PDA

View Full Version : How Often??

Edcase
03-30-2008, 05:58 AM
How often do garters get freaky lol?? mine seem to be at it aaalllll the time for the last month and half or so. Is that normal??

Lori P
03-30-2008, 06:25 AM
That's interesting that you say that, because Mordecai has been sooo active, searching and searching the tank but also extremely "spazzy" (if that's a word!)-- he startles and runs at the slightest thing. Miriam, too, to a lesser extent-- she's not as active but is very spazzy too, jerking away and fleeing to a hide at the slightest disturbance. What's up with that? Spring have them all upset for some reason?

Curious and Reed are not acting off like this tho. Reed sleeps and Curious watches out the tank and approaches every movement, as always.

Sid
03-30-2008, 07:30 AM
How often do garters get freaky lol?? mine seem to be at it aaalllll the time for the last month and half or so. Is that normal??

In my experience, it varies with individuals. Some of mine get "freaky" at times and others are always calm.

ssssnakeluvr
03-30-2008, 11:10 AM
depends on each snake....I have some that are mellow and some that are spastic little buggars, jump and freak at any movement.

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-30-2008, 12:37 PM
ok you guys... I think when they say "get freaky" they are talking about trying to breed? correct me if I am wrong but that is how I took it.. lol!

anji1971
03-30-2008, 01:31 PM
ok you guys... I think when they say "get freaky" they are talking about trying to breed? correct me if I am wrong but that is how I took it.. lol!

Ummm, yeah, that's what first came to my mind too! :o

Lori P
03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Ooooohhhhhh I didn't mean breeding in my case, I actually meant, Mordecai and Miriam are extra jumpy right now. Now that I re-read his post, it makes sense. D'oh. lol!!!

Edcase
03-30-2008, 04:16 PM

Yep thats what i meant lol sorry for the confusion. I was just wondering if it was normal or if i should move the female to another tank or let it continue

adamanteus
03-30-2008, 04:21 PM
If they are still 'at it', Joe, that would suggest to me there hasn't been a successful mating yet. My Checkereds were doing it for weeks this year! I would let them continue if they both seem happy enough to do so. Watch out for the female becoming stressed by the males constant attention though.

Edcase
03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Thats why i was a little worried abut whether to move her, because some times i can see that she isnt interested and desperatly tries to get away. Other times she is fine though and lets him "ave a go". Ill keep an eye on them and see what happens. thanks for the advice