PDA

View Full Version : When to stop wrapping pinkies?

fantail
09-14-2008, 02:56 AM
This morning Both girls took their mice lovely.
1 is on fuzzies now and other 1 on pinkies.
What i do night before is get some salmon and slice it as tho its a blanket. I then wrap the frozen mice in the salmon slice, so as they defrost in the fridge overnight the smell of the salmon seeps through to the mice.
If i stop doing this method will they still take the pinkies/fuzzies?
Advice be most welcomed. Thanks.

(P.S. GregMonsta if you reading this, yes i am getting braver, am now touching frozen pinkies by hand Ugh.)

drache
09-14-2008, 04:56 AM
when I take away whatever I am scenting with, I do it sort of gradually
in your case that might mean that instead of wrapping the pinks while you defrost them, you just stick a strip of salmon in with them to give it a whiff of the old salmon
after that you just give them the mice
or you could just try taking the jump - give them unscented and see what happens
they might surprise you

aSnakeLovinBabe
09-14-2008, 06:01 AM
they might surprise you

they will, more often than not!

gregmonsta
09-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Well done fantail ;) ... yeah I would go and gradually reduce the amount of fish you use if your planning to cut out fish all together ... Personally I would continue offering fish along with rodent faire (fish being cheaper and closer to their natural diet) I feed both fish and pinkies at each feed (and am in the process of convincing Xerxes that they don't have to smell like worms to be edible!!!) ... lol fun and games :D