PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like... ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Thamnophis
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I am an enormous music-lover and cannot imagine to live without it.

Some of my (old) favorites...

# Frank Zappa !!!
# Deep Purple
# Pink Floyd
# Steve Vai
# Joe Satriani

Thamnophis
12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
And some of the music of this age that I have on my Ipod...

# Wolfmother
# Muse
# The Strokes
# Kaiser Chiefs
# Quennes of the Stone Age
# Red Hot Chili Peppers

and ofcourse.........................

The Presidents Of The United States Of America :) :) :)

Stefan-A
12-17-2006, 07:38 PM
I listen to just about everything. I was going to post the first 50 bands on my random playlist, but it would have been an unnecessarily long list and most bands seemed to represent 60's to contemporary rock, with several exceptions (reggae, country, techno, classical etc). 70's hard rock/heavy is probably what I listen to most of all.

The Presidents Of The United States Of America, Frank Zappa, Deep Purple and Pink Floyd would all have been on that list.

Snaky
12-18-2006, 01:56 AM
The music I listen highly depends on my mood and the circumstances.

When I'm at home I like something like hooverphonic, novastar, ozark henry and on the occasion some classic music ( Carmina Burana fe. ). I also like some groups who sing in Dutch, like Clouseau, Wim soutaer, Gorky...

When I go out I prefer genres techo, trance, retro house... I do not really prefer groups in those genres.

Sid
12-18-2006, 05:10 AM
I prefer country for the biggest part, but also like classic rock. Not much preference on the artist.

Sid

Gijs & Sabine
12-18-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm a great music lover as well !! I like almost everything.

- although I'm 28 I really like music from the '60 and '70
- heavy metal
- rock
- celtic music
- classic
- reggae
- movie soundtracks (dances with wolves, lord of the rings, braveheart )

and so on, and so on.....

The only music I absolutely don't like ( sorry to all the germans) is "schlager" jodelmusic !:D

Sabine

ssssnakeluvr
12-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm in to the "hair bands", motley crue, skid row, poison....I also love the old rock form the 50's, 80's pop stuff......I am also a big Devo fan.......:rolleyes:
I also have a collection of funny music, wierd al yankovic, dr demento....stuff like that...:D

Cazador
12-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Speaking of older music, it's hard to beat Louis Armstrong, James Brown, BB King, Otis Redding, Ray Charles, or Sam Cooke.

I listen to classical music the most, though. My favorite composers are Vivaldi, Mozart, Gustav Holst, Rimsky Korsakov, and Tchaikovsky. It amazes me that some of this music is 200-300 years old!

As for the most beautiful voice, it's hard to choose between Luciano Pavorati when he sings Nessun Dorma and/or Elucevan le stelle and Maria Callas when she sings from the Marriage of Figaro.

There's also room in my world for Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Godsmack, Rammstein, Three Doors Down, White Zombie, Tool, and P.O.D. among others.
Rick

Beautifylgirl
12-19-2006, 01:19 AM
I'm in to the "hair bands", motley crue, skid row, poison....I also love the old rock form the 50's, 80's pop stuff......I am also a big Devo fan.......:rolleyes:
I also have a collection of funny music, wierd al yankovic, dr demento....stuff like that...:D

Oh the joy of "hair bands"!!! I personally love just about every type of music. I listen to mainly Rap at this very moment, mainly because I just put a new Kappa Perfect sub in my car and redid my entire sound system( I pretty much live in my car so music is very important). But I also listen to alternative/Grunge( yes Grunge), techno, country and the occasional oldies. Oldies mainly when doing artwork, it's very influencing.
Oh yeah and my more recent "hair band" that I listen to at the moment is " The Darkness"!!! OMG if I am every in a bad mood I just put that cd on and I am perfectly happy :rolleyes: . I think it's the whole "rock star man" running around in a purple body suit with a strange monster chasing him. Oh the good o'l days of messed up music videos.

GarterGuy
12-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Hmmmmm....I tend to go for the darker, harder stuff myself. Metallica, Godsmack, Disturbed, Carfax Abbey, HateBreed, MarilynManson, NIN, MushroomHead, Static-X, Seether, Orgy, Deftones, Linkin Park....also like a lot of the 80's stuff like Billy Idol, Cure, DepcheMode, ect. I like music with a lot of emotion in it!:D

abcat1993
12-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Speaking of older music, it's hard to beat Louis Armstrong, James Brown, BB King, Otis Redding, Ray Charles, or Sam Cooke.

I listen to classical music the most
There's also room in my world for Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Van Halen, Godsmack, Rammstein, Three Doors Down, White Zombie, Tool, and P.O.D. among others.
Rick
I like this thread, although, I really don't see how classical music + Godsmack + Van Halen + POD = anybody. They're practically the complete opposites. But I do like a wide range of music (only forty years though, not 300). PINK FLOYD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's my favorite band. I wish my dad bought those tickets, oh well, The Wall is good enough. I listen to it every car ride. But other than that I like 80's and Red Hot chili peppers.

KITKAT
12-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Everything...!

My favorites are George Strait and other country, Kansas and other classic rock, Tschaikowsky and other symphonic.:cool:

The genre that I listen to the least is Rap. I can't get past the way women are insulted by rap lyrics.:mad:

Maybe this makes me look like a diletanist (probably spelled that wrong)... :rolleyes:

Lee
12-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Rap music... Don't hate!@ lol

Cazador
12-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Okay, I'm being totally sincere... are there any rap songs that will probably become "classics" and will be enjoyed 10-20 years from now? What are they? I'm looking for songs that might persuade a non-rap fan that rap music has merit.
Rick

Lee
12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
I'd say some of eminems songs, like lose yourself. But really, we have no idea of whats going to be a classic until we get there, then we'll know ;)

Cazador
12-20-2006, 03:56 PM
With a big, nostalgic smile, I'd say that whenever Van Halen released a new album in the mid-80s, you knew it was gonna have classics. Rap's been around for a decade or more, so I'd think that some "oldies" would have stood out by now. Is "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc a rap song? Maybe that counts? Brittany, maybe you could chime in here?

Lee
12-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Never heard the song I live under a rock and listen to more recent rap. Young jeezy, T.I. etc.

Stefan-A
12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Okay, I'm being totally sincere... are there any rap songs that will probably become "classics" and will be enjoyed 10-20 years from now? What are they? I'm looking for songs that might persuade a non-rap fan that rap music has merit.
Rick
I'm not a rap fan and I don't know much about the genre, but there are a few songs even I can listen to.

The most obvious "classic" would be Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back, made just 14 years ago. I'm not saying that you would automatically like it, though. ;) I guess a few old school songs could be considered classics, too.

abcat1993
12-20-2006, 05:36 PM
How about "U Can't touch this" by MC Hammer? Is that really rap though? it's like rock/rap.
By the way I h8 all rap

Lee
12-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Id say thats a rap song, and yea its a classic I'd say, not really a good song, just used all the time =)

Thamnophis
12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I agree with Lee that some songs of Eminem are timeless and will become "classics".

Cazador
12-22-2006, 01:54 PM
I'll put Eminem on my "must listen to one of these days" list. Thanks, and does he have a particular album that stands out?

Elliot
12-22-2006, 10:43 PM
I like a lot of music, from metal to bluegrass. ( I know huge difference :p )

Lee
12-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Hi, cazador, he has some good ones out there, I'd recommend getting curtain call, its got some of his better songs. It's kind of like, " the best of " type of CD.

