PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma!!

Lori P
09-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Oh boy... I have fallen head over heels for a garter on Kingsnake... only to discover he's wc... and my personal choice is to try to always avoid wc snakes. But oh, man, I even dreamed about the darn thing last night. LOL

Aaaargh... he's only been captive a month. The guy says he's eating well. But I don't know this guy... and there's the other thing... I also decided I would only buy from people I knew on this forum. So here I am considering going against both my rules...

I know the answer: stop browsing Kinsnake when I'm bored late at night. LOL!!!!!

I waaaaaaaaaaant him.... but I shouldn't...... come on guys, advise me here... also, I guess I shoudl ask-- is anyone else looking at him? I don't want to compete with anyone here. He's listed as a blue belly garter, and trust me, you'll know him when you see him. Darn it, I've already looked at his pic 100 times this morning...

Thoughts??!!!!!

drache
09-27-2008, 06:15 AM
ok - will go look
okay . . .
there's something in my favour: I was so overwhelmed by their home page, that I couldn't figure out where to find garters or even classifieds
so I did find all of that, but no blue belly garter - just some black necks

Snake lover 3-25
09-27-2008, 06:22 AM
i can't find it????

drache
09-27-2008, 06:26 AM
perhaps your dilemma is no more

Lori P
09-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Oh, sorry, should have just posted the link:

kingsnake.com Classifieds (http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=632404&cat=6)

I saw those blacknecks, as well. The thing is, I'm not in the market for a new snake... esp. after loosing the ribbon. I feel I need to find him before I get a new snake. But that guy just caught my eye sooo bad.

drache
09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Lori
that looks like a very nice Florida blue sirtalis, but if you're not in the market for a snake right now, I do believe you could find one of that quality at another time
Scott carries them for $25 each, but the photo he has on the site is old, and I have no idea what his really look like - just that any normal snake I've gotten from him has looked better than the photo

Lori P
09-27-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm so torn. I really don't know why this particular snake has caught my attention. And I keep telling myself, a month ago he was living a totally free and natural life, and now that's been taken... and if I get him, I've just put another into his place. I need to say no. Just say no, Lori!!!! LOL It's not even about someday getting a better looking snake... it's about this snake. Crud. Can someone block my access to Kingsnake please? LOL

Lori P
09-27-2008, 07:15 AM
This guy Dan does photography too. Here's a link to some of his pics. Really great shots.

Dan's World (Updated Sept 06) (http://www.thegardensofeden.org/Web%20Sub%20FOldes/DANS%20World%20Web/index.htm)

drache
09-27-2008, 07:24 AM
oh - Dan - DTS herps - click, click, click
it's Dan Scolaro - small world
he's the guy who took Brett's babies to Germany
it doesn't say that that snake is wild caught anywhere - or am I missing something?

Lori P
09-27-2008, 07:29 AM
No, I had to ask him. So is he a good guy, overall? He's been quick to email and seems to answer my questions honestly.

drache
09-27-2008, 07:34 AM
haven't bought from him personally, but some good people deal with him and he responded promptly to my questions a year or so ago

aSnakeLovinBabe
09-27-2008, 08:16 AM
oh wow!! that guy looks just like my male FL blue! hes a really nice FL blue... I was looking at him myself!

if you are against WC... I still have some babies Lori :P

Aundrea
09-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Ohhh im ALWAYS looking at that site drooling LOL. I get in trouble there.:eek: I remember looking at that garter last night and thought OMG HES BEAUTIFUL!!!! Well you cant tell your heart what to do and I think you just made up your mind so when you get him take LOTS of pics :D:eek: Gee im bad eh? LOL.

infernalis
09-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Gee thanks! Now I saw Scotts Black neck babies!!!!

Lori P
09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I went out to Petsmart to grab some fish tank supplies (I moved Jeffy the goldfish into a 29 gallon-- hopefully that will be big enough for him for life??) so that I could get away from that damn snake and was sure when I got home I'd have made the decision to bypass him.

And all I did the whole time out was... think of that damn snake. LOL

And came home and pulled up his pic and went: Sigh... I reallllllllllly like that snake....

