PDA

View Full Version : web site

ssssnakeluvr
10-18-2008, 11:28 PM
My web site is under construction and has changed a lot!!! check it out!!!! :eek:

EdgyExoticReptiles
10-18-2008, 11:38 PM
are you gunna put pics of all ur garters?, and nice

My web site is under construction and has changed a lot!!! check it out!!!! :eek:

ssssnakeluvr
10-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Most of them....all species, morphs...still a work in progress....I am not a web master or designer.... :rolleyes: looks better than it did tho!!!! :cool:

GartersRock
10-19-2008, 12:13 AM
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! I was waiting for you to do that. :D
By the way... How is that male checkered doing?

Sid
10-19-2008, 03:21 AM
I like the new site much better, Don.:)

mtolypetsupply
10-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Nice work, Don! What site builder are you using? Check out my website, and if you want, we can cross-link. Mine is ever-evolving, too.

Speaking of linking, I'd be happy to link to any pages of nice, kind, honest garter people (BOB need not apply). PM me if you would like.

Mount Olympus Pet Supply- Pet Supplies for Dogs, Cats, Reptiles, Amphibians, Birds, Horses, and Fish (http://www.mountolympuspetsupply.com)

Lori P
10-19-2008, 06:29 AM
ROFL--- this is my favorite line on your site so far:

"With my loving wife's support (except when it comes to cleaning and feeding) I have been able to get started."

:DThat so describes my hubby!!!!

It's looking good Don. Not all the links work but that's still because you're under construction, right?

Man, I've been so un-motivated about my own website. I need to get on it asap.

And hey, Mt Olympus--- I didn't realize you ran a pet supply! Too cool!! Good start. Hey, my co-worker makes homemade soaps, lotions, etc and one of the things she just started making is carrot scented horse shampoo (Altho we all use it on ourselves!!!). If you ever feel you might want to carry a specialty, home made kind of thing, I'll get you in touch with her. I've been telling her she needs to market a good skin cream for riders, too.

jitami
10-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Very nice Don!!!

Mt. Oly, I've book marked yours as well :)

ssssnakeluvr
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Nice work, Don! What site builder are you using? Check out my website, and if you want, we can cross-link. Mine is ever-evolving, too.

Speaking of linking, I'd be happy to link to any pages of nice, kind, honest garter people (BOB need not apply). PM me if you would like.

Mount Olympus Pet Supply- Pet Supplies for Dogs, Cats, Reptiles, Amphibians, Birds, Horses, and Fish (http://www.mountolympuspetsupply.com)
I use dreamweaver 8.... I have had no training in this stuff and am not a computer type person....I was the science geek in high school, not the computer geek... :rolleyes:

the site is still under construction....so there will be link areas with no links, pages not quite done yet, and so on.....it's a work in progress. I do like how it is turning out tho...a lot better than the old one!!!!!

ssssnakeluvr
10-19-2008, 08:36 PM
ROFL--- this is my favorite line on your site so far:

"With my loving wife's support (except when it comes to cleaning and feeding) I have been able to get started."

:DThat so describes my hubby!!!!

It's looking good Don. Not all the links work but that's still because you're under construction, right?

Man, I've been so un-motivated about my own website. I need to get on it asap.

LOL!!!! yes, still under construction..I have no experience so it won't look like these fancy sites, but hey, I am saving money by doing it myself...playing with dreamweaver 8.... :cool:

NetBSD
10-19-2008, 11:05 PM
LOL!!!! yes, still under construction..I have no experience so it won't look like these fancy sites, but hey, I am saving money by doing it myself...playing with dreamweaver 8.... :cool:

looks great, but you should play with dreamweaver for a while then work your way to using the code section of dreamweaver and drop back top the design to check how it looks, then eventually work yer way to notepad or some other text editor you like. dreamweaver is great to begin with but as you learn more and more you will notice how dreamweaver tosses in useless code that you can do without. not putting dreamweaver down in anyway just my .02 if one day you would like to be able to code like the pros. i worked my way off of dreamweaver 2 years ago and find myself using vim (a CLI(Command Line Interface) text editor for the unix operating system) rather then some program to help me out.

reptile3
10-20-2008, 05:02 AM
very nice Don... i bookmarked it!!:D:D

dashnu
10-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Looks really good Don. Much better then the original. Good work!

mtolypetsupply
10-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Don, good job, with the Dreamweaver. I'm lucky, my hosting site has just point and click stuff so I really don't have much work to do. I am not fond of code. You're doing great! Keep up the good work, and I look forward to more pics!

drache
10-20-2008, 08:44 AM
looks nice, Don
I like it better than the old one also
good work

Thamnophis
10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Nice site, Don.
I've placed it in my linklist on Thamnophis.eu (http://www.thamnophis.eu)

ssssnakeluvr
10-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Nice site, Don.
I've placed it in my linklist on Thamnophis.eu (http://www.thamnophis.eu)
Cool thanks!!! i put a link for our site on mine also....love it, lots of photos!!! gotta check out the new photos soon! working on my site now, trying to get it finished..keep missing links to pages.. :rolleyes:
dreamweaver works for me...not a big computer person...lost when it comes to writing code....:o

ssssnakeluvr
11-03-2008, 10:23 PM
got my site updated a lot since my original post....keep forgetting little links here and there....so much work, so little knowledge of building sites....:eek: it's fun tho!!!

mtolypetsupply
11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Keep up the good work, and thanks for the link! Little by little, your site will become a masterpiece!

Those pics are trouble, got any room on the wait lists for the sirtalis "Orange Flame" and maybe parietalis? NO, I can't, just Florida Blues (for now), self-control, self-control. Oh, I think I'm inching down the continuum from Garter Hobbyist to Garter Addict!

:)
Stephi

GartersRock
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Yay! Updated! *scampers off to look*

tyflier
11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
The site is looking fantastic, Don!

I tried using Dreamweaver, and found the interface more trouble than it's worth. I build and run my website using WordPress, which is actually a blogging tool, but works exceptionally well for creating static pages right alongside dynamic pages, such as available animals, links, photo galleries, and merchandise. It also makes it easy to add little blurbs about reptile shows or exciting news and such, AND provides your visitors with automatic RSS capabilities for all of your updates or additions.

Anyhow...just an opinion on another option for the "coding challenged" web builders out there...

ssssnakeluvr
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I've got it finished now...except for some more stuff on the care sheet page.....added some more photos

dashnu
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Awesome Don, put me down for a piar of the Albino red sided garters. Real nice looking!!

ssssnakeluvr
11-17-2008, 10:31 PM
I'll put you down!!!! hopefully the hets breed!!!!!! I will get some photos up of the het pieds...one female passed away...the other and the male are doing great!!!!!!

dashnu
11-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Yea I hope they breed too :D Sorry about the female, Will that male be ready to breed in 09 ? The mom has been in the fridge for a month now in hopes she will be ready to rock come spring.

ssssnakeluvr
11-18-2008, 06:44 PM
no..he won't....still small. they are slowing down on feeding right now....I am hoping I don't have to brumate them.....want to keep pounding the food down them and get them up to breeding size.

dashnu
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
yea I hear ya, looking at my two wanderings as we speak wondering why the pinky i put in there an hour ago is sitting there still. :D :D

Scaley.Jade
11-19-2008, 08:03 AM
love the website

Josh
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
hey nice site much bettter.
if u need anyhelp just ask i know a lot about html and js
also if u need a shopping cart i can make one up for you.