PDA

View Full Version : A Feeding Video!

aSnakeLovinBabe
11-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I made a feeding video... shot all the clips on saturday and it took me until just now to cut them up, stick them all together and add some music!!! All the rodents being used are f/t and the garters are obviously having worm pieces. I hover over all my snakes as they eat and remove substrate with my tongs to rpevent them eating it. Most of my snakes simply do not like to eat outside their home right away, and since I have so many... I do not have time to wait for them to do so!

I shake the mice once a BP strikes it to make the snake think it is indeed killing something. I have noticed that sometimes BP's willr eelase and ignore a f/t after they have struck it... the shaking seems to do the trick.

here is the link... let me know whatcha think!

ClipShack - Snake Feeding Day (http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=72E2C9CD36EDEF34)

jitami
11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Nice Shannon! I could watch it over and over! I love the music choice, too! Very nice indeed!

guidofatherof5
11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Awesome! Oh, and did I mention it was awesome.

prattypus
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Wow. Was that a similis that kept striking so hard? Very impressive demonstration...

Hornets23
11-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Completely awesome shannon!

mtolypetsupply
11-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Good job, Shannon! I especially like what appears to be an "UNhappy rat dance"! That and the one who strikes AND takes the rat back in his/her hide.

reptile3
11-05-2008, 11:53 PM
amazing video Shannon!!!

kurtnagel
11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Awesome,

I have never seen BPs feeding before. I like hoe they instantly "wrap" their victim to make sure it is dead before eating it. It happens so fast!

Stefan-A
11-06-2008, 02:17 AM
Nice video, Shannon. :)

crzy_kevo
11-06-2008, 06:46 AM
very cool video shannon thanks for sharing

drache
11-06-2008, 07:39 AM
thanks, Shannon
nice video

GartersRock
11-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Do you have a Juvie TX Rat Shannon?

JSI
11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Great video and very nice collection of snakes you have.

Jeremy

gregmonsta
11-06-2008, 03:34 PM
THat was groovy :D

Snake lover 3-25
11-06-2008, 04:30 PM
very neat video!!!!!! love the music:D

Sid
11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Nicely done, Shannon.:D

ssssnakeluvr
11-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice video!!!!!

Lori P
11-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh, really well done Shannon! Great editing and music. And of course, awesome snakes!!!

Jack Neary
11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Wow. Was that a similis that kept striking so hard? Very impressive demonstration...

Shannon,
I have the sister from the same litter of your Similis that I bought in August from Scott Felzer. She has the very same mean disposition as your Similis!
Regards,
Jack

aSnakeLovinBabe
11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Shannon,
I have the sister from the same litter of your Similis that I bought in August from Scott Felzer. She has the very same mean disposition as your Similis!
Regards,
Jack
haha yes... I have heard it is a similis thing! Scott told me when I was on the phone with him last week that his similis seem to be more wiry than any others. I had a similis baby before that did not make it and she was the same way! Both of mine are like that and the only way I can get them to eat is to hold them in my hand or to get them to be angry enough to STRIKE their food! I swear the are only eating their food because they are spitefula dn think they are hurting me by doing so.

And no, I do not own a texas rat, those ratsnakes you saw are the son and daughter of Tightie Whitie my white sided black rat snake, and a cornsnake... they were born last year... see my black rat was supposed to be a male and I ened up housing my two "male" snakes together for a bit while one of their cages was broken... and sure enough one day I lifted up tightie's water bowl to find HIM laying eggs!

reptile3
11-06-2008, 09:39 PM
And no, I do not own a texas rat, those ratsnakes you saw are the son and daughter of Tightie Whitie my white sided black rat snake, and a cornsnake... they were born last year... see my black rat was supposed to be a male and I ened up housing my two "male" snakes together for a bit while one of their cages was broken... and sure enough one day I lifted up tightie's water bowl to find HIM laying eggs!

Oops!! I guess he wasn't a male after all!!!

anji1971
11-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Yesterday the video wouldn't play for me for some reason, and I was all disappointed.
But it worked this time. YAY!
Very, very cool. I LOVE that crabby little similis!:D

GartersRock
11-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Ah! I see! Well a black rat x corn snake looks a lot like a TX. ;)

olive oil
11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Just watched your video, nice.

salzar
11-28-2008, 11:48 AM
hungry, wow famished . my little snakes would get frightend just seeing it on the pc.. heee heee to darn cool,
great job shanon. bye
michelle

brain
12-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I shake the mice once a BP strikes it to make the snake think it is indeed killing something. I have noticed that sometimes BP's willr eelase and ignore a f/t after they have struck it... the shaking seems to do the trick.

First let me say Bravo with the video. Did you take lesions’ at it or just a natural :D

Never get tried of that show. ;)

Just to comment on the teasing. I have a 5 year old male Woma and I really need to play (what I call) tug-of-war when it come to his feeding. He has always been picky about his food. When I first got the pair I tried live mice but very quickly seen the error in that. So resent kills are more to his likening. Bring out an F/T rat and well the battle begins.:eek::eek:

aSnakeLovinBabe
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
haha, actually, that was the first video I ever made/edited!!! but thanks :D

tug of war with snakes is fun! hahaha... nothing like a stubborn snake tha wont crack. like my carpet python. she will not, absolutely is never going to touch a rat. I am convinced.