PDA

View Full Version : Coffee table

NetBSD
11-20-2008, 10:05 PM
do you guys think a coffee table snake cage will stress a snake out way to much? i wanna make one but i dunno if a garter or any other kinda snake can put up with setting cups down and so forth, it wouldnt be REALLY busy, its just me and the misses

Hornets23
11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
I had the same kind of idea in mind...Actually...I was thinking more of an end table...with a tarantula. I think it sounds like a cool idea at the very least.

Loren
11-20-2008, 10:30 PM
I would think that if it wasnt too busy, it could work. Depends on the situation.

NetBSD
11-20-2008, 10:54 PM
the most activity it would see is at night when i would watch TV for a hour or so. other then that it would be just like its a normal cage on a stand

Hornets23
11-20-2008, 11:01 PM
That sounds reasonable. I think it would be awesome.

tyflier
11-20-2008, 11:05 PM
I have a garter, two rosy boas, and a Cal king in my living room as table top ornaments. Garter and Cali on opposite sides of the TV and rosies on a side table in front. None of them are any worse for the wear. My house isn't "busy", but it's me and my 4 year old daughter, so...there is always some activity...

NetBSD
11-20-2008, 11:50 PM
well sounds like im going to give it a shot, ill be on the hunt for a nice coffee table

adamanteus
11-21-2008, 03:35 AM
I think it's a great idea! Done well, it could look awesome!

Seere121
11-21-2008, 03:59 AM
Well, For Garters I think it would be a great idea. My three Garters absolutely LOVE attention; walk by and all three will poke out of their hide bowl and one will practically beg to come out. When I watch TV more often than not I'll see at least one of them staring at the TV too.

Lori P
11-21-2008, 06:11 AM
I'd give it a go too... if you had kids, I'd say no. But it doesn't sound like they'd get bothered any more than if they were off to the side of the living room.

OMG, speaking of tv... my Florida Blues are SO intrigued by the tv!!! I've never noticed any of the others paying any attention, but those two do the "meerkat" stance and just stare at it SO hard!

Garter_Gertie
11-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Peepers, Jeepers and The Blues Brothers' tank is right next to my TV. And the cats are constantly climbing up and snuggling down between the two lamps. My guys seem fine.

anji1971
11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
My snake tanks are on the sofa table. One on top, one on the lower shelf. They don't seem too bothered, and we have lots of activity here. They do tend to pop out when the TV is on!

jitami
11-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Sounds pretty cool! My house *is* busy and I have my two babies on my desk, slightly eclipsed by the only computer monitor in the house. When we're home there's almost always someone sitting there on the computer, often picking drinks up and down an inch from the tank, etc. They've been in the same location since they arrived here, but really don't seem phased by any of it. They check us out and go about their business :)

crzy_kevo
11-21-2008, 01:01 PM
actually i was thinking the same thing but i plan to use it as a stand for my new snake rom in january (i am moving to an apartment with a spare bedroom :D) anyways this coffee table has a section in the midle that by my estimates is about 25 gal. and right in front of the opening is a notch that runs across the whole botom of the table as well as the top and is the perfect width to fit a piece of glass or plastic as a sliding door i plan to cut a few holes in the sides and put screen over them and one for a light and it would make a great snake enclosure im also thinking of puttin a hinged screen door right over top for easy feeding and cleaning access.