PDA

View Full Version : George's new home

crzy_kevo
07-05-2008, 09:03 PM
hey all just posting pics of georges new enclosure i think it looks good george already likes the rock hide
um the main sun spotlight is a 100 watt and the light fixture has a dimmer on it so i can manage the temp easily on the left is just an old aquarium light and the piece of wood i found that should make a good hide
ok so on to the pictures
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/1733/picture020ei1.jpghttp://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9950/picture021zs4.jpg
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3633/picture022wl4.jpg

so what do you guys think oh ya and im using carefresh substrate this stuff is pretty good looking

infernalis
07-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Nicely done:D

Carefresh is cool stuff, it absorbs the snake poo, and you can just clean out the clumps.

George should be happy in there:cool:

crzy_kevo
07-06-2008, 04:23 AM
as you will notice i fogot to put in a water dish b4 i took the pics a few minutes b4 i went to bed i thinking what am i forgetting
then of course i realized lol
the temps worked out great last night the cool side droppd to 69-70 and the hot side stayed around 75

Lori P
07-06-2008, 07:16 AM
I think it looks like a nice place for George to live and explore! Nicely done. Only one word of caution-- make sure the rocks are settled all the way to the bottom of the tank, so that he doesn't burrow under them and accidentally get squooshed. (We like George round, not flat.) :-)

infernalis
07-06-2008, 07:29 AM
I think it looks like a nice place for George to live and explore! Nicely done. Only one word of caution-- make sure the rocks are settled all the way to the bottom of the tank, so that he doesn't burrow under them and accidentally get squooshed. (We like George round, not flat.) :-)

Good point Lori, That happened here once. I now use mostly fake rocks of plastic. Same look, lots lighter.

George is a girl... Hey there georgie girl....

jitami
07-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Looks good Kevo! I bet George would love some fake plants too.... either beg some off of someone you know... we all get them as housewarming gifts and then they sit around getting dusty.... or check the dollar stores. Sly doesn't feel secure up on his basking spot unless part of his plants are up there too. Then he lays on top of the plant, on top of the log, still in plain sight... go figure! :)

crzy_kevo
07-06-2008, 01:41 PM
lol ill definatly look into the plants and yes the rocks are at the bottom of the tank and i made sure the big flat one isn't wobbly either so no chance of it falling
im having trouble feeding george yesterday she only ate half a worm and today same thing she usually gobbles them up and i have to cut her off
maybe i need to get new worms they were still alive but a few weeks in the fridge

Sitting_duck
11-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Looks good...

Garter_Gertie
11-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Nice, Kevie! You are such a good daddy. You love your sniglettes, I can tell. Kiss George for me!

Is she going to have an open house? Send directions from St. Paul!

reptile3
11-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Looks great... carefresh is awesome stuff. I used the white one, Ultra Carefresh, it lasts longer, & keeps the smell out!!

Garter_Gertie
11-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Looks great... carefresh is awesome stuff. I used the white one, Ultra Carefresh, it lasts longer, & keeps the smell out!!

Steph... Is it scented? Keeping the smell out and all... If so, don't you worry about that?

drache
11-10-2008, 05:41 AM
nice rocks, Kevin
I think the care fresh looks pretty good too

crzy_kevo
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
lol this is an old thread sitting duck revived it if you go to the thread about turk and squirt you can see how it looks now :D