PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Magma

infernalis
07-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I am still stunned right now, mixed between P.O. and sad all at once.

Went in to feed the babies, and Magma was expired on the floor of his enclosure. Looked as if he was sleeping, not upside down or anything like that.

I tried to move him, and rigor had already set in......

ok now it's hitting home, gotta go....

Bye little dude..

http://www.danceswithreptiles.com/babs/extreme.jpg

Stefan-A
07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Damn. Sorry for your loss, Wayne.

ssssnakeluvr
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
that sucks! sorry for your loss!!!!

aSnakeLovinBabe
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
oh my gosh...... wayne :(

That is terrible. do you have any idea what may have happened?

Once, one of my trio of anery radix's from scott was laying there, jsut like it was sleeping, and I thought it was dead... well, i picked it up and realized it was jsut barely there .. I started to massage the snakes chest and throat and it gasped for air all the sudden as if it had choked... and it "came back" to life.

Not trying to bring you down here, just this ordeal reminded me of when that happened. Anything that he may have choked on Wayne?

I am so sorry to hear this. I and probably everyone else here could tell how fond you were of Magma and how much you loved the little guy :(

I almost want to cry right now

GartersRock
07-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh... Wow... I am stunned... Soo, soo sorry for your loss..... =(

infernalis
07-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Sick to my stomach,

77 degrees, fresh water, clean aspen, ?????:confused: good eater.. spunky little dude.

NO handling, only at feeding time. locked in the reptile room away from stress, and kids... what a slap in the face.

Not only was he my pride and joy, but this flushes the whole albino flame thing caput.

Magma was from Scott's litter that produced his albino flame, he was to be paired up with my snow eastern.

Shannon, no bringing this one back, stiff as a board...

He was fine this afternoon, whatever it was, I will never know. he will be buried out back in the meadow tomorrow.

I have isolated and quarantined his tank mates, if something made him sick, I don't need it spreading throughout all my morph collection.

zooplan
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
I feel with you,Wayne.
Thatīs the hardest thing.
If you canīt even guess why itīs doubling the pain:mad:

GartersRock
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Uh... I feel sick...
This is just what happened when I lost those 4 snakes 4 weeks ago!
No explanation. Just feeling sick to your stomach and you can't do anything about it.

Wow Wayne... Oh, I feel for you... Uh...

It passes a good deal when it sets in that it is in the past and there is nothing you can do but try again.

*sigh*

Hope things turn around Wayne!
Amanda

bio6464
08-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Wayne that sucks dude...I'm so sorry. I really feel for you, I know how much that little guy meant to you. Hang in there, remember we're here if you need to vent. :confused:
Jerry

Snaky
08-01-2008, 02:14 AM
It sucks to hear that, sorry for your loss...

reptileparadise
08-01-2008, 03:29 AM
O my god, I'm so sorry for you wayne!

snakeman
08-01-2008, 03:47 AM
That really sucks!Sometimes these things just happen.I have had it happen many times over the years.I guess it is kind of like s.i.d.s. in humans.Talk to Scott he will hook you up.

drache
08-01-2008, 03:52 AM
oh Wayne
I'm so sorry
what I capital huge loss - oh man
can only imagine how you must feel
. . . so sorry

SpyrotheGartersnake
08-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Sorry for your loss Wayne,:(

Lori P
08-01-2008, 04:57 AM
Oh Wayne, I'm so so sorry. I feel like I knew him, too. Sending out a big (((hug))) to you this morning.

Garter_Gertie
08-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Wayne, I'm speechless. And hurt for you so much. I know how important Mags was in your planned breedings - a litte Stud Muffin. I wish there was something I could do to ease what you're going through. Know I'm thinking about you and if you wanna talk, I'm just a PM a way.

((((((dk))))))

anji1971
08-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh no.................not Magma........:eek::(
I'm so, so sorry, Wayne. I know how special the little guy was to you.
I can't even imagine how terrible this must be for you.:(:(
HUGS.............

Sid
08-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Really sorry to hear the bad news, Wayne.:(

Gijs & Sabine
08-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh no :( I just couldn't believed it when I read this title.
I'm so sorry for you, Wayne!! I enjoyed it so much to read about your happyness about Magma and see all those great pics.
A big hug...

Garter_Gertie
08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
I keep reading this thread. I'm now at work and more awake... And I can't keep the tears from my eyes. For Magma, you Wayne, me... Like Lori said, I too felt like I knew the little guy. He was a member of the forum, showing up now and then with his perkiness and sweet smile. I'm going to miss him.

Bless you, Mags. Thanks for the happiness you gave me looking at your pics. Love'ya.

garterchick
08-01-2008, 08:13 AM
i'm so sorry wayne, i know that hurts. we wish we could change things but ultimately we can only set the stage by providing ideal conditions and after that nature decides on it's own.
my condolences

jitami
08-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm so sorry Wayne... I'm sitting here in shock... can't even imagine what you must be feeling... so so sorry...

infernalis
08-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks so much everyone...

Now if I may, a eulogy to my Magma...

