PDA

View Full Version : HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!! I Found Feeder Guppies!

Garter_Gertie
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
My Hoggy breeder really, strongly, "suggested" (put down the law...) that I not patronize PetCo/PetSmart, et al, but the independent pet stores. At least snakey-wise. And I do agree. When the independents go, so goes a way of life...

I can't deny him anything, my breeder. He's been SO GOOD to me - 24/7 available, even a couple times a day - and given me so much and been so helpful. Had Kenabec not eaten Thurs nite, my breeder was going to take him back, get him on live pinkies again (because I can't as THEY'RE ALIVE!) and again transition him, Kenabec, to f/t ones. But, Kenabec did eat.

So today I went to Twin Cities Reptiles for stuff to go with the new tank/stand I got off craigslist... AND THEY HAVE FEEDER GUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more rosie reds for Peepers and Jeepers!!!!!!!!!!! NOPE!

Prices vary. Some o'the stuff is more expensive, some is WAY CHEAPER than PetCo/PetSmart. My breeder gave me the name of a woman (to be nice; she's actually a little girl from the view o'my years!) to work with and that she'll always take care o'me. Met her today. NICE young lady and very sweet and HELPFUL.

So. There you have it. I DID find feeder guppies and I'm as happy as a fly on $h!t! :)

GartersRock
08-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Awesome Gertie!!!!!!! Whoo! :D

Garter_Gertie
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Yeah. I was bumming that I couldn't find them. I'm pretty happy and my comfort zone has increased.

Garter_Gertie
08-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Oh, say! I saw Blood Python poo and ITTIZ AS BIG AS A LAB'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. Glad a BP didn't poo all over me at The Fair!

Lexa
08-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Tehe, we don't have to worry about going to Pets At Home in the UK...since they have no reptile sections. At least mine doesn't.

And I never go in there anyway. There's always some poor old rat all alone in a tiny tank who wants me to buy him because he's getting too big and nobody else will...

Garter_Gertie
08-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Lexa, I'm in a huge mother role here and could have gone the rest'o my life w/o reading that.

Whoremoans? I don't know! I don't know! I'm like in this hyper motherlove overload mode at the moment.

I think I'm going nutz.

Lexa
09-01-2008, 09:24 AM
*Blinks*

Ummm....

Yes.

I agree.

*Slowly moves backwards*

:)

reptile3
09-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Way to go! That is awesome:)

jitami
09-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Gertie, I still can't find feeder guppies here! Went into a little mom & pop type reptile store yesterday that I never knew existed and saw the cutest wee little baby hoggy, though. No wonder you love your boys so much! He was adorable! The rest of the store was pretty much a waste of time, tho. Icky, dirty, poopy cages :( It really seemed like the guy was in way over his head. The store was pretty busy, but he's going to have to make time to clean those cages... sigh...

crzy_kevo
09-01-2008, 12:13 PM
thats disapointing tami

and mk thats great news that you found feeder guppies :D

GartersRock
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I decided to keep my blood pythons... I showed them to some breeders at the expo and they freaked out. lol!! They basically told me if I EVER want to breed blood pythons I will have a heck of a hard time finding any as nice as them... So... I am keeping them which means more lab size poop! lol!! :D

jitami
09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I was really disapointed... I'm going to check back in a month or so and see if conditions have changed any.

jitami
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Nice Amanda! Good luck with them!