And here's the ironic thing... I have exactly $100 left from my birthday stash. The price of the snake and shipping. Come on, isn't that cosmic??!!!!

jitami
09-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh, but Shannon has baaaaybiees.... just think little bitty baby versions of him... Shannon, maybe some pics would help? :p

And I'm guessing that since you moved Jeffy into something bigger you have a perfect baby tank available??? Hmm? :p

aSnakeLovinBabe
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
hahahaha, Lori, you are a trip :P

but of course I wil share some pictures of the babies just for fun :P

Both Don and Wayne will both be recieving 2.2 of these little gems soon!

NOTE: they are not born blue... they earn their blue as they grow up! The only pics I have is when they were first born a month ago:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Snakes/Garters/457444r006.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Snakes/Garters/476146.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Snakes/Garters/476144.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/aSnakeLovinBabe/Snakes/Garters/476127.jpg

Now let me hear it! A nice big collective ::awwwweeeee::

bio6464
09-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Shannon your pics always make me smile...so how much will it cost me to get 1 sent to Illinois? SIGH!?
Jerry

Stefan-A
09-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Now let me hear it! A nice big collective ::awwwweeeee::
Bah. :cool:

aSnakeLovinBabe
09-27-2008, 12:31 PM
awee c'mon Stefan... show us your cuddly, fluffy, unicorn butterfly side for just this ONE time. We won't tell! we promise! There has to be some love of cute things in there somewhere!

Aundrea
09-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Shannon thoese babys are soooo cute and beautiful!!!!!! :D

jitami
09-27-2008, 12:51 PM
My goodness they are cute!!! Lori, if these babies don't take your mind off of the wc adult... well... you should probably buy him... but just look at those babies... with the big eyes and their cute wittle heads... too sweet Shannon! :)

Stefan-A
09-27-2008, 01:37 PM
awee c'mon Stefan... show us your cuddly, fluffy, unicorn butterfly side for just this ONE time. We won't tell! we promise! There has to be some love of cute things in there somewhere!
*shakes head and takes another bite of unicorn jerky*

Lori P
09-27-2008, 01:43 PM
ROFLMAO!!!! Stefan!!!!!

And Shannon, your pics, as always, are stunning and those babies are sooooooo cute!!!! But...

I still want my big boy!!!!!! Sigh... I'm getting him. I may go to hell for buying a wc snake, but until I go, I can look at that damn snake and giggle. I should name him T.D.S. LOL

reptile3
09-27-2008, 03:02 PM
great big http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp332/CRySTALz_SiDEkiCk/awww.gif

What cute babies you have Shannon... I wish I could get one, or even more... but I can't. Aundrea is always sending me craigslist & kingsnake stuff.

Lori, I hope you can get that snake you want.. It's gorgeous!!!:)

infernalis
09-27-2008, 04:22 PM
My lizards eat butterflies.

count dewclaw
09-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Sigh... I'm getting him. I may go to hell for buying a wc snake, but until I go, I can look at that damn snake and giggle. I should name him T.D.S. LOL

He is a good looking boy! I hope you enjoy having him. :)

Snake lover 3-25
09-27-2008, 05:32 PM
lol well...... look at the bright side of wc...... they have a higher amune system and in my opinion they seem to appreciate people more.......

jitami
09-27-2008, 06:29 PM
lol well...... look at the bright side of wc...... they have a higher amune system and in my opinion they seem to appreciate people more.......

So not the case at my house :D The two wild caught kids barely put up with my presence... they usually freeze if they notice that I'm watching them. If I reach into the tank or even just open the lid, forget it... they're off to the nearest hide. The babies are still a little flighty, but go about their normal business in my presence and are starting to climb on my hands when I put them in the tank :D It really is night and day in my very limited experience... that said, I have not put really any time into trying to acclimate the two wild caught kids to handling. We're all content with the current arrangement and that's all that matters :)

Looking forward to many updates(ie pictures!) of your new boy Lori :)

Garter_Gertie
09-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Not to be a wet blanket, but Lori... Please, please, please proceed with caution. Other than Scott, I'm hesitant to buy from anyone at kingsnake dot com. Dekay's horror story with his Dan snake...

I don't know. I'm reluctant to deal with the folks there. I trust us guys better.

