PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like... ?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

infernalis
04-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Maybe as a father of a 15 year old daughter, I have a bias against her singing this out loud all the time...

KdS6HFQ_LUc

kibakiba
04-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I was listening to and singing Eminem when I was 5, much to my fathers dismay. I listened to a TON of perverted, sexual music and yet I still grew up to be a fine young lady. Never had a boyfriend until my current one, been together for 3 years and haven't done anything "pervy". Music doesn't matter much. It could influence people, but I find for most they just like the way the song sounds, not being influenced to do stupid things. Maybe it's different in your area, but a lot of people around here grew up listening to stuff like Eminem, and never did that stuff. The ones who did did it from peer pressure.
My town used to be an everybody knows everybody town, so everyone knew what everyone else was doing.

infernalis
04-24-2011, 09:18 AM
MTV has these stupid "reality" shows depicting that it OK for kids to just drop their pants "cuz it's cool"

Guess they can't stay little forever.. seems like just yesterday I was buying Bratz dolls instead of leather collars.

mustang
04-24-2011, 09:32 AM
MTV has these stupid "reality" shows depicting that it OK for kids to just drop their pants "cuz it's cool"

Guess they can't stay little forever.. seems like just yesterday I was buying Bratz dolls instead of leather collars.
woah your girls are in the punk crowd?

infernalis
04-24-2011, 10:25 AM
She calls it Goth/Emo. She goes by "ToxicLove666" on IMVU & Habbo

My oldest went through a hippie phase. tie dye shirts, Dave Matthews CD's, Jerry Bears and flip flops. she's 28 now and grew up just fine.

I should be more open minded about these things, maybe I'm just old.:(

kibakiba
04-24-2011, 10:26 AM
I went through a phase like that. It lasted about a year. The fact my mom just let me do what I wanted, black hair, red highlights, etc. I got out of the phase because I was no longer interested in it. Besides, I didn't have to argue with my mom to get my way, she just let me do it, hoping it would stop soon.

Maybe you should block MTV from your TV :p

The more you restrict your kids from something, the more they'll want to do it.

drache
04-24-2011, 10:54 AM
I looked at it, Wayne, and I think its a fight you don't need to pick
it's basic contemporary girl pop and all her friends are singing it too
it would drive me nuts to have to listen to it more than twice, but that's got nothing to do with the lyrics, rather with the fact that it's like standard "house" music - boredom hyped to the max

Stefan-A
04-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Maybe as a father of a 15 year old daughter, I have a bias against her singing this out loud all the time...

KdS6HFQ_LUc
Personally, as an owner of ears, I have a bias against Rihanna singing. At all.

TomM
04-24-2011, 02:15 PM
If Rihanna really likes that stuff why didn't she just stay with Chris Brown?

Stefan-A
04-24-2011, 02:30 PM
If Rihanna really likes that stuff why didn't she just stay with Chris Brown?
Because there's a difference.

mustang
04-24-2011, 05:46 PM
She calls it Goth/Emo. She goes by "ToxicLove666" on IMVU & Habbo

My oldest went through a hippie phase. tie dye shirts, Dave Matthews CD's, Jerry Bears and flip flops. she's 28 now and grew up just fine.

I should be more open minded about these things, maybe I'm just old.:(
sorry im a hunter and pro quick nuclear ending to war dude....but tie dye is AMAZING!!!!! i saw a pic of david lee roth with a tie dye suit it was AWESOME!!!!....hooray and after a year of googleing i just found it!http://www.uncoy.com/images/impulstanz/david-lee-roth-small.pnghttp://www.uncoy.com/images/impulstanz/david-lee-roth-small.png

ill always be able to find the picture now!

infernalis
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Thanks Stefan, That statement has me grinning ear to ear right now.

ConcinusMan
05-10-2011, 10:02 AM

Oh heal yes. Now this is music:

7z6dxQVhE8o

1aVHLL5egRY

xoW3bqnr7tw

HAkHqYlqops

One of the greatest songs of all time:
jhat-xUQ6dw

infernalis
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
When I followed the "Empire tour" around, I wanted to slap the people around me, Silent Lucidity was the Encore, and all these pimple face kids kept on saying "when they going to play it"

Here is some REAL queensryche..Operation Mindcrime was one of the best concept albums made.. and the whole reason I went to 5 "Empire" concerts in a row.. They played the whole album every single night.

2c3g6tTYoxM

A4duZjxusGM

CNdOsL4Xe7Q

Didymus20X6
05-10-2011, 08:35 PM
We need some real Hip Hop up in this place!

lOfZLb33uCg
N9qYF9DZPdw
qpMvS1Q1sos

ssssnakeluvr
05-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I love Queensryche!! also Weird Al!

ConcinusMan
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah, me too. And those 3 weird al songs just happen to be among my favorites. Been into weird al ever since "Like a surgeon" and "Eat it". :p Can't forget this one though. Love this one too: (animated by Jib-Jab)

r_U377vst5o

Can I sniff the pit stains on your blouse? LoL.

ssssnakeluvr
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I have his first 4 albums =)

ConcinusMan
05-10-2011, 09:20 PM
The classics... You know, from back in the day when MTV played music videos.:rolleyes:

notKtAgfwDA

ZcJjMnHoIBI

Didymus20X6
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
hEcjgJSqSRU

RedSidedSPR
05-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Oh heal yes. Now this is music:

Love "hootie"! And Weird Al!

Mommy2many
05-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Weird Al! He was so great to see in concert on a small stage. Better than the primary act.

ConcinusMan
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't doubt that one bit.

infernalis
05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I think folks sometimes overlook his fine vocal talents and get wrapped up in the parody.

He could sing conventional songs, and still sound great.

ConcinusMan
05-12-2011, 03:00 AM
I think folks sometimes overlook his fine vocal talents and get wrapped up in the parody.

But he's so darn good at it. The master!

infernalis
05-12-2011, 04:05 AM
The highlight of any Dr. Demento show.

wr-kn0JG5p4

XaXJxjgS6v4

ConcinusMan
05-15-2011, 02:08 AM
xh-5FI21s6M

HpkmtweNQ-U

infernalis
05-15-2011, 08:26 AM
RpCCfazKxzk

ConcinusMan
05-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Interesting...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/02/deathofmusicindustry.jpg

guidofatherof5
05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Met and talked with the entire group a few years back. Very nice people.
KqrqPGt11bA

o7qi2KlUffs&feature=fvsr

Didymus20X6
05-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Interesting...

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/02/deathofmusicindustry.jpg

I can't help but notice that music sales seemed to peak right before the advent of digital media (I'm presuming they mean MP3 and related compression technologies).

Didymus20X6
05-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Estonian composer Arvo Part, and what I consider his Magnum Opus, Te Deum Laudamus. I love his calculated use of dissonance and the prepared piano.

mD3tRr2CkDo
WtzF5De9