Cazador
12-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Schweet! Thanks for the advise.
Rick

ClosedCasket88
12-24-2006, 01:45 PM
yeahhh alliot
same here metal to bluegrass
old funk, jazz ,blues, classic rock some rap is good most of it is made electronicly , involves no talent and is anoyying but some catches my ear. i also like classical music , bethoven , bach , motzart n **** . no one has ever yet to come up with crazy **** like they have yet since there time/era .

now i mainly listen to jam bands (grateful dead , phish , allman brothers etc.) and some good ole metal
death has to be my faorite metal band as well as others like morbid angel,deicide , children of bodom , obituary and such , dream theater is good as well maybee some of you folk heard of them

besides that i dont know much people or expect alota people on here to listen to whu i listen to .
im also a drummer wich is why i listen to evry type of genre alsmost . gotta expand your abilitys .
my band closed casket actualy played a show last night at the rusty nail, a big local bar wich alota famous bands started out from . we had tonsa people come out surprisingly . this was a reunion show we got back together , first show in a year and we tore it up , made some dough, free dirnks all night. got to see lotsa old friends n such . good times

any grateful dead listeners ? lota people have the wrong idea bout these guys by calling them hippie music . there simply classic rock as well as allman brothers band and boston and kansas and stuff just differently lidfestyled people, thats all. great music nonetheless

Lee
12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
yeahhh alliot
same here metal to bluegrass
old funk, jazz ,blues, classic rock some rap is good most of it is made electronicly , involves no talent and is anoyying but some catches my ear. i also like classical music , bethoven , bach , motzart n **** . no one has ever yet to come up with crazy **** like they have yet since there time/era .

now i mainly listen to jam bands (grateful dead , phish , allman brothers etc.) and some good ole metal
death has to be my faorite metal band as well as others like morbid angel,deicide , children of bodom , obituary and such , dream theater is good as well maybee some of you folk heard of them

besides that i dont know much people or expect alota people on here to listen to whu i listen to .
im also a drummer wich is why i listen to evry type of genre alsmost . gotta expand your abilitys .
my band closed casket actualy played a show last night at the rusty nail, a big local bar wich alota famous bands started out from . we had tonsa people come out surprisingly . this was a reunion show we got back together , first show in a year and we tore it up , made some dough, free dirnks all night. got to see lotsa old friends n such . good times

any grateful dead listeners ? lota people have the wrong idea bout these guys by calling them hippie music . there simply classic rock as well as allman brothers band and boston and kansas and stuff just differently lidfestyled people, thats all. great music nonetheless
Learn about rap plz, thx.

ClosedCasket88
12-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Learn about rap plz, thx.

learn about rap , ok ?
gimme your email , i will emailyou some side projects of mine . and tell me i dont know about rap . i dont like electronicly made stuff , when you can push a ****in button to make music thats rediculous . weres the art of music at there? now throw on some roots or something and maybe ill agree with you , there right there u got some prfessional instrumentalists not just vocalists and DJ's . there can break out some jazz n blues that will mess your day up .
evrybodys got there preference and mine is bands that make there music themselves and dont buy beats of a DJ that never gets much credit anyways and the rapper just makes tonsa money for free .
dont wanta argue about it but evryones got tehre own opinions theres mine, i can go on for hours
i make drum beats fir a 38 old rapper thats rapped with plenty of bignamed ganstas you can name . ive done drums for many types of peoples . dont tell em i dont know about rap.
besides i live in the middle of the hood

El Nino
12-26-2006, 08:10 PM
The Pixies, Ludacris, Patsy Cline, Nina Simone, David Bowie, Joy Division, Public Enemy, Deftones,The Clash, Prince, Rolling Stones, Black Eyed Peas, Franz Ferdinand, M.I.A., 36 Mafia, Chris Isaac, Interpol, Sublime, Fleetwood Mac, Citizen Cope,Elton John, The Ramones, most Drum and Bass.......

ClosedCasket88
12-27-2006, 10:27 AM
The Pixies, Ludacris, Patsy Cline, Nina Simone, David Bowie, Joy Division, Public Enemy, Deftones,The Clash, Prince, Rolling Stones, Black Eyed Peas, Franz Ferdinand, M.I.A., 36 Mafia, Chris Isaac, Interpol, Sublime, Fleetwood Mac, Citizen Cope,Elton John, The Ramones, most Drum and Bass.......

there u go el nino, finaly someone listens to a variety of tunes .good shlt

Stefan-A
12-27-2006, 10:44 AM
..are also on my playlist. :)

Thamnophis
12-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/images/green/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/general-talk/262-what-music-do-you-like-post2545.html#post2545)

..are also on my playlist. :)
:)

I agree with those that you made bold. :)

abcat1993
12-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I can agree with some of them although I'm starting to like more 80's stuff (Bon Jovi, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Scorpions, etc)

Elliot
12-28-2006, 09:05 PM
I forgot to list some of my favorites, for metal: As I Lay Dying, At The Gates, Bullet For My Valentine, Atreyu, Annihilator, Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, Slayer then for other stuff like punk, alternative, etc. I like : ZZ Top, Pink Floyd, Forienger, The Misfits, Killradio, Led Zepplin, Billy Talent, Avenged Sevenfold, The Vandals, Rob Zombie and that's all I can think of right now lol

Lee
12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
learn about rap , ok ?
gimme your email , i will emailyou some side projects of mine . and tell me i dont know about rap . i dont like electronicly made stuff , when you can push a ****in button to make music thats rediculous . weres the art of music at there? now throw on some roots or something and maybe ill agree with you , there right there u got some prfessional instrumentalists not just vocalists and DJ's . there can break out some jazz n blues that will mess your day up .
evrybodys got there preference and mine is bands that make there music themselves and dont buy beats of a DJ that never gets much credit anyways and the rapper just makes tonsa money for free .
dont wanta argue about it but evryones got tehre own opinions theres mine, i can go on for hours
i make drum beats fir a 38 old rapper thats rapped with plenty of bignamed ganstas you can name . ive done drums for many types of peoples . dont tell em i dont know about rap.
besides i live in the middle of the hood
" k "
Lets leave it there, I don't give random people my email either...

ClosedCasket88
12-29-2006, 08:14 PM
well just reconsider it nextime u tell an experianced musician to learn about his music . no hard feelings

happy new year evryone
drink up

Thamnophis
12-30-2006, 07:47 PM
I have just "received" the album LOVE from the Beatles.

Love what George Martin (and son) has done with it.

http://www.musicmeter.nl/images/covers/61000/61121.jpg

Lee
01-02-2007, 12:43 AM
well just reconsider it nextime u tell an experianced musician to learn about his music . no hard feelings

happy new year evryone
drink up
-_-;; lol, thats your opinion, nothing else. I'm a newer member here and I don't know how sensative you all are.. I dropped the subject because I knew what I would say would get me suspended/banned or you would become very offended and leave. Or both. There are certain places I will go into this with, others I won't. This is an area I wont. I've said thing to make even the most dedicated people on the forum leave. and I don't feel like going there, I told you to learn about music, and the " k " was sarcastic, just to get you to drop it, which you don't want to do.

Cazador
01-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Where do I go to download music online? I would just play it on my home computer and maybe make a CD. Is I-tunes the best spot? I've already mentioned that I prefer gangsta rap (I mean classical), but I'd like to download some of the Eminem recommendations. Do you use a credit card to pay for each song you want, or do you have to subscribe and get a membership?
Rick

Elliot
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I believe its moer of a membership with a monthly bill? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

abcat1993
01-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Where do I go to download music online? I would just play it on my home computer and maybe make a CD. Is I-tunes the best spot? I've already mentioned that I prefer gangsta rap (I mean classical), but I'd like to download some of the Eminem recommendations. Do you use a credit card to pay for each song you want, or do you have to subscribe and get a membership?
Rick
iTunes is only worth downloading from unless you have an iPod. I was downloading from musicmatch but I got an ipod. Plus, I couldn't seem to find the right download spot for it for my laptop (which I just reformatted), so I would have to download it onto the desktop.
And you do have to make an account with both of those, pay with your credit card, and/or buy a gift card for yourself. Or you can always go Illegal and use Kazzaa (I have no clue how to spell it or if it's still working).

Stefan-A
01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Kazaa still works, but I don't use it anymore (too few users). SoulSeek is pretty ok for downloading music.

ssssnakeluvr
01-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I have been downloading with limewire....

abcat1993
01-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Maybe this should have been a poll.