Simply my opinoin and not worth squat. I'm prolly a Nervous Nellie and cutting my nose off to spite my face. (shrugs shoulders)

ssssnakeluvr
09-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I haven't bought off kingsnake in a long time....last time was the mealnistic eastern fromTon Dickinson and before that a gravid red spot....but I don't go there very often. well....sometimes just to look....I usually buy from Scott or trade and buy on here!!! losing interest in kingsnake real fast...lot of people at the expo felt the same way!!! :eek:

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I haven't bought off kingsnake in a long time....last time was the mealnistic eastern fromTon Dickinson and before that a gravid red spot....but I don't go there very often. well....sometimes just to look....I usually buy from Scott or trade and buy on here!!! losing interest in kingsnake real fast...lot of people at the expo felt the same way!!! :eek:

I go to look also. To get a feel for costs, see what's out there. But unless someone I know and trust - like from here - recommends a specific person, I'd not buy from there. Poor Dekay's horror story put the fear of god into me.

Had to chuckle at your comment, Don, regarding losing interest in kingsnake. Traffic's really slowing down there. I think folks are tired of the high-handedness of the moderators. They don't have the calibre of folks over there like James.

Again, there is no better place than Thanmophis - no matter HOW you prounouce it! :D

Lori P
09-28-2008, 09:49 AM
I've never checked out their forums, but I do like to look at what snakes are out there and how prices are running. And now that I've gotten in trouble, I will have to be much stricter about allowing myself on there... LOL!!! I'm still surprised at myself but at the same time I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited.... it's like there was this little devil snake on my shoulder going, "Get him! Get him! Now! Get him!" and when I looked for my angel snake, he was bound and gagged in the corner... LOL

drache
09-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm still surprised at myself but at the same time I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited.... it's like there was this little devil snake on my shoulder going, "Get him! Get him! Now! Get him!" and when I looked for my angel snake, he was bound and gagged in the corner... LOL
totally been there

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I think everyone will be there/has been there at least once. Prolly will happen again, Lori! :D

As of yet, my angel's won. I don't expect that to be the case forever.

Ya'gotta listen to your heart. Yup.

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh! I forgot... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

When will the new guy come? We'll need pics OF COURSE! And a name? Devil would be good! LOL!!!

Lori P
09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I asked Dan to hold him until next week, to give me time to set up a new enclosure... um, him and the stub tailed female Dan thru in... :D Oh I am soooooo bad.

Now.... how to break it to hubby?? :rolleyes:

Aundrea
09-28-2008, 10:46 AM
OMG Lori you bad bad girl!! Your grounded from Kingsnake LOL :D

I cant wait to see pics of them!!! That one is a beauty!!!

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 10:49 AM
w00t!!! That ol'devil hit you really hard, huh? LOL!!!

Well, a better home for a poor little stubby tailed garter couldn't be found.

Try looking at it this way, maybe Hubs will buy it:

You rescued the Stubby Girl and the guy threw the MALE in free fur'nuttin'!

YEAH! That'll work!

Lori P
09-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Ooooohhhhh Gertie. You're GOOD!!!!! LOL I think that will work just fine!!!!! Hell? Here I come.... :D

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Ah, well. You're not the only one with one foot there and the udder on a banana peel. And we sure won't be alone when we get there, will we?

LOL!!!

reptile3
09-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Congrats Lori!! Can't wait to see pictures.... I got my Ball Python off of Kingsnake.com
Aundrea bought George for me.

Have you all heard of Fauna Classifieds:
FaunaClassifieds - Powered by vBulletin (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php?)

BOI- Board Of Inquiry , they have a Canadian & International board of Inquiry.

How did hubby take it?? I know mine was mad when he found out I had 4 new snakes. :D

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Just remind your Hubbies to be thankful you've not fallen in love with elephants...

aSnakeLovinBabe
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
thank god my boyfriend does not care how many snakes I come home with :p:p:p

hahaha, congrats lori.. can't wait to see pictures of them!!!

Lori P
09-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Just remind your Hubbies to be thankful you've not fallen in love with elephants...

Omg.... I am SO in love with elephants. Have you ever visited the Elephant Sanctuary website?? These people are my heroes!!!!!!

The Elephant Sanctuary : Hohenwald, Tennessee (http://www.elephants.com/)

Now there is a rescue worthy of all the donations and grants they can get... someday when I can't run my own rescue, I'm going there and donating my last years to them!!! They can bury me with the elephants...

Garter_Gertie
09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
(thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...) <------- banging head against desk.

Well. THAT backfired! LOL!!!