PDA

View Full Version : January 2007 Photo and Caption Comments

Cazador
01-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Let's make general comments about either the caption contest or the photo contest in this thread. This will cut down on the amount of chit-chat between contest entries. I look forward to all of the contests this month, so best of luck to all.

Cazador
01-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Does anyone have a preference on how many captions an individual should be allowed to submit for the caption contest, or if there should even be a limit?

Personally, I'm inclined to say that anyone can submit as many entries as they'd like, and we can let creativity and personal judgement determine how many entries are submitted.

abcat1993
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't think that would be a good idea since it would be seemingly impossible to vote. If every body entered 5, for example, then that would be 410 if all active users voted

PS: Most users ever online was 64, Today at 08:27 AM.

HOORAY

Cazador
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
The photo contest is gonna be another great one this month. There are some fantastic pictures being posted!
Rick

Snaky
01-12-2007, 07:05 AM
I have to agree, we'll have a hard time choosing. And it's a nice one that 2 pictures can be posted.

Thamnophis
01-12-2007, 08:41 PM
I have seen some pretty ones indeed.

Cazador
01-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Ohhhhh Crazyhedgehog. That's hysterical!!! Nice job http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/images/smilies/2232thumb.gif.

Nice action shot on your first post (#15), Kitkat.

abcat1993
01-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Wow, ssssnakeluvr, you just might be getting my vote

jewel-dragons
01-14-2007, 06:22 AM
http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/aaafuzzy004-modcap.jpg
why are you using my photo?

CrazyHedgehog
01-14-2007, 02:51 PM
why are you using my photo?
thats the idea of this contest... use each others photos and add a funny caption...

Cazador
01-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi Kuno,
I hope you're not offended that Stefan entered the caption contest with your photo. Please notice the first post in the following thread (http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/thamnophis-contests/302-january-2007-photo-contest.html). The caption contest was designed so that we can all put funny little comments about each other's photo contest entries. If you would rather that people not use your entry, please send me a PM, and I'll remove both entries. Best wishes,
Rick

jewel-dragons
01-15-2007, 10:15 AM
sorry for my comment hahaha

i didn't know that this was the meaning....

so no offence from here,use my photographs,now i'm glad that somebody use my photograph and not from someone else.... :-)

but we in the netherlands never use some ones photo's...

bye bye

suzoo
01-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Jewel-Dragons, That is a beautiful snake!!! Do you breed them?
Suzoo

Snaky
01-15-2007, 03:15 PM
To get back to the picture's being used. This is not different in any country I think.

Any picture on the internet has copyright protection, even if the owner does not mark the picture. If you took the picture and you put it on the Internet, nobody else but you can use it. Unless you give permission.

Because we agreed on the caption poll, implicitely this is thaught in. But it's not mentioned in the rules. So in next games I would at the line:
"Each participant in the photo contest gives his permission to use his pictures in the Caption contest/poll and only in the caption contest/poll. If the person wishes that his picture is not used in the caption contest/poll, he should mention this when he posts the pictures."

Personally anybody can use my pictures, except for commercial purpouses. Of course if it's used by someone else I like it when my name is mentioned. But for the caption contest, I don't really mine that they are being used.

Cazador
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Hans,
Although we talked about using one another's photos in a previous thread (http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site-news/222-photo-contests.html), none of the new members would have known about that discussion, so your suggestion sounds like a great idea that will help to avoid future confusion. In fact, I'll add a comment to this month's rules, as well. Thanks a million.

Kuno,
Thanks for giving your permission. It's a great photo, and I'm glad you entered it. I think we all realize how difficult it must be to be part of a forum that uses a different language than you're used to, but I'm glad you're here! Thanks for making an effort.

All,
Besides the caption contest, I hope thamnophis.com can post the winning photo on the portal page (http://www.thamnophis.com/) and possibly even in an archive to show the winning, monthly photos, but this is of course, completely up to each winning photographer. Kind regards,
Rick

jewel-dragons
01-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Jewel-Dragons, That is a beautiful snake!!! Do you breed them?
Suzoo
yes i breed them....
last year a clutch

and i hope this year much more :p

abcat1993
01-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Personally anybody can use my pictures, except for commercial purpouses

I would love it if my garter was on a commercial (but after the money of course :rolleyes: :cool: )

jewel-dragons
01-24-2007, 02:47 AM
when is the poll starting?

Snaky
01-24-2007, 03:31 AM
I think it's best to get it started around now;)

ssssnakeluvr
01-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I believe the poll will start the last week of the month...they said we have 3 weeks to post pics, then 1 week to vote....

jewel-dragons
01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
yes but this is the last week of the month... right?

Cazador
01-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi Folks,
I'm having internet access problems at home, so my time online is limited. I've sent Jason a PM, asking if he can post the polls. They should appear soon. Please understand if my responses are delayed for the next day or so. Thanks,
Rick

abcat1993
01-24-2007, 03:52 PM
No, this is not the last week. Feb. first is next thursday.

Cazador
01-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Last call for photo and caption contest entries. The polls will be appearing soon.
Rick

Sid
01-25-2007, 04:02 AM
Another month with fantastic photos! Now this one is really going to be tough to decide who to vote for:eek: .

Seriously great photos everyone.

Sid

Stefan-A
01-25-2007, 05:45 AM
I think it was a lot more even this round. I can't really say that any of the pictures stand out in terms of motif or quality, but they're all good. Even though one entry isn't technically (as far as I can tell) "at lunch".