When that box first arrived here I was as giddy as a child on Christmas morning, when I opened the deli cup inside and saw that bright red face look up at me, well it was exciting!

My holy grail, the extreme red flame, colored like a sweet cheery on the tree.

Exceeded my every expectation, brighter than any photo could portray accurately.

When I first placed the snakes in the enclosure, it was Magma who immediately started boring tunnels into the aspen. He was the first to eat, always feisty and curious to what was going on around him.

Then in subsequent conversations with Scott I discover Magma was het for albinism, the cake got sweeter still.

So the next natural step was procuring him a snow female to work that albino gene... so Snowflake was the next to arrive.

Somehow even though Snow Sirtalis is a revered specimen to have, far more rare than a flame, I felt nowhere near the excitement opening that box as I did the day Magma arrived.

I did manage to get this one and only picture of the couple together, had hoped for many more. Sadly this would be Magma's last photo shoot.

http://www.danceswithreptiles.com/eastern/1magsnow.jpg

Slither on little one, slither on......

jitami
08-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Wayne, I remember how excited you were when Magma arrived... and your enthusiasm was evident with every post about him, including this eulogy... how I wish a eulogy wasn't necessary...r.i.p. little man...

count dewclaw
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh Wayne, I'm so very sorry! I know how fond of the little guy you were. I couldn't believe that this was true when I read the title, so sorry.

adamanteus
08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Oh Wayne, I'm so sorry to read this! It really sucks when this happens, I lost a 'perfectly healthy' cyrtopsis last year, in just the same way.... I feel for you.

GartersRock
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
What a beautiful eulogy Wayne! R.I.P Magma! We love you!

crzy_kevo
08-01-2008, 12:29 PM
omg wayne im so sorry magma was an amazing looking flame and i can't tell you how much i am feeling for you this has been a bad week for both of us :(

Elliot
08-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Wayne, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost two babies in this same manner last year. Hang in there. :(

Jack Neary
08-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Guys,
What a terrible month...
First Amanda's 4 and Kevo's ##loss... now Wayne's gorgeous Magma? Obviously I am humbled to be with some very knowledgable, skilled and loving Garter caregivers. This a GREAT(addictive!!) forum, which is made up of all kinds wonderful people from all over the world! I guess even with the best of care, bad stuff can and will happen...?
I'm so very sorry Wayne... I loved the pictures of Magma you had posted.
(maybe those damn little frogs are behind this:mad:)
Our luck will change for the better... and soon!!
Regards,
Jack

Zephyr
08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Wow. That's really weird.
So sorry Wayne, but there'll be some good in this one way or another.
Maybe instead of an albino flame you could try and albino northeastern with yellow?

Aundrea
08-01-2008, 11:02 PM
I sit here in shocked!!! I am so sad and hurt for you Wayne :( I am so sorry about your little Mags. Gosh what a sweet and beautiful snakie. I am thinking about you and Mags.. *hugs*

enigma200316
08-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry for your loss........:(

Kevin_is_a_herper12
08-02-2008, 10:52 AM
wow that really sucks...sorry wayne....=[

infernalis
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks again everyone.

It's cool to know just how missed he will be.

There will be others, My "Flame fetish" will not be over anytime soon:D

The breeding project will have to wait. However the snow female will take longer to mature, so I will make sure to obtain 2 males from that litter next time around.

Masubius is doing very well, Thanks Tina, he's a little plump fella, likes to eat a lot!! just his coloration leans more to the orange side.

It does seem strange looking in there and not seeing Magma anymore.

Again, Thanks for all the condolences, I have grown some fairly thick skin over the years, but little Magma hit home...

Now it's time to focus on all the other exciting things going on.

I will move all of Magma's photos on my web site to a eulogy page, empty out the memory card, sort for any other nice shots I never used, put them up and be done with it.

http://www.reformedsniper.net/1/peekaboo.jpg

Snake lover 3-25
08-05-2008, 08:22 AM
awww so sorry to hear that wayne..... that really sucks..... we all know how important he was to you....:(

Charlet_2007
08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Man I leave for a week and come back to this !!! Man I'm soo SORRY.. I can understand I lost my little No Feet about 3 months ago and I felt dazed and confused about the whole thing.. All tho I didn't pay for him I still cared for him because of the BIG gash a cat had left on his side had healed and he was a feisty one as well.. Just went in one day he was gone don't know how or why.. I think what I hate the most is not knowing what caused his death.. :(

But here's a memory for you to keep..

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q61/zoie18_2001/1magsnow.jpg

charles parenteau
08-19-2008, 09:48 PM
sorry for your lost...Its a shame !

infernalis
08-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Merci Charles.

bkhuff1s
08-20-2008, 10:24 AM
R I P I'm part of a GTP forum as well, and GTP's also sometimes for no apparent reason are dead suddenly. I'm sorry to hear that apparently the same holds true for garters...

KITKAT
08-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Wow... what can I say? Sorry you lost Magma! Been there done that, but thankfully, not recently.:(

reptile3
08-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I am sorry to hear about Magma. :(