Elliot
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Limewire is definatley the best if you don't think you'll get caught.

El Nino
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree...I used to use 360 share (got about 150 or so tunes off there, but it doesn't work anymore).

BTW, I forgot to include so many artists on my initial list, It ain't even funny.

Props to Radiohead/Thom York, Queen, AC/DC, Bjork, Common Market, and a host that I still can't remember.

Cazador
01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I downloaded from Kazaa a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure I downloaded a virus as well from that site. I haven't used it in a long time since people were starting to get busted for using it. It sounds like musicmatch might be the best place to go if I want to buy a song to play on the PC (not ipod)?
Rick

Thamnophis
01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I download from a Russian site. There you will have to pay for the music.
About 0.10 $ for one song.
You can find complete albums there. Works fine for me.
You need a credit card.
For who is interested in the url, pm me.
Further I use limewire.

Markus18
01-03-2007, 09:52 AM
@cazador!

you need bearshare lite version 5.2.5

i found there everything what i searched!

Lee
01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I have napster, 15$ unlimited songs. I downloaded like 15 CDS already and many songs.. I don't recommend illegal things, as most aren't just good..

abcat1993
01-03-2007, 10:55 AM
I used Kaazaa for a while and nothing happened, although that was right before they made it illegal

Boots
01-04-2007, 10:25 AM
(cough) IRC (cough) or (cough) bittorrent (cough) :)

Downloading is legal in Canada due to the fact that they added taxes on anything that can record. Which means every time I make a backup for the forum I am supporting the recording industry.

Jason

Snaky
01-04-2007, 11:22 AM
IRC if you're familiar with it, bittorrent is very easy. But you need to download whole cd's most of the time, a hell ;)

Stefan-A
01-04-2007, 11:36 AM
(cough) IRC (cough) or (cough) bittorrent (cough) :)

Downloading is legal in Canada due to the fact that they added taxes on anything that can record. Which means every time I make a backup for the forum I am supporting the recording industry.

Jason
BitTorrent ftw :D

They did the same thing here, but they still made it illegal a couple years later. Now nobody gives a crap if it is illegal or not. Not even the authorities.

abcat1993
01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
The only people that get caught are the people that download thousands of dollars worth of things (2000 songs, for example). And still not that many people do

Boots
01-04-2007, 11:43 AM
... bittorrent is very easy. But you need to download whole cd's most of the time, a hell ;)

Depends on the client. Azureus lets you pick and choose which files to download. Unless the file is in a zipped or rar archive.

Jason

Stefan-A
01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
The only people that get caught are the people that download thousands of dollars worth of things (2000 songs, for example). And still not that many people do
Over here it's just the ones that upload dozens or hundreds of gigabytes worth weekly that are at any risk of being prosecuted. They don't have the resources to go after downloaders yet.

abcat1993
01-04-2007, 01:10 PM
That actually does seem to me like it would be more effective, since that would stop most people from uploading. Unless they can't track people that uploaded a while ago.

Stefan-A
01-04-2007, 02:14 PM
I agree, it would seem more effective. But I'm not quite sure that the top uploaders could be responsible for most of the uploaded material. Especially considering that bandwidth is limited, it would make sense that they'd just represent the tip of the iceberg.

abcat1993
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, I just downloaded some good songs. They are: "How to Save a Life" by The Fray, "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals, "Gonna Fly Now (I just saw Rocky Balboa two days ago) by Bill Conti, "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, "More Than a Feeling" and "Peace of Mind" by Boston.

Elliot
01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Cool I just got a new Killswitch Engage CD!! lol :D

Snaky
01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
I agree, it would seem more effective. But I'm not quite sure that the top uploaders could be responsible for most of the uploaded material. Especially considering that bandwidth is limited, it would make sense that they'd just represent the tip of the iceberg.
All the new programs ( take bittorrent ) use the fact that so many people are online and that everybody can share a little bit of his bandwith. I'm sure, the top uploaders share a lot, but taking them on will not solve anything.

Also in my eyes the industry always tells about all the loss they have on music, movies, ... that's downloaded, which is only half the truth. If I like something, I buy it. I just wait till the price drops enough so that it's affordable (25 €/dvd is a ripoff in my eyes). And it's not everything that you download that you would buy. I even had movies I got from a friend that I liked so much that I bought them afterwards, but I'm quite certain that I wouldn't have seen the movies if somebody hadn't given them to me. Just because the movie didn't really appeal to me when I read the content.

edit: Otherwise I'd just be offtopic as hell. Just bought the best of faithless, a very good cd... Just the kind off music I like to go out on. I think quite some drivers think I'm nuts if I turn up the volume in my car :D

Stefan-A
01-06-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd like to remind the industry of my loss every time I buy a movie that turns out to be a disappointment. I guess they think it's supposed to be illegal to know what you're investing in.

The three last CDs I bought, not counting gifts and Christmas presents, were all Rammstein (Mutter, Reise Reise, Rosenrot).

Elliot
01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Rammstein is cool, I can't understand it but I like it. I usually listen to heavier stuff though.

Stefan-A
01-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Don't know if you're familiar with this site, but here it comes anyway:

Rammstein Lyrics and Translations | Herzeleid.com | The number one source for Rammstein (http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics)

Their songs seem to contain a whole lot of puns. :)

Boots
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I have to agree that the music industry is going about it the wrong way with suing people. You would have thought they would have learned from the movie industry. Must be 30 years ago now, the movie industry sued the makers of the VCR since it allowed people to copy their movies. They were fine with the VCR itself, just not the record feature. Well they lost the lawsuit and now make most of their money from the sale of DVD's. They were forced to change their business model to change with the times and now the music industry would rather sue then change with the times.

Hopefully they figure it out soon.

Jason

Elliot
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't know if you're familiar with this site, but here it comes anyway:

Rammstein Lyrics and Translations | Herzeleid.com | The number one source for Rammstein (http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics)

Their songs seem to contain a whole lot of puns. :)

Thanks! I'll try it out.

sschind
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
I haven't listened to much music in the last 8 years or so but my favorite groups include Styx, Foreigner, Journey, Queen

I like a lot of late 60's and 70's stuff

I mostly listened to country from about 1985 until I stopped listening and some of my favorites there were Clint Black, Blackhawk, Shania Twain, and Billy Ray Cyrus (except achy breaky heart, That is one of my all time hated songs. I liked a lot of his other ones though)

I have 6 CDs in my collection right now, and I do listen to them occasionally.

They are

The Best of the Best of Merle Haggard
Don Williams His 20 greatest hits
America Remembers Johny Horton
Neil Diamonds 12 greatest hits
ABBA Gold greatest hits
and (I'll bet no one else has this one)
Hee Haw Gospel Quartet ( I loved Hee Haw and I love the harmonies these guys have. That's one of the reasons I liked the group Blackhawk as well.

Elliot
01-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Foreigner is one of my favorite classic rock bands, I listen to them all the time.

ClosedCasket88
01-09-2007, 07:23 AM
elliot .
i bootlegged a foriegner show this summer . im gonna figure out hoqw to put it up on a downloadable site n perhaps u can checl it out

Elliot
01-09-2007, 04:13 PM
elliot .
i bootlegged a foriegner show this summer . im gonna figure out hoqw to put it up on a downloadable site n perhaps u can checl it out

lol ok I'll try it out if you do.

greyhawk
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I like mostly Scandanavian melodic metal and folk metal. Children of Bodom, Ensiferum, Sonanta Arctica, Finntroll, Windir, Nightwish, Equilibrium, In Flames, Eluveitie, Norther, Skyfire.

Anyone heard of any of them, I know some of you Finns must have..?

