PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New To Forum

OregonHerpaholic
02-03-2007, 08:10 PM
But not to snakes. I have been a member of yahoo's gartersnake group, and I found this forum while looking through the links. So far, I am in Love.. I shall haunt this forum daily..ok, several times a week.

Anyhow, I am Billie. I hail from Oregon, and I am very interested in gartersnakes. My very first snake was a Florida Blue stripe..along with a green iguana.. That was almost 20 years ago. I now have over 40 snakes, turtles, frogs, salamanders, etc, etc:eek: .. But the only garter I have is an Oregon Red-spotted..

I hope to acquire a pair of Melanistic Easterns this year.. And maybe a Florida blue if I can find one.

Hope to chat with ya all soon...

Billie

Boots
02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Glad you found us, and welcome to the forum. If you have any problems, please drop me a line.

Jason

Cazador
02-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi Billie,
Welcome to the forum. There's a great sharing of information here, so I'm sure you'll love it and will be able to contribute quite a bit. Enjoy your stays,
Rick

Gijs & Sabine
02-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Billie, and welcome from Holland:)

Stefan-A
02-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Welcome aboard!

Sid
02-04-2007, 05:21 AM
Hi Billie,

Welcome to the forum.

Sid

Snaky
02-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Welcome and enjoy it here:cool:

GarterGuy
02-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Howdy and welcome to the forum. It's always good to hear from seasoned herpetculturist who are now also getting into Thamnophis. I do find it funny though how you live in Oregon and your first garter was a Fla. blue T.s.sirtalis, considering the large variety of beautiful garters that live right around you.:D I think I'd be out every warm day looking for T.s.concinnus, T.s.fitchi and T.ordinoides.....not to mention hitting CA for some T.s.infernalis and T.e.terrestris. Here in PA we've got T.s.sirtalis and then there's T.s.sirtalis and I think I've seen some T.s.sirtalis! Ok yeh, there are T.butleri and T.brachystoma, but compared to a bright blue T.s.infernalis?....yeh, you get the point.:rolleyes:
Roy

Thamnophis
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey Billie, welcome here.

Beautifylgirl
02-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Welcome from Washington! I hope you enjoy stalking the forum as much as the rest of us do.
Brittany

OregonHerpaholic
02-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Actually, I have only been in Oregon 6 years.. Ran away from California desert.. Where I bought the Florida blue.. and then caught my now, 10 year old gopher..

Oregon has some gorgeous garters.. The red-spotted I have now is a large female, said to be around 10 years old, or more..(caught last year and popped out 15 perfect clones). I hope to find a few more babies this year..

Cheers,

Billie