PDA

View Full Version : December 2006 Photo Contest Final Poll

Boots
01-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Ok, it seems we have 4 finalists for our December 2006 contest and without further ado here they are.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/images/other/0612%20contest-final.jpg

Cazador
01-03-2007, 03:12 AM
What an honor it was to have been beaten by these four photos! Congrats to you four and to everyone who participated for making our first photo contest a huge success. I hope we get even more participation in the January contest. Warm regards,
Rick

Snaky
01-03-2007, 03:31 AM
4 nice photos! Promising for the next contests:)

abcat1993
01-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow, I'm that's weird that Thamnophis is tied for second when he got so many votes last time. :D

Markus18
01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
next contest i join;) !

Stefan-A
01-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Congratulations to our first contest winner!

Snaky
01-06-2007, 08:42 AM
What will be the theme of the next context? The winner could chose the theme, no?

Stefan-A
01-06-2007, 08:43 AM
That's right.

abcat1993
01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Okay, felicianolis, where are you? Another thing to think of is what if the winners don't come back? Would it be runner up?

Elliot
01-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I need to try to get a good pic, but my camera isn't the greastest, but I guess it'll be fun to enter anyway. ;)

felicianolis
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Thank you very much for your compliments... and for your votes! ;-D
To be the first contest winner is for me an honor!!!

Ok...Now is time to choose the theme of the next contest...It's not easy for me: there are a lot of interesting "themes"!
...Mmm...Ok: I have decided!... The next theme will be "Garter snakes at lunch". We can take some pictures of our snakes while they are eating... What do you think?

abcat1993
01-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Sounds great; eating garters it is.

Elliot
01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Nice, this will be interesting!

Sid
01-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Thank you very much for your compliments... and for your votes! ;-D
To be the first contest winner is for me an honor!!!

Ok...Now is time to choose the theme of the next contest...It's not easy for me: there are a lot of interesting "themes"!
...Mmm...Ok: I have decided!... The next theme will be "Garter snakes at lunch". We can take some pictures of our snakes while they are eating... What do you think?

Sound great. This should be interesting.

Sid

Cazador
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Hi folks,
Please double check to see if I've faithfully summarized all of our revised rules for the January 2007 contests, and please post if these rules should be modified.

1) Each participant is allowed two entries per month.
2) The contest will remain open to new pictures during the first three weeks of the month, and the final month will be reserved for voting.
3) Pictures must be related to garter snakes, and only pictures related to the designated "theme," if applicable will be eligible to win.
4) Pictures don't have to be taken recently. Old pictures are fine.
5) At the end of the month, we'll add a poll to vote for the winning picture.
6) The winner will pick the theme, or category, for the following month's contest. This is completely at the winner's disgression, and the winner may choose not to have any theme, if desired.
7) The winner may submit photos for the following month's contest, but the same person is not allowed to win two months in a row. (This prevents the winner from choosing categories they're likely to win the following month).

Follow this link to learn about http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site-feedback-suggestions-questions/181-posting-pictures.html.

Other comments:

A second thread should be made for a contest where we come up with captions (funny comments) about the photos. These are the type of comments that might appear in "thought bubbles" above the snake's head in a picture (e.g. 2007 caption contest).

A third thread should be made where we make general comments about either the caption contest or the photo contest. It should be named something like January 2007 photo contest comments. This will cut down on the amount of chit-chat between contest entries. Have I missed anything?

Once again, these rules should be copied into the first post on the new thread. It's title should be something like "January 2007 Photo Contest," so we can distinguish between monthly contests. Best of luck ;),
Rick

Stefan-A
01-07-2007, 02:38 AM
I have a question about rule #1. This round, we had a total of 16 entries when only one was allowed per participant. However, the poll allows 20 options max. Is it really necessary after all, to allow two entries per participant?

Boots
01-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Not to worry about the poll max. It can be higher or lower if need be. :)

Jason

Stefan-A
01-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Fantastic :)

CrazyHedgehog
01-07-2007, 06:08 AM
2) The contest will remain open to new pictures during the first three weeks of the month, and the final month will be reserved for voting.

Should that be final week?

Cazador
01-07-2007, 06:10 AM
When we were previously discussing the issue of two photos, people seemed to be in favor of the idea, but we could revisit the issue in light of the good turnout last month. I hope we'll get more and more participation each month, but assuming we don't and everyone would have submitted two photos last month, we would have had to choose between 32 entries. That does seem like a lot. What do you say, folks? Should we limit the contest to one entry per person or bump it up to two each?

Sid
01-07-2007, 07:00 AM
When we were previously discussing the issue of two photos, people seemed to be in favor of the idea, but we could revisit the issue in light of the good turnout last month. I hope we'll get more and more participation each month, but assuming we don't and everyone would have submitted two photos last month, we would have had to choose between 32 entries. That does seem like a lot. What do you say, folks? Should we limit the contest to one entry per person or bump it up to two each?

Here's one vote in favor of two entries. I don't think it would be overwelming the thread at this point. As participation picks up we could always go back to one entry if needed.

Sid:rolleyes:

abcat1993
01-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I think we may as well try it out.

Elliot
01-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Let's get it started then!