PDA

View Full Version : My maritimes

EdgyExoticReptiles
07-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Cash:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk260/edgyexoticreptiles/My%20Collection/Garters/DSC_2131.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk260/edgyexoticreptiles/My%20Collection/Garters/DSC_2136.jpg
Fred:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk260/edgyexoticreptiles/My%20Collection/Garters/DSC_2144.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk260/edgyexoticreptiles/My%20Collection/Garters/DSC_2158.jpg

I thought i'd get some last pics of these guys to before there sold, they are 140 + shipping

drache
07-26-2008, 04:47 PM
are they sold, or are you looking to sell them?

adamanteus
07-26-2008, 04:48 PM
How come you're selling your snakes, Reed?

drache
07-26-2008, 04:49 PM
good question

EdgyExoticReptiles
07-26-2008, 05:08 PM
im looking to sell them

are they sold, or are you looking to sell them?

EdgyExoticReptiles
07-26-2008, 05:09 PM
i have to downsize and i am getting a pair of flames from tina

How come you're selling your snakes, Reed?

crzy_kevo
07-26-2008, 08:51 PM
i was just noticing george looks exaclt like that last one after she has fed wierd like same color and everything

zooplan
07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
i have to downsize and i am getting a pair of flames from tina

So you like to change your stock, Reed!
Wouldnīt it be clearer to say it this way?

Donīt want to blame one you because you are bored of some of your snakes so fast, I have to fight regulary against the feeling that new species seem to be more atractive than the kept and I think I am much older and naturally slower than you.

That are nice photos of some beautyful snakes in a good shape Iīm sure you will regret when they are gone;)

EdgyExoticReptiles
07-27-2008, 01:04 AM
I didnt put it that way because im not selling them just to get the flames, and trust me im not bored of them , i am buying a rack that holds 10 cb- 70 tubs so i can move the snakes to the shed (they were in my room and it was kinda getting out of control, i think ive had salmonella like 2 times and its invading into my normal stuff) 9 are taken up by milks and i have 1 for garters, eventually when i get more moneys ill get another rack and get some more garters.

So you like to change your stock, Reed!
Wouldnīt it be clearer to say it this way?

Donīt want to blame one you because you are bored of some of your snakes so fast, I have to fight regulary against the feeling that new species seem to be more atractive than the kept and I think I am much older and naturally slower than you.

That are nice photos of some beautyful snakes in a good shape Iīm sure you will regret when they are gone;)

zooplan
07-27-2008, 01:31 AM
..., I have to fight regulary against the feeling that new species seem to be more atractive than the kept ...;)

sorry that I thought you could be similar to me:D

hard to explain and avoid missunderstanding and rudeness:o

Its just a different sequence of cause and reason...

reptileparadise
07-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Sorry to hear about moving out some snakes.
They are beautifull!
(why don't you live on the other side of the ocean? :D)

drache
07-27-2008, 04:24 AM
yeah - or at least on this side of the continent

drache
07-28-2008, 04:44 AM
so I sprang for them
I just couldn't pass "Cash" up - he is the perfect mate for my Chloe

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2111/2348429776_f038988cee_b.jpg

thanks a ton to Reed for working with me on this
I do need to add that some folks around here think I'm nuts for wanting to breed maritimes - is there something wrong with me?
am I totally deluded, or are these not lovely snakes, worth propagating?

Stefan-A
07-28-2008, 04:46 AM
Sorry to hear about moving out some snakes.
They are beautifull!
(why don't you live on the other side of the ocean? :D)
I'd be prepared to fight you for them, they're that beautiful. :D

Snaky
07-28-2008, 04:47 AM
I think you have a great breeding couple now, drache!
Those will produce some real nice maritimes. It's a pitty I'm out of room... I even wonder is somebody has them in Europe.

drache
07-28-2008, 04:52 AM
whew!
thanks for saying that
although I just realized, I may have made a mistake in thinking that Cash is Reed's male
Fred sounds a lot more like a boy's name - they both do
I'm just hoping it's short for Fr... Fre... oh damn
if Cash is the girl, it would be more of a long range breeding project
Reed?

Lori P
07-28-2008, 05:34 AM
I like them a lot, Rhea!! At some point I could be pursuaded to get one or two from you!! I wish I was in a position to get the Pugets... but I know my limit, and with other things going on right now, I'm at it. Sigh... Real Life sucks...

GartersRock
07-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Yes they are worth breeding!! Good luck!
Chloe is gorgeous! I like the blue...

anji1971
07-28-2008, 09:00 AM
That's good news, Rhea!
I'm sure you'll have some beautiful Maritime babies in the future.:)

drache
07-28-2008, 10:52 AM
thanks for all the encouragement

Lori - I so much know how you feel
and I'm sailing right along the edge of my limits
I had a very limited and specific list of garters allowed to me this summer and I ended up with an unexpected 3 out of 4
now there is only one very specific garter I'm permitted to get this year, and only if I can trade for it
then there's some exceptions - garters so unlikely to stumble across, I'd be a fool not to take them
and I'm firmly closing my eyes when I go to the rescue now
except Sean points animals out to me . . .