ClosedCasket88
02-08-2007, 10:40 PM
hey thamnophis
you just nailed most of my fav bands

# Frank Zappa !!!
# Deep Purple
# Pink Floyd
# Steve Vai
# Joe Satriani
yessssss. you just earned your self much more respect than i already had for you. i would not expect anyone one this site to realy have them as old time favs. good stuff my friend

and cazador .......bob sieger, clapton and my fav of all time TOOL.
excellent choices my friend

does anyone have a myspace page? i know lots of you folks are a bit grown up for that stuff .but why not ask

hjelte
02-09-2007, 03:20 AM
I like mostly Scandanavian melodic metal and folk metal. Children of Bodom, Ensiferum, Sonanta Arctica, Finntroll, Windir, Nightwish, Equilibrium, In Flames, Eluveitie, Norther, Skyfire.

Anyone heard of any of them, I know some of you Finns must have..?
I´ve heard of ém all for sure. I´ve seen In Flames live 4 times now. The other bands aren´t really my coup of tea to be honest with you. American metal is so much better!

ClosedCasket88
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
children of bodom are awesome . one of my fav euro metal bands .im not to into in flames, there music is incredibly talented and there drummers sick but the dinging always threw me off . jus my opinion .

PLEASE!!!!!check out my bands if you guys are into metal or any type of rock

go here for both my bands, im in a few other side projects and such that i currently dont have a webpage for .

this is my realy heavy band , you older folk def wouldnt like .
www.myspace.com/closedcasket88 (http://www.myspace.com/closedcasket88)
listen to strangulation, and lies beneth us rise for a instrumental song

this band is more melodic metal but still with heavy vocals
www.myspace.com/ashesofdecadence (http://www.myspace.com/ashesofdecadence)

(our singersucks,sorry) listen to IN BETWEEN , the best part is from half way through to the end,very intense.

keep in mind there old basement recordings from like 4 years ago , we were also young kids then

jompiej
02-09-2007, 03:14 PM
most of the time I listen to linkin park, red hot chilli peppers and that kind of music :D

Elliot
02-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Childeren of Bodom is a good band.

Elliot
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
children of bodom are awesome . one of my fav euro metal bands .im not to into in flames, there music is incredibly talented and there drummers sick but the dinging always threw me off . jus my opinion .

go here for both my bands, im in a few other side projects and such that i currently dont have a webpage for .

MySpace.com (http://www.myspace.com/ashesofdecadence)

(our singersucks,sorry) listen to IN BETWEEN , the best part is from half way through to the end,very intense.

keep in mind there old basement recordings from like 4 years ago , we were also young kids then

Your bands sound good.

Thamnophis
02-09-2007, 07:11 PM
hey thamnophis
you just nailed most of my fav bands

# Frank Zappa !!!
# Deep Purple
# Pink Floyd
# Steve Vai
# Joe Satriani
yessssss. you just earned your self much more respect than i already had for you. i would not expect anyone one this site to realy have them as old time favs. good stuff my friend

I have to say that you have a good taste!!!! :D

I miss Mr. Zappa. :(

abcat1993
02-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Somebody I know is friends with everybody in Children of Bodom.

ClosedCasket88
02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
realy? hook it up man
i havnt been to a show besides my own bands in awhile
tell em ill carry the cowbell in ,lol

hjelte
02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Ok cool, will do. Be sure to check out my one-off project on myspace as well.
myspace.com/011metal.
80´s style thrash metal. I play all guitars and bass.

Well what do you know, garter-keepers as well as metal-heads. ;)

keep in mind there old basement recordings from like 4 years ago , we were also young kids then[/quote]

ClosedCasket88
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
hell yeah man, good stuff i like the guitar work, classic trash sound .
alot people at the shows i go to always rock metal shirts n stuff .
i guess metal n reptiles go hand n hand

Ok cool, will do. Be sure to check out my one-off project on myspace as well.
myspace.com/011metal.
80´s style thrash metal. I play all guitars and bass.

Well what do you know, garter-keepers as well as metal-heads. ;)

keep in mind there old basement recordings from like 4 years ago , we were also young kids then[/quote]

ssssnakeluvr
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
metal, reptiles....and tattoos....lol!!!! :D

ClosedCasket88
02-12-2007, 07:12 PM
hell yeah
now thats what im talkin bout

greyhawk
02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I´ve heard of ém all for sure. I´ve seen In Flames live 4 times now. The other bands aren´t really my coup of tea to be honest with you. American metal is so much better!

Hah, I think its funny, how here in America most metalheads and such want to be a Scandanavian viking and what not, and over there, a lot of you guys seem to be all into American stuff. There are definetly great American bands, but I personally like the European folk metal scene and the things of that sort.

Man, I never thought I'd meet metalheads on a garter snake forum hah.

Here's my band, worst recording in the history of recording, since it was done in an attic in 3 days. But ya, try to imagine how it would sound if the intruments were in-tune as well.

myspace.com/nokcerosm

hjelte
02-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Hah, I think its funny, how here in America most metalheads and such want to be a Scandanavian viking and what not, and over there, a lot of you guys seem to be all into American stuff. There are definetly great American bands, but I personally like the European folk metal scene and the things of that sort.

Man, I never thought I'd meet metalheads on a garter snake forum hah.

Here's my band, worst recording in the history of recording, since it was done in an attic in 3 days. But ya, try to imagine how it would sound if the intruments were in-tune as well.

myspace.com/nokcerosm

Agreed. I read all the guitarplayer mags, and every issue has like a "viking metal" theme and the latest on Naglfar and Amon Amarth and what not. Me personally I find that musik quite hillarious, and I prefer listening to the oldschool U.S metal bands like Armored Saint and the thrash stuff like Forbidden and Exodus etc... but hey, we´re all different. I think it´s positive as long as people get into music. Stay metal!!

Stefan-A
02-13-2007, 03:28 AM
I have to admit I can't really bring myself to listen to "viking metal". The lyrics are too embarrassing. In general, I have a problem with themes the bands aren't really familiar with.

hjelte
02-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Agreed. I read all the guitarplayer mags, and every issue has like a "viking metal" theme and the latest on Naglfar and Amon Amarth and what not. Me personally I find that musik quite hillarious, and I prefer listening to the oldschool U.S metal bands like Armored Saint and the thrash stuff like Forbidden and Exodus etc... but hey, we´re all different. I think it´s positive as long as people get into music. Stay metal!!

yeah, and music is spelled with c, I know;) I´m at work so its hard separating swedish from english while talking to customers. :cool:

greyhawk
02-13-2007, 09:38 AM
I have to admit I can't really bring myself to listen to "viking metal". The lyrics are too embarrassing. In general, I have a problem with themes the bands aren't really familiar with.

Hah ya, I'm not gonna lie, a lot of the lyrics are hilarious. You know whos awesome/hilarious...Turisas...they play concerts half naked and their only clothing is the skins of dead animals or something hah, but their music is sweet. Check them out if you don't know them.

Also, check out my friends band, powerglove, just search them on myspace or something. Even if you people don't all listen to metal you might like them, they make nintendo songs metal, all intrumental too.

ClosedCasket88
02-13-2007, 12:09 PM
EVRYONECHECK THESE GUYS OUT
this is a side band of 2 dudes in other bands, this is what musical chemisty is my friends , it sounds so perfect and dreamlike.very good relaxin music
any one dig it ?

www.myspace.com/indicatrichomeproject (http://www.myspace.com/indicatrichomeproject)

Elliot
02-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Thats pretty good stuff.

ClosedCasket88
02-28-2007, 05:51 PM
YouTube - Ryan Fitzgerald Freestyle Drum jam/solo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKdLr_IHI-4)

and this would be me , playing my beauty's

adamanteus
02-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow!! That's good, you're good. Can you play "I Did It My Way"?:D

ClosedCasket88
03-01-2007, 12:01 AM
and who would that be from?

Cazador
03-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Frank Sinatra, I think :D.

Gijs & Sabine
03-01-2007, 07:11 AM
WOW, you're very very good, Ryan:eek: I will show your video to my brother, he'll absolutely love it as well, he also plays the drums.

