PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow thamnophis fans.

Brian
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
I've checked this site out over the years and I'm glad to find a forum here now.
I hope it gets more traffic than the KS garter forum. So far this place seems much friendlier and much busier.

The first snake I ever caught was a melanistic wandering garter (t.e.vagrans) in my front yard in Utah when I was about 5 years old. I've been hooked on garters and all herps since then. :)

I currently breed and keep melanistic wandering garters, valley garters, and oregon red spotted garters. I'd eventually like to get some california red sided garters, coast garters, mountain garters, and northwestern garters. I like the garters from the Western US. the best. :cool:

Boots
07-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi Brian, thanks for joining our forum.

I've checked this site out over the years and I'm glad to find a forum here now.
The forum has been online for just over two weeks now. We currently have 22 members, and growing daily.

I hope it gets more traffic than the KS garter forum. So far this place seems much friendlier and much busier.
Thank you for the compliment. It is my hope that this site will become a favorite of garter snake fans everywhere. Now if we could only spread the word. ;)

The first snake I ever caught was a melanistic wandering garter (t.e.vagrans) in my front yard in Utah when I was about 5 years old. I've been hooked on garters and all herps since then. :)
You are not alone in getting hooked on garters at a young age. I remember trying to catch them when I was young, but they always seemed to get away. Probably for the best, my mother has a fear of snakes :)

I currently breed and keep melanistic wandering garters, valley garters, and oregon red spotted garters. I'd eventually like to get some california red sided garters, coast garters, mountain garters, and northwestern garters. I like the garters from the Western US. the best. :cool:
They do have a beautiful coloration don't they, and the San Francisco Garter is one of the most beautiful snake I have ever seen.

Once again, welcome to our forum. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Jason

Brian
07-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the Welcome Jason.
I look forward to spending time here.