PDA

View Full Version : The house - not totally garter related

Tori
10-15-2008, 02:50 AM
I said that if I bought the house that I would post where anyone that was interested could see the progress in remodeling it. Well...bought the house, moved in a week ago yesterday. This is a real fixer-upper so don't expect a lot. The inside is all plaster and lath walls - so after stripping 5 layers of wallpaper I found out that a lot of the plaster was rotten. This meant stripping off the plaster and putting up sheetrock. Oh well, one room at a time.

I have put the garters into brumation in the basement which is going good so far. Lowered the temps a bit and no food so far. Keeping clean water in and turning the lights off earlier every couple of days. Another week or so and I will turn off the lights and let the temps drop. Never done this before, hope it doesn't hurt them.

Link for photos of the work on the house is
http://photobucket.com/DragonDreams

Sid
10-15-2008, 03:17 AM
Congratulations on the new home, Tori. Bet it will really be great when you finish all the remodling.:D

Odie
10-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Tori, Congratulations on the new house, any room for a garden? :D

jitami
10-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Congrats on getting moved in! Hope the rest of the remodeling goes as smoothly as possible! I'm looking forward to more updates :)

Snake lover 3-25
10-15-2008, 10:59 AM
congrats:D that house looks like it's got alot of potential:D

Tori
10-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks. It only has 1/8th of an acre with it, but I think it can handle a very small garden. To be honest I am having so much fun! It is a lot of work, but I can do anything that I want to with it. Arched doorways and wooden floors and a deck on the roof of the kitchen (which is very large). I will keep adding photos to Photobucket.

reptile3
10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Congrats on the new home... Looks like you know what your doing, I enjoy remodeling ONLY when I can finish it. Good luck, with each room!!
thanks for sharing:)