PDA

View Full Version : error?

reptileparadise
01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
reptileparadise, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. I keep getting this message when entering the site. Everything seems to be working though....anyone else getting this message?

Gijs & Sabine
01-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, I'm getting the same message as well :confused:

suzoo
01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
I just did, for the 1st time. Odd huh?

suzoo
01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
OK Rick, what did you mess up? Just kidding! lol

Cazador
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I think Boots is going to have to answer these questions. They're out of my league, but I can tell you this much... there were two changes that went into effect today.

First, people that view the forum without signing in (guests) will see advertisements between every 5th post. Just sign in to make the adds go away.

Second, the very first post of the newest members will go into a special queue that has to be screened by a moderator before it gets posted to the forum. This will help to cut down on the amount of spam that everyone sees.

Sjoerd, Gijs & Sabine, & Sue, I hope the error went away when you signed in. If not, please tell us what you were doing when you got the message and if you were ever able to review the forum. I'm sure these errors were because of the new changes to the forum, but they'll be cleared up soon. I just sent Jason a message to make sure he sees what's going on. Thanks,

Rick

boeh
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi there

This error message only come if I'm logged in and on the "portal" view (www.thamnophis.com). If I'm not logged in, I don't get the message. All other sites works well by me, also if I'm logged in.

Best,
Cyrill

Boots
01-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry about the errors messages. I remembered to update the setting for the photo gallery, but must not have checked the setting for the portal. I will have to fix it tonight. I would have preferred not to have had to make the changes, but we seem to attract people who just want to spam the forum, and I would prefer to keep them out. :) Should not take long to fix the problem.

Jason

abcat1993
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I never had this problem.

CrazyHedgehog
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
phew... i thought it was just me!

suzoo
01-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I have Thamnophis.com in my "Favorites" on my computer, I just hit that to come here and it goes straight to that message. But I just push the "Unread Posts" and I'm already signed in. Ta dah! And here I am :)

abcat1993
01-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Same here (except for that part about the error).

reptileparadise
01-20-2007, 03:16 AM
yeah...no real errors, but it looked like a catching title...

same as 'suzoo'. I just click the uread posts button and i'm already logged in.

abcat1993
01-20-2007, 08:49 AM
abcat1993, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I finally have it

Elliot
01-20-2007, 12:09 PM
lol I thought I did something bad and got banned somehow. It's only on the homepage though so I guess it'll be fine till its fixed.

Boots
01-20-2007, 12:21 PM
abcat1993, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.I finally have it

abcat1993 what page were you trying to get to when you got the error. It might be the permissions on the page I need to look at?

Jason

KITKAT
01-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I got the same error page. All I did was type http://www.thamnophis.com/ and then I clicked "go".

Once the error came up, I clicked on unread posts and that worked.

Stefan-A
01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I get the same error whenever I go to http://www.thamnophis.com/

I have this forum bookmarked as http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/, so it took me a while to even notice it. I think I got the same error(?) message once before when I tried to have a look at some new guy's profile, but that might have been unrelated.

Boots
01-20-2007, 02:20 PM
It should be fixed now, but you might need to reload the page for it to take effect. Can someone please let me know if they are still experiencing the problem? Thanks.

Jason

Stefan-A
01-20-2007, 02:22 PM
It's working now, at least for me. :)

Boots
01-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Glad to hear it.

reptileparadise
01-20-2007, 02:48 PM
yup...fixed ...Good job!

boeh
01-21-2007, 03:14 PM