Maybe you can put more of your plays on you tube?:rolleyes:

Sabine

drache
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM
I like a lot of African and Eastern Fusion, plus "new grass", certain kinds of Jazz, some Soul/funk, and I still listen to Zappa, old motown and other stuff that dates me - classical to sometimes and even Broadway show tunes occasionally (love that song "Agony" from "Into the Woods")

Thamnophis
03-01-2007, 10:12 AM
You're good in hitting those drums, Ryan. :D

I liked what i saw/heard.

ClosedCasket88
03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
thanx folks
i listen to all kinsda stuff from the grateful dead/phish, frank zappa, john coltrane, miles david, buddy rich, Rush ,dreamtheater , all kindsa metal and all that sick music , raggae,(BOB MARLEY),funk, motown, soul, orchestral music is good, i love bethoven and a few others ,some bluegrassand instrumental banjo music is insanly talentedand catchs my ears sometimes,also bands like Primus and Tool wich have there own category , and anytype of tribal , latin percussion music floats my boat as well, and you cant forgt my old favs like bad company , edgar winter group, queen, boston, chicago , CSNY, yes, steely dan , i could go on foreever

drache
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Ryan, man, you are amazing!
You know, I looked at it at work and I have to tell you - it was totally boring without the sound.
At home, with the sound, I'm blown away.
Thanks

abcat1993
03-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Who likes Metallica? I can't get the Unforgiven II out of my head.

ClosedCasket88
03-28-2007, 07:51 PM
its all about old metallica , anything from the black album and on dont phase me too much , there new stuff is just rediculous

abcat1993
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
In my opinion that's their best album. Their first album was terrible because his voice was inexperienced and weird (weird as in normal I guess). I just bought Reload. And now I have Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit stuck in my head. I really have to stop downloading good songs :p

ClosedCasket88
03-28-2007, 08:55 PM
i hate lars, besides that,i give respect
did u know they tryed copy righting the E chord?
what kinda messed up nazi stuff is that ? the E chord is a natural sound made naturaly just like any kinda sound from a instrument,how can u copyright and patent it ? guitars and music were around b4 they were all born

abcat1993
03-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow, they must have been pretty high then. :p

ClosedCasket88
03-29-2007, 08:52 AM
na, theyquit drinking and started making horrible soulless heartless music and had nothing to make money off of "gee what if someone has to pay us evrytime they hit the E chord?"hahahaha still makes me laugh to this day
metallica rules though
you shuold get the album "..and justice for all"
probly my fav
right b4 the black album but doesnt have that oldschool thrashy trash sound. and thats when they started recording the drums and evrything more chunky n heavyer sounding.
im gonna go put it on now actualy :D

Gyre
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Anyone heard of They Might be Giants?

Thamnophis
03-29-2007, 11:05 AM
I know them from the seventies, I think.
Haven't heard music of them in many years.
Did not know they still existed.
Is a duo, I thought.

abcat1993
03-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, when I watched cartoon network (a long, long time ago) they had "music videos" from them a lot.

drache
03-29-2007, 05:49 PM
listening to the "Banana" album - Velvet Underground & Nico
you know how certain albums have the flavor of a time in one's life?
this is one of those

adamanteus
03-29-2007, 05:58 PM

I can relate to that! Genesis - Trick of the Tail. George Michael - Older. Gabriel - Rise. Nickleback - Silver Side Up. So many, so diverse.

abcat1993
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
WHY can't iTunes or Musicmatch get Bob Seger. I REALLY want "Turn the Page" now that I finally know what it's called thanks to Metallica's redo (comparatively crappy)

VS7
04-01-2007, 06:31 AM
listening to the "Banana" album - Velvet Underground & Nico
this is one of those

I think Velvet Underground might be my favorite band right now. It changes a lot. I actually have a Andy Warhol banana hobo bag. I had to pay a pretty penny for it on Ebay but it's worth it. Lou Reed is the man! :rolleyes:

ClosedCasket88
04-01-2007, 09:00 AM
ok if anyone likes guitar or calm serene melodic sounding music check this dude out . hes also the most sickest guitar player ive ever seen
YouTube - Andy Mckee - Guitar - Drifting - www.candyrat.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4&mode=related&search)=

YouTube - Andy Mckee - Art of Motion - Guitar - www.candyrat.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmE3QaGetn4)

adamanteus
04-01-2007, 10:33 AM
WOW!! That is fantastic! What an unconventional playing style too. I'm blown away. I love acoustic guitar, until now I thought I could play a little...Obviously I can't. I got to find an Andy McKee album.

GarterGirl
04-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I like rock. I especially like the Beatles. My favorite singer is Annie Lenox.

GarterGirl
04-01-2007, 10:58 AM
OH MY GOD! That is some good music you found, Ryan! I wish I had the album myself!

abcat1993
04-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Woah, that's truly amazing, although personally I'd prefer Metallica, Ozzy (I think his bands name is Blizzard of Ozz), Rush, AC/DC, or any other great electric guitarists.

Thamnophis
04-05-2007, 03:54 AM
That Andy McKee is very good! I love it. Thanks for sharing this.

In this moment I have put a lot of Zappa music on my ipod.

krystalirelan@southslope.
04-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I like the Violent Femmnes, Blind Mlon and Jane's Addiction but have lost the cd's(I think my hubby may have something to do with that). I find myself in a new job with time to listen on my hands and i seem to listen to Meatloaf, Jimmy Buffet and Macthbox 20.

Deadlyvenom
04-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I am a metalhead... Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Moonsorrow, Wintersun, Darkthrone and so on, mostly BM. Can't wait for the Tuska Open Air, especially Emperor. I just watched them performing "Inno a Satana" in youtube, it really kicked ***.

adamanteus
04-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi Paullina, and welcome to the forum:) . Why not post a thread in the "Welcome Lounge" to introduce yourself? What snakes are you keeping at the moment?

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we all do.:D

Pinky
04-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I like a mixture of music but mostly Hip Hop and R&B :)

charles parenteau
04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I' m 28 years old,so I listen more hardcore ,metal,punk such as cr0-mags-old metallica-suicidal tendencies -madball...

Thamnophis
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
This moment I am listening to Black napkins (The Deathless Horsie) from Frank Zappa. From a Halloween album.

Absolutely fabulous...

adamanteus
04-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Just now I'm listening to Fallout Boy (this ain't a scene...) while I'm driving, Mozart (a musical joke) while I'm eating, and Norah Jones or Eva Cassidy when I'm just chilling out!

ClosedCasket88
04-26-2007, 08:00 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSS ,BLACK NAPKINS, LOVE IT

This moment I am listening to Black napkins (The Deathless Horsie) from Frank Zappa. From a Halloween album.

Absolutely fabulous...

ClosedCasket88
04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Tool tears it up rick, good choice, one of my fav

I listen to classical music the most, though. My favorite composers are Vivaldi, Mozart, Gustav Holst, Rimsky Korsakov, and Tchaikovsky. It amazes me that some of this music is 200-300 years old!

As for the most beautiful voice, it's hard to choose between Luciano Pavorati when he sings Nessun Dorma and/or Elucevan le stelle and Maria Callas when she sings from the Marriage of Figaro.

Rick

Markus18
04-28-2007, 09:32 AM
the soundtracks of the godzilla movies are everytime nice!
but no the new godzilla movie!

Volksdragon
04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Right now I'm listening to "Where is the Love?" by the Black Eyed Peas.

My music preferences vary greatly, you'll find me sometimes listening to Country, R&B, Rock, Metal, Opera, Dance, and even some Disco. It's not really a matter of what genre I like. If I like the song, I'll listen to it.

FitnessFreak
04-28-2007, 12:01 PM
NICE!!! i play guitar about 3 hours a day, and i absolutely love vai and satch!
i know these songs :
cryin'
always with you always with me
the extremist
starry night
for the love of god(vai)
rubina
summer song

his music is so amazing!

