PDA

View Full Version : Blisters...

Drahylas_dao
10-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi!, I need your help, four days ago i found one of my thamnophis sirtalis with a very big blister in the middle of her body, after she shed another little blister appeared, how i can eliminate them?

EdgyExoticReptiles
10-03-2008, 09:31 PM
i think what your dealing with is scale rot, make sure her enclosure is dry and u can put a little neosporin on the scale rot, should clear up in the next shed or two

Hi!, I need your help, four days ago i found one of my thamnophis sirtalis with a very big blister in the middle of her body, after she shed another little blister appeared, how i can eliminate them?

infernalis
10-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Also (without a photo it's hard to determine) if the blisters are full of pus, you will need antibiotics, and a vet visit may be necessary.

I had a snake develop "Blisters" and each one filled with pus. He required oral antibiotics and cream to cure it.

Garter_Gertie
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Scale rot doesn't cause blisters. It's more of the scale being 'eaten' way at the bottom edge and becoming raggedy. With a snake that has light colored scales on the belly the ragged edges can take on a brownish discoloration.

It's a fungus, vs bacteria and the recommendation of the MN DNR is to use diluted (don't know the perportions) betadyne and bathe the snake daily for one to two weeks and then occassionaly there after - can't remember when though. But I can find out if anyone is interested.

Loren
10-04-2008, 01:29 PM
That sounds believable to me Gertie.
Either way, one thing is for sure, keep that cage dry and meticulously clean. Paper towels, replaced often, might be a good choice for a while, till it clears up.

Garter_Gertie
10-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Ditto what Loren said. And if not paper towels, newspaper would work. That's what we use at the park when scale rot occurs.

But I don't think scale rot with "blisters."

CrazyHedgehog
10-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I bought a couple of cheaper garters many years ago that had quite a few blisters..(thats why they were cheap) I kept them normally - but with smaller water bowl (to drink only) ensuring no water spills and clean tank...and they healed within a couple of sheds... think they had just got too damp!

the answer is def keep clean and dry!

Drahylas_dao
10-05-2008, 05:12 PM
thak you all for the answers, I washed the terrarium and changed the newspaper, only I will have to wait...
greetings!!

Snake lover 3-25
10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
can you post a pic of it???