PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Thamnophis
08-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi everybody,

My name is Fons, I live in Holland, have a wife and three sons. Married with children, so to speak. ;)

I am 50 yaers old and keep reptiles since I was a very little boy.
The first snakes I bought were Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis (in the early seventies).
After a number of years I did not keep any Thamnophis anymore. I was to busy starting up, together with two friends, a shelter (sanctuary) for reptiles.
This has become one of the largest reptilezoos in Europe. If you want to see more, visit Iguana (http://www.iguana.nl).

Since a number of months I keep Thamnophis again (private) and I still think they are fantastic snakes.
In this moment I keep:

1.1 Thamnophis atratus atratus
1.1 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis
1.0 Thamnophis sirtalis tetrataenia (2 females are ordered and will arrive soon)

Friendly greetings from the Netherlands

Fons

Thamnophis
06-19-2007, 07:32 PM
An update...

I was interviewed for a Dutch newspaper and there also was a picture with it.
Thought I would share it with you.
In my hands I keep our juvenile Python reticulatus that was born in our zoo this year.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/41756-a.jpg

Elliot
06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
You have some cool photos on your site, too bad I can't read Dutch!

Thamnophis
06-19-2007, 07:48 PM
You have some cool photos on your site, too bad I can't read Dutch!

Donīt say it too loud, but I am busy with a translation. Will take a while, but every day I do a small part.

I will post it when it is ready.

Elliot
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Cool, looking forward to it!

GarterGuy
06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Too late I heard it!!!!!!:D That would be really great....I can honestly say you've got the best all around Thamnophis site around, present company excepted of course.;)
Roy

chris87
06-20-2007, 12:45 AM
very nice snake mate

drache
06-20-2007, 06:25 AM
that's so cool, Fons
it's nice to get some positive media coverage for our less-than-mainstream critters
I'm looking forward to your web-site translation
I can read about a quarter of the Dutch I encounter and that never seems quite enough to put together an entire sentence

arborealboids
06-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome, cool site.
~mark

drache
06-20-2007, 04:01 PM
wow, I just found the German part
Mikhaila says: "when can we go there?"
oh, I wish . . .