PDA

View Full Version : Full Belly and many thanks!

beaniesmommy
06-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone very much for there advise on feeding my new garter. I got two fuzzies and scented them with goldfish and my snake ate them up fast with no problems. He actually ate them really fast which makes me wonder if I should get something bigger? I haven't seen much talk about bigger things being fed to Garters, so I am assuming what I gave it was right? Do snakes overeat? I was a little worried about giving him two, but he was still looking for another one so I went back to the pet store and got another. How long does it take for them to digest there food and deficate?

Oh and probably a stupid question but what is the 0.1.0 when you are naming your snakes on the signatures? Is is a female/male/child ratio?

Thank you Again!

EdgyExoticReptiles
06-10-2008, 08:27 PM
1.2.3 would mean 1 male 2 females 3 unsexed

Zephyr
06-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Yep, scenting always helps. :P
The point thing means the number and gender of specimens in:
Male.Female.Unsexed

So, 2male eastern garters, 3 female easterns, and 2 unsexed is 2.3.2

andyoconnor83
06-11-2008, 07:34 AM
some snakes WILL over eat and then regurg later. two fuzzies is probably fine and I am a believer in a couple smaller meals over a single larger prey item so I think what you did was fine. garters have faster metabolisms than say a corn snake or ball python, I would say it should be a few days though, maybe a week.

adamanteus
06-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Glad to hear the new snake's eating, Andrea.:)