ever.

adamanteus
11-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news, Steve.:(

drache
11-23-2008, 01:19 PM
sorry about your loss, Steve

count dewclaw
11-23-2008, 05:10 PM
So sorry for your loss, Steve.

aSnakeLovinBabe
11-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Awwe steve, I know exactly what you're going through. I'm so sorry to hear it. This exact thing happened to my family a year ago and it's extremely hard to lose a lifelong companion. Just be thankful that she was able to share 16 wonderful years with you and remember the good times.

ssssnakeluvr
11-23-2008, 06:31 PM
very sorry for your loss!!!! it's very hard to lose a pet, especially after that long. here's something we send to pet owners when their pet passes and we pick it up......

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

adamanteus
11-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Don, that's lovely!:)

Aundrea
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Steve im so so sorry about your wonderful dog!!!:( I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. You had such a long wonderful years with her. She trusted you for whats best for her. Chin up high and just think about how lucky you are to have the best dog and bestest friend you have ever had. She will be with you always

reptile3
11-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Steve, I am sorry for the loss of your dog! She will always be remembered!
I will keep you & your family in my thoughts...

guidofatherof5
11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all your kind words. The word got out about my Ally girl and my phone has been ringing off the hook, people coming to the house.
I would take her into my DARE classes as a special treat for my students and her. My students fell in love with her from the moment they met. Even students that had a fear of dogs would come and see her. Walking down a hallway with 400 students in it and her not on a leash. She was a hard worker. She never lost focus of her resposibilities. She touched the lives of so many in her 16 years and I know for the rest of my life she will still bring a smile to my face and all the others she touched.
She simply wore out her body. Her mind was still as sharp as when she was a puppy. She came to me today asking me to end her pain. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but also the right thing. When talking to my students I tell them that the right thing to do doesn't always feel right, but it's alway the right thing. My words came home to me today and I know it was the right thing to do.

jitami
11-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Steve, I am so very very sorry... having recently gone through this myself I know how painful it is and how much you're suffering... give those kids hugs from me... :(