I am an enormous music-lover and cannot imagine to live without it.

Some of my (old) favorites...

# Frank Zappa !!!
# Deep Purple
# Pink Floyd
# Steve Vai
# Joe Satriani

Stefan-A
04-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Currently listening to The Misfits - Astro Zombies

Jumped to Neil Young - Southern Man while I was writing this. :)

Cazador
04-28-2007, 01:43 PM
It's not really a matter of what genre I like. If I like the song, I'll listen to it.

Well said, Vondell. I couldn't agree more!

Rick

Thamnophis
04-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Well said, Vondell. I couldn't agree more!

Rick

I agree with that too.
If a song is good it is good.

On my Ipod, biking to my job, I listen the last days to old Wishbone Ash music. From the late seventies. Still great guitarplay.
Saw them last year two times live in our country. Great band!!!

Stefan-A
04-29-2007, 01:14 AM
I don't think there are that many that disagree, that the genre is holds no relevance, as long as the song is appealing. :)

Winamp jumped from Scooter - Rebel Yell to Beth Hart - LA Song while I was writing this and I see the next song will be Motörhead - Eat The Rich. I just love the shuffle function. :D

ClosedCasket88
04-30-2007, 07:46 AM
yo fitness freak , you should start a band with me holmes.
so u can play satriani? and vai?
do you like dream theater

NICE!!! i play guitar about 3 hours a day, and i absolutely love vai and satch!
i know these songs :
cryin'
always with you always with me
the extremist
starry night
for the love of god(vai)
rubina
summer song

his music is so amazing!

Thamnophis
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Today I have been biking with the music of Muse on the Ipod.
Very nice band.

adamanteus
05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Today, whilst driving (the only chance I get to enjoy my music) I was listening to Alice Cooper, "Hey Stoopid"....you have to be in the right mood! Right now I'm listening to Steve Earle, "Guitar Town". Excellent!

Stefan-A
05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I always have either music or videos playing when I'm using my computer. Nothing has ever been diagnosed, but I sort of feel a need to concentrate on several things at the same time. :)

PhelsumaTort
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
any indie fans?

Like Pavement, Of Montreal, My Morning Jacket, etc.

drache
05-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I just remembered we have this thread

check this out:
MySpace Videos: Four Year Old Drummer! by Stephen Suavemente (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1225012132)

Stefan-A
05-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Very good, especially for his age. :)

Anybody here familiar with Tony Royster Jr.? ;)
YouTube - Amazing Kid Drummer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QveJiCZLCDA)

Josh
07-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Well i like
Led zeplin
Plain white tees
Red hot chilli peppers
and wolfmother

Lulu Bennett
07-25-2007, 05:45 AM
i like music from snoop, queen, pink, beatles, the mokeys, backstreet boys:p....... and the list goes on...:D

Lee
07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
YouTube - Smitty ft. Robin Thicke - I (Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YR9yaPP1-FI)
Dang good song..

abcat1993
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
-The Offspring
-Pink Floyd
-Guns n' Roses
-White Stripes

CrazyHedgehog
08-14-2007, 03:12 PM
i like music from snoop, queen, pink, beatles, the mokeys, backstreet boys:p....... and the list goes on...:D

I was with you right up until the 'backstreet boys' I mean comon! mentioned in the same sentance as Snoop...the horror! :D

Lulu Bennett
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
oiy!! backstreet boys are just classic! :D oh and Nick Carter is just like soooo hot!

CrazyHedgehog
08-14-2007, 03:15 PM
oiy!! backstreet boys are just classic! :D oh and Nick Carter is just like soooo hot!

Who is Nick Carter?

Serpentine99
08-14-2007, 03:51 PM
To Best describe him, an in the closet gay pop singer.

Lulu Bennett
08-15-2007, 07:03 AM
tall blond and hansome lol he dated paris hilton at one point and his little brother -aaron carter- was a 1 hit wonder.

CrazyHedgehog
08-15-2007, 10:48 AM
i looked him up.eerrrr well I like my men..well a bit more manly!!!:o

adamanteus
08-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Do you like bald guys, Inge?:rolleyes:

enigma200316
08-15-2007, 11:27 AM
now James where are you going with this......:D

Elliot
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM

James has no game.:rolleyes:

ssssnakeluvr
08-15-2007, 05:06 PM
nothing wrong with bald guys!! LOL :eek:

adamanteus
08-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Absolutely, Don. Grass doesn't grow on a busy highway!:D

drache
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I just had this image of you, James, with teeny tiny coloured cars zipping all over your head

adamanteus
08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
That would explain the headaches!

ssssnakeluvr
08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
LOL!! That's funny!!!! I was wondering what that buzzing sound was..thought it was mosquitos...lol!!!

Elliot
08-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Wow. :rolleyes:

CrazyHedgehog
08-15-2007, 06:17 PM

as my man is shiny bald I would have to say yes;)
It makes him look distinguished and sexy!

(any way, can't be doing with poncy straight men - if they are gay, then ponce all you want, but a straight man should be....well manly (bald helps!))
:p

KITKAT
08-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Shiny bald makes me think of another favorite...

BLUE MAN GROUP

enigma200316
08-16-2007, 07:38 AM
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
There you go James paint yourself blue, that would be a great site to
see..:D (ya can't knock a bald man,my hair still grows inthin as it may be so I keep it shaved):eek:

adamanteus
08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah, mine is shaved. I'm actually like a lion!!

abcat1993
08-29-2007, 07:41 PM
-The Offspring
-Pink Floyd
-Guns n' Roses
-White Stripes

Oh, I guess I posted recently then.
I'll add Wolfmother and for some reason I'm on the brink of liking the Beastie Boys; I want to like them but a lot of their stuff sucks. Also Van Halen - I'm seeing their concert in October.

CrazyHedgehog
08-30-2007, 11:14 AM
I have just re-found one of my Bob Dylan cd's
man what a genius!

enigma200316
08-30-2007, 12:00 PM
I myself listen to just about anything, I like the beats and rythums of songs and just how the music flows.....I'm not to much into the lyrics!!!
although I do remember them alot:o I guess you could call me just an all around music listener.......:)

adamanteus
08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm a lot like that, Justin. I like music from all genre. Couldn't live without music!

Thamnophis
08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Just been listening to the last cd of my friend Ruud's band Mamilla.
Mamilla: gitaarrock uit Zeeland (http://www.mamilla.com)
Great rockband with an amazing solo guitarplayer.

joeysgreen
09-01-2007, 12:58 PM
I never expected this thread on the forums, but who doesn't love music eh? I dig everything under the broad Rock catagory and don't mind other genera as well. I recall seeing many of the bands discussed on stage, and enjoy live music immensely. Of course I never read all 18 pages so far, but just have to mention my all time favorite band, the Who. This past spring I had the privilage of seeing the remaining "halfawho" perform here in Canada. I had thought they'd never come :)

Ian

drache
09-29-2007, 08:11 AM
how long does it take to totally overplay/wear out an album?
Jeff's been into this Keith Urban CD pretty much all summer and I'm afraid I'm starting to burn out on it

Thamnophis
09-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Been listening a lot lately to Steve Vai, one of the greatest guitarplayers of the world. next to that he's completely crazy. :D

Stefan-A
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
I've been going through my collection systematically and I've been listening to a lot of thrash metal lately. I'm sort of rediscovering old Metallica (Boo! New Metallica sucks! ;) ) and Megadeth and I'll be having even more fun when I get to Anthrax. :D

Bay_area
10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Depends on the mood I am in, rock, oldies(like American Graffitti Soundtrack), Funk, soul, Motown. I do like Gospel & Christian Contempary too. Just about anything but Rap

RZL36
10-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Music is actually more important to me than herps and I can't list my five favorite snakes, but I'll try to say what I listened to on the way to work today.

The Clash "Give 'Em Enough Rope"
Darkane "Rusted Angel" --For all you Scandinavians
Apples in Stereo "New Magnetic Wonder"
Ghostface Killah "Fishscale"

A lot of traffic into the office today and hopped around on the cds a bit.

