PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions!!

GartersRock
07-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Ok... Here we go!

Question 1:
Don, are you SURE that the red spotted I got from you couldn't be gravid? She is gaining weight for no apparent reason. lol! :p

Question 2:
Has anyone ever experienced this?
I got this super nice adult female checkered who was apparently not eating well. Couple days after she arrived she ate a f/t pink on her own.
Next week, nothing. Next week, since she had a history of not eating I went ahead and took ahold of her gently, and gently pushed a fuzzy in and slid it in just a tad and let go (while still holding her body). Wait... She slowly swallowed it. Ok then. Put her back in the cage.
Next week. Would not take it tease feed, set and leave the room. Nada. So I do it again. Pick her up, slide it in a teeny bit and wait. She swallows. A bit faster this time. Ok. Put her back.
Next week. lol! This time, still wouldn't eat like a normal snake. Try again. This time just barely open her mouth. She swallows it pretty fast.
Today.... I try normal. Doesn't work. So I pick her up, hold the fuzzy to her face and she grabs it and swallows fast... Huh. What have I done!! lol! :confused: :p

Snowberry, the strange girl:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c130/VirtualDreamStudios/Snowberry2.jpg

On a more normal note!! All the snakies had a lovely varied meal of tilapia, worms and cut up rat pieces today. lol! Usually they only get mice. With something else every now and then.

lestat
07-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Not sure about the second question but at least it lets you feed it and it is eating. So good luck with it. It looks very nice as well.
They are nice snakes too.

ssssnakeluvr
07-19-2008, 09:55 PM
yes, I am sure....well pretty sure...she was thin coming out of hibernation...she may have been in with the male (I don't remember for sure, guess I should keep better records). but, if she was, they would have given birth a while ago....the 2nd red spot I had that dropped slugs a little over a month ago bred about 3 weeks after the other red spots.....if by chance she stored sperm....save me a male!!!! :D

glad to see the other one eating....:mad: guess she didn't like me!!!!!!