PDA

View Full Version : A Welcome to Recent New Members.

adamanteus
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
I can't help but notice that during my recent enforced, work related absence (14 weeks, can you believe it?!!!), we've had numerous new guys join our forum.
I always like to welcome newcomers personally as soon as they post for the first time, but of course this hasn't been possible in recent weeks. There are simply too many of you for me to acknowledge you all individually now.
Please accept my apologies and my 'blanket welcome' to you all. I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming weeks and months.
I'm sure you'll find our forum informative, friendly and fun... so a very warm welcome to all of you!:)

bsol
10-20-2008, 05:10 PM
oh man thanks! I love this place... You have a lot of good company here James!

adamanteus
10-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm glad you like it, Brandon.... sorry I missed your earlier posts.

bsol
10-20-2008, 05:20 PM
no prob buddy! they were well taken care of...

guidofatherof5
10-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I like this wonderful place. A safe place for these awesome snakes.

reptile3
10-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! James:) I joined in Aug. I didn't have any garters at the time. But it only took me a month to get some... & more to come soon!!
I love it here, everyone is so friendly, it's fun, & very informative. I am learning all kinds of things. I am not new to reptiles, I have a bearded dragon who is turning 7 in a few months, Iguana,Ball Python, 2 Leopard Geckos, & 2 cats.:D

I am glad Aundrea, had me come to the site... ever since joining, I had stopped going to my ball python group!!LOL

Glad that you are back James, heard good things about you!!:D:D

tyflier
10-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I've been keeping snakes for more than 20 years, but just got my first garter(believe it or not) about a month ago...wild caught Thamnophis couchii. Here's a picture of her:
http://www.kingofcolubrids.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/other-pets/alina1.jpg

And one of her 18X18X18 enclosure:
http://www.kingofcolubrids.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/other-pets/thamnophis1.jpg
As you can see, she has a ton of climbing and hiding opportunities, and a nice, large water dish she hunts fish from. I'm getting a "roommate" for her next weekend...

Anyhow...just thought I'd share...

Garter_Gertie
10-21-2008, 05:31 AM
WOW! Lori's got some compitition for great tanks! LOL!!!

Gorgeous tank, Chris. I REALLY like it!

Lori P
10-21-2008, 05:33 AM
(Plotting to steal Chris's tank, snake, and block him from the forum) LOLOL Just kidding. Nice set up for her, Chris. She's really a nice looking snake!!!!!!!

Snake lover 3-25
10-21-2008, 11:25 AM
very nice tank!!!!:eek::D

adamanteus
10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Lovely couchii Chris... nice set up too!

Snake lover 3-25
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
hi james lol:D