I like a lot of music, but also vehemently hate a lot too. What I hate:
Anything Christian, unless it is country from the 40's and 50's.
New Country (how could something so good, go so bad?)
Hip-Pop

Bay_area
10-02-2007, 08:52 AM
This one goes along with why snakes have disappeared from spots I used to find them @ all the time;

Big Yellow Taxi

"That you don't know what you got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
Hey now now, don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got till it's gone
They paved paradise to put up a parking lot
Why not, they paved paradise
They put up a parking lot
Hey hey hey, paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

;)

RZL36
10-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I think that's a Joni Mitchell song. I guess that is what the wink is for.

crzy_kevo
11-01-2008, 01:48 PM
you guys are gonna love this video from ym favourite band
the band is called edguy and i think this new album is going ot make them huge in north america finally
check it out the song is called ministry of saints

YouTube - Edguy-Ministry Of Saints (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8yen9EYTGA)

jitami
11-01-2008, 03:47 PM
The Presidents Of The United States Of America

hehe... had to start at the beginning of this one and was pleasantly suprised by this :D Love Presidents of the United States of America... was trying to come up with a favorite song to mention, but I love them all! Kitty & Little Blue Dune Buggy are way up there :D I listen to just about anything that will hold my interest for 3.5 minutes...I have a bit of ADD, so that's not always easy :o Not into jazz or classical, but pretty much anything else goes with regea and ska being at the top of my list along with more mellow stuff like Uncle Kracker :)

Stefan-A
11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
I have their first two studio albums. :D Great songs, especially Kitty.

They mention herps a lot in their songs..

jitami
11-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I have the album with kitty, peaches, dune buggy, etc... can't beat that album :) Got their myspace page open now :) Think I'll change my profile song :)

reptile3
11-01-2008, 05:19 PM
linkin park all the way!!:D

Lulu Bennett
11-01-2008, 09:02 PM
linkin park all the way!!:D

Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Evanescence, Black eyed peas, christina aguilera, P!NK, Eminem, Snoop, My Ruin, Backstreet Boys, System of a down, Nickelback, Slip knot......I could go on but i got bored now hahaha

As you can see i will pretty much listen to anythink lol except hard core dance, tecno, pill 'ed music!! :eek:

infernalis
11-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Almost anything as long as it's on a decent HiFi system.

Lets just say I have bought tickets for everything from pink floyd to a Rob Zombie / Korn concert.

I'm fairly open minded, I Like talented musiscians. Live performances mostly.

It's too easy to "Fake It" (talent) in a studio.

They once made Chuck Norris sound like a country singer with studio tools for Walker Texas Ranger.

snakeman
11-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Check out my myspace.I got a pretty good playlist going.Reptile pics also.
MySpace.com - RDY2SNP - 36 - Male - LANGHORNE, Pennsylvania - www.myspace.com/tomdickinson (http://www.myspace.com/tomdickinson)

bio6464
11-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Tom, great playlist bro...and your kids are beautiful. :D
Jerry

infernalis
11-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Tom - Same Tom I have known on KS for however long??

dashnu
11-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Backstreet Boys

snicker snicker DORK!!

August Burns Red, Between the Buried and Me, All Shall Perish, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Protest The Hero.

prattypus
11-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Mainly country...

anji1971
11-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Other than rap and jazz, which I'm not too fond of, I can listen to something of just about every kind of music. It all depends on what mood I'm in.
Although I do have a preference for 80's British bands. The Smiths, The Cure, all that kind of stuff.
Right now, lined up next to my workout area, are CD's by Nine Inch Nails, Enya, Live, Shania Twain, Tchaikovsky, and a lovely band out of Manchester called James. How's that for variety?:D

jitami
11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Evanescence, Black eyed peas, christina aguilera, P!NK, Eminem, Snoop, My Ruin, Backstreet Boys, System of a down, Nickelback, Slip knot......I could go on but i got bored now hahaha

As you can see i will pretty much listen to anythink lol except hard core dance, tecno, pill 'ed music!! :eek:

Lulu you would fit right in with this family.. we have all of those except christina aguilerea, my ruin(guess I should check that one out?) and Backstreet Boys(silly girl :))

Anji, I like the variety! Used to be a Smiths & Cure fan, too :) Along those lines I'm really digging White Stripes lately.

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I recently "discovered" New Model Army. And Serj Tankian.

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Last week I was listening to the Sugarbabes in the car...... how many singles did they release?!!:eek:
For the coming week I've chosen Steve Earle and Ray Lamontagne.

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Last week I was listening to the Sugarbabes in the car...... how many singles did they release?!!:eek:
Far too many. :D

Lulu Bennett
11-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Lulu you would fit right in with this family.. we have all of those except christina aguilerea, my ruin(guess I should check that one out?) and Backstreet Boys(silly girl :))
Xtina is sooo sexy and awesome.
My Ruin are a Californian rock group and Miss B fondled me :eek:(dont ask)
As for Backstreet boys, Nick Carter was just sooooo sexy!! Loved them more than Boyzone (they were very big over here)

For the coming week I've chosen Steve Earle and Ray Lamontagne.
James, you should be ashamed of yourself! Don't EVER admit to that again!:eek:

Far too many. :D
My thoughts exactly!! lol

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
James, you should be ashamed of yourself! Don't EVER admit to that again!:eek:

What's wrong with the Sugarbabes? Biggest selling girl group of all time (or something).... they must be doing something right. They certainly 'push my button'.;)

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
They certainly 'push my button'.;)
Thanks, now I can't get that song out of my head without a crowbar.

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks, now I can't get that song out of my head without a crowbar.

If you did, you'd miss it 'like a hole in the head'!:D

Lulu Bennett
11-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Speaking of songs in my head...I have had this Katy perry?? song in my head for weeks. Its soooooo catchy!!!

I kissed a girl and i liked it,
The taste of her cherry chap stick.
I kissed a girl just to try it,
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it.

I love it hahaha

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, that one got stuck in my head for a while too!

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
If you did, you'd miss it 'like a hole in the head'!:D
Why, James? Why?

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Speaking of songs in my head...I have had this Katy perry?? song in my head for weeks. Its soooooo catchy!!!

I kissed a girl and i liked it,
The taste of her cherry chap stick.
I kissed a girl just to try it,
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it.

I love it hahaha
Not very annoying, easy to exorcise.

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Stefan, songs can do that! But you're just 'caught in the moment'.

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm warning you, James.

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Okay, okay...... no need to get 'ugly'!:eek:

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Run for cover, James.

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I will.... it'll be 'good to be gone'!:D

Stefan-A
11-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Whatever makes you happy. :rolleyes:

snakeman
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I have been going on kingsnake for about 10-15 years.Probally is the same Tom.
Thanks all
How do you quote somebody?I have not figured that out yet.

drache
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM
button in the bottom right corner of their post

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 03:53 PM

You should see a 'quote' button in the bottom right of the post.

snakeman
11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh! Duh!Im ********.

drache
11-02-2008, 06:11 PM
can someone please give me some hints, as to which unspeakable word has 8 letters - is is a combination word?

Lulu Bennett
11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Oh! Duh!Im ********.

can someone please give me some hints, as to which unspeakable word has 8 letters - is is a combination word?

I was thinking the exact same thing lol

infernalis
11-02-2008, 06:24 PM
The definition is "to slow progress"

It is now a politically incorrect term to describe people with learning disabilities, autism and and extra chromosomes.

