PDA

View Full Version : February 2007 Photo and Caption Comments Thread

Cazador
02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Let's make general comments about either the caption contest or the photo contest in this thread. This will cut down on the amount of chit-chat between contest entries. Have fun,
Rick

abcat1993
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Well, I hope my snake can shed in one month :D

Sid
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Hoping mine do as well. Had a dozen shed in the past 7 or 8 days and wanted sme photos of them, but my timing and their's didn't match up once:mad: .

Sid

Stefan-A
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
My male is shedding right now, but he's 155km away. The female will be shedding in a couple of weeks. Maybe sooner, the amounts she has been eating lately.

Just wait until somebody picks 'mating' or 'giving birth'. That ought to cause a couple of annoyed grunts. ;)

Beautifylgirl
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
My male is shedding right now, but he's 155km away. The female will be shedding in a couple of weeks. Maybe sooner, the amounts she has been eating lately.

Just wait until somebody picks 'mating' or 'giving birth'. That ought to cause a couple of annoyed grunts. ;)

Wow, what a great time to pick this theme. I came home today and lo'and'behold, she's got blue eyes today and very very dull looking. Getting ready to shed again, horray! I can enter the contest now. :) Now I must go take some pictures.

Stephan- I'm sorry your snake is so far away, but I agree can't wait to see the matin or giving birth month. It will definately be interesting.
Brittany

Cazador
02-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Brittany,
Congrats on figuring out how to get those great close-ups. You're going to be a real force in the competitions. Can't wait to see your next entry in mid-shed :).
Rick

Beautifylgirl
02-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Cazador,
That picture was my favorite out of the ones I took today.Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it.
I can't wait to come home to her shedding. I'll be keeping a close watch for the next couple days. :)
Brittany

Cazador
02-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Okay... I have to confess that I didn't think this month's contest would be nearly as interesting as the ones we've had in the past, but man was I wrong! I was just flipping back though all of the pictures today, and there are some really cool entries. I wanted to share this photo as well. It's not part of the contest, but I thought it was cool. Take care,
Rick

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/DSC06605.JPG

abcat1993
02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Aww, Rick, I would have voted for that.

Snaky
02-14-2007, 01:53 AM
You might have had my vote to, just because I've always wanting to take a picture while shedding and never could. I've even almost never saw my snakes shed :)

Cazador
02-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Not to rub it in, but I've made a couple of really cool videos, too :D.

Snaky
02-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Not to rub it in, but I've made a couple of really cool videos, too :D.
*******:p
( I can't even call names here :( ;))

Stefan-A
02-14-2007, 03:23 AM
*******:p
( I can't even call names here )
Oh you can, you just have to get creative when you are calling people b.a.s.t.*.*.*.s. If that was what you were trying to say. ;) Couldn't figure out any other dirty word that long, that could also be used as a friendly jab. :D

Snaky
02-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Oh you can, you just have to get creative when you are calling people b.a.s.t.*.*.*.s. If that was what you were trying to say. ;) Couldn't figure out any other dirty word that long, that could also be used as a friendly jab. :D
You thought correct;)

Stefan-A
02-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Rick. :D
Straight from MSN Encarta:

5. zoology botany
similar and usually inferior:describes plants and animals that are similar but not identical to, and usually slightly inferior to, a particular kind or species

-http://encarta.msn.com/xImages/trans.gif******* trout
-http://encarta.msn.com/xImages/trans.gif******* pine

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

KITKAT
02-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Oh you can, you just have to get creative when you are calling people b.a.s.t.*.*.*.s. :D

My favorite term for this is bastich. You are really in trouble if I call you a fargin bastich.:D

Stefan-A
02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Rick, that was low. :D Do I have to start saying "you illegitimate child" instead of "*******"?

Cazador
02-15-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm laughing behind my computer screen with each post :D. I acknowledge defeat and surrender ;).
Rick

charles parenteau
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Here's mine.....good thing I did that shedding post a while ago;)

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//512/medium/Petra_shed.jpg
A very nice picture!

GarterGuy
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
A very nice picture!

Thanx!:D Just worked out for the contest this time around that she was in shed.

Cazador
02-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Believe it or not, another month has flown by, so this month's photo contest is nearing an end. Be sure to post last minute pictures before we start the polls. Cheers,

Rick

Stefan-A
02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
GarterGuy,
That second entry is great! Almost looks alive. :)

GarterGuy
02-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeh, it was only a couple minutes after he had completed his shed!

Stefan-A
02-24-2007, 02:18 AM
Sorry about the crappy theme this month, I know it's hard to get a good picture when the subject is at its ugliest. But the only good one that everybody can participate in, is feeding (hell, it's always exciting to witness predatory behavior) and we had that one last month. The other really good ones (giving birth, mating etc.) are so special, that maybe only two or three on this forum could compete.

This is my point of view and I'm sticking to it. Maybe the next theme will be "stupid stunts". Or "defecating". ;)

Cazador
02-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Stefan,

Love the suggestions for upcoming themes! I also realy enjoyed some of the photos from this month's theme. I'm sure we all did. Best,

Rick

abcat1993
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
That would be pretty lucky if you could get a pic of it defacating. Although disgusting at the same time.

Stefan-A
02-24-2007, 02:56 PM
That would be pretty lucky if you could get a pic of it defacating. Although disgusting at the same time.
I'm still waiting for an opportunity to show a certain "pooping accident" picture I took this fall, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for that theme. ;)

Cazador
02-24-2007, 03:04 PM
I can only imagine what that must have been like :D...

Stefan-A
02-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Let's just say that the victim was also a garter snake. ;)
Oh and it's not really a good picture, but it did crack me up when I saw what was going on.

Snaky
02-25-2007, 06:21 AM
You can also put in theme's like headshots, complete snake pic's, garters climbing, garter in the water bowl, ... themes enough, not?:)

KITKAT
02-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Perhaps it is too early in the year, but in May, perhaps we should have "breeding activity"... :o

adamanteus
02-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Or how about a theme which brings in photos that will continue to be useful to us as a forum?......... Scalation, close in head shots, unusual species, or specimens. I don't know, I haven't really thought it through, just something we can refer back to in the future. I guess that's up to this month's winner!

James.

Daniel
03-20-2007, 07:13 AM
I just want to share this picture with you:

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//502/medium/DSC00587.JPG

It fits perfectly to this topic. Unfortunately my animals shedded to late ;)

Best wishes,

Daniel