Lulu Bennett
11-02-2008, 06:44 PM
i know what it is now.

adamanteus
11-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Re tar ded

drache
11-02-2008, 08:54 PM
oh, ok
didn't know that warranted stars - I'm just way behind on my curse words
what if you need to us that word in an appropriate context such as . . .
what thread are we in?

infernalis
11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
there are ways to c.h.e.a.t. the censors... (hint)

Lulu Bennett
11-03-2008, 03:21 AM
but then you are asking for your bum to be slapped off James or Stefan?? Depends what your in to :D lol

Frank.S
11-04-2008, 06:28 AM
I like Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, F. Zappa, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Deep Purple, Guns n' Roses, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, AC/DC, Nirvana, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Nazareth, Scorpions and more

German Bands: Extrabreit, Rammstein, Die Toten Hosen and love
Die Ärzte.... klick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9n65Uhhrvs&feature=related) or klick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picouylb1to&feature=related) :D

Greetings Frank

infernalis
11-04-2008, 06:41 AM
I like Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep, F. Zappa, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Deep Purple, Guns n' Roses, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, AC/DC, Nirvana, Motörhead, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Nazareth, Scorpions and more

German Bands: Extrabreit, Rammstein, Die Toten Hosen and love
Die Ärzte.... klick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9n65Uhhrvs&feature=related) or klick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picouylb1to&feature=related) :D

Greetings Frank

Rammstein, They put on a very unusual show, They found a way to fuse techno and thrash metal, with a S&M twist.

I can't understand a word of the lyrics, the beat just makes me want to turn it up loud.

"Angel" is a great tune...

Lulu Bennett
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Rammstein are ace!!!

Stefan-A
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I love their sound, their lyrics and all the puns and wordplays they use and they are pretty funny on stage. ;)

olive oil
11-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I have a very wide range when it comes to music. (My claim to fame)
My husband works for a sound & lighting company and, I actually met Willie Nelson when he was doing a show at a big horse farm in Lexington. I fell in love...He is SO SWEET!!! He actually invited us back to his tour bus, but we had to go pick up our son:( I love all his music. I have pics I'll try to share whenever I'm close to a scanner.
Some more of my favorites would be: Journey (old or new), Jethro Tull, The Killers, Allison Krauss, Donovan, Metallica, Peter Gabriel, Johnny Cash, & so on and so on...

anji1971
11-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Ohhh, I forgot to put Peter Gabriel on my list of favourites when I posted.
Ooops. Sorry Pete.;)

aSnakeLovinBabe
11-04-2008, 08:47 PM
lets hear it for three days grace! and breaking benjamin and ludo and incubus and SYSTEM OF A DOWN and disturbed and drowning pool and shinedown (who's singer is TOTALLY so hot) i could go on all day.

reptile3
11-04-2008, 08:53 PM
lets hear it for three days grace! and breaking benjamin and ludo and incubus and SYSTEM OF A DOWN and disturbed and drowning pool and shinedown (who's singer is TOTALLY so hot) i could go on all day.

DITTO Shannon!!!:D

ssssnakeluvr
11-04-2008, 09:30 PM
I have been listening to a lot of megadeth lately....love the countdown to extinction album!!!!

infernalis
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Ohhh, I forgot to put Peter Gabriel on my list of favourites when I posted.
Ooops. Sorry Pete.;)

Another on top of my list.

This guy raises money for human rights & did a song in honor of Stephen Biko.

http://www.danceswithreptiles.com/1/peter_gabriel.jpg

AND all the Genesis albums until 1975 when he left.

drache
11-06-2008, 04:26 AM
old Genesis is really cool

infernalis
11-06-2008, 04:52 AM
old Genesis is really cool

I'll agree to that. Watching the "Suppers Ready" video that this picture is from, well it's not your typical MTV that's for sure.

http://www.121musicblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/petergabriel.jpg

gregmonsta
11-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Metal for me :d .. currently enjoying the 'Pissing Razors' back-catalogue :D

suklaamumina
11-07-2008, 05:33 AM
Mostly metal here, too. Some Finnish band that nobody knows. Profane Omen is the best :D And opera is great. I mean... Wagner, Verdi, Puccini... I just don't understand people who don't like opera :'DD

larean
11-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Tom Waits. (amongst others of course, ranging from Scarlatti to Bob Dylan, and a lot of gypsy music)

Stefan-A
11-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Mostly metal here, too. Some Finnish band that nobody knows. Profane Omen is the best :D And opera is great. I mean... Wagner, Verdi, Puccini... I just don't understand people who don't like opera :'DD
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Finnish bands were better known outside of Finland. :)

DaveM
11-10-2008, 05:35 AM
nearly all metal, Korn, Cannibal Corpse, Maggot Ejaculation, Metalica, Nile, Bleeding Through, Slayer, Kreator, Decapitated, I listen to those bands the most :)

infernalis
11-10-2008, 06:02 AM
Surprised to see anyone that listens to Kreator.

Korn made an outstanding first album (The demo tape is better) then the sound got more refined until Issues came out and I lost interest in buying any more.

The most outstanding metal show I have ever witnessed was Iron Maiden on the powerslave tour in the 80's. That stage was 20 years ahead of it's time.

Queensryche played 5 shows in New York state on the Empire tour, that was fun chasing around to attend all of them:D

One CD that I play from time to time is Ministry Psalm 69. it sometimes sounds like a transmission disintegrating under a fast moving bus, but it will get your aggressions out... and by the time they get to "Jesus built my hot rod" I am smiling again.

Really about the only stuff that I can't lend an ear to is pop or rap.

Even then, Some of it can be catchy... "if heaven ain't a lot like Detroit, I don't wanna go"

Oh and I'm gonna show my age, but damn those fold open record covers with the incredible artwork were the best, never the same on a 5" square..

And 45's anyone remember buying those?? usually had a neat bonus song on the back side.

DaveM
11-10-2008, 06:11 AM
God I can't beleive I missed Maiden (punishes himself for his metal foolishness) I have nearly every album of theirs

infernalis
11-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Bad Dave!!!

http://www.daimi.au.dk/~clemens/images/eddie.jpg

ssssnakeluvr
11-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh and I'm gonna show my age, but damn those fold open record covers with the incredible artwork were the best, never the same on a 5" square..

And 45's anyone remember buying those?? usually had a neat bonus song on the back side.
definitely...and yes....I have a box of 45's!!!! yes, I am old too!!!!

I am also a fan of Devo......

jitami
11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Devo... omg... ok, I'll date myself... my best friend and I used to dance in front of the console stereo, holding mics and singing, whipping the mic cords at appropriate times :) Fun stuff :)

Got to hear Ramstein(sp?) over the weekend. Loved the one song that I heard! I also heard an old Korn song over the weekend that I had somehow never heard before, but I'm totally addicted to it right now! I seriously can't hear it enough...love the video, too... YouTube - Korn - Shoots and Ladders (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFh21nQ64V0) ... makes me happy :D

infernalis
11-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Nick Nack paddy wack, give the dog a bone Tam:D

On the subject of music, I am going to upload some MP3 stuff and post links for you guys...

Charlet_2007
11-10-2008, 09:24 PM
ICP bar none!!!! i have every cd and every song ever made by them on 3 MP3 cds!!!!! i also like Tech9 as well :D:D:D:D

and rap i guess basically anything.. I was in choir for 8 1/2 years so i like everything..

except trance music i guess..

anji1971
11-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Nick Nack paddy wack, give the dog a bone Tam:D

On the subject of music, I am going to upload some MP3 stuff and post links for you guys...

Now that sounds cool! My classic rock collection is sadly lacking. I could use some Pink Floyd, Who, Stones, etc. Just a variety of stuff. I can't afford to go buy a zillion CD's! I know you've got some of that.;)

adamanteus
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
This week I've been listening to 'The Script' a lot. They're a new Irish band, topping the UK album charts recently..... reminiscent of 'Keane' and 'Maroon 5'. Really rather good.

ssssnakeluvr
11-22-2008, 10:44 PM
I found some Barnes and Barnes cd's....been listening to them....

count dewclaw
11-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Lately I've been listening to Newsboys, Casting Crowns, Reliant K, Micheal Card, Skillet, Eden's Bridge, ZOEgirl, Third Day, to name a few....I also like to listen to classical music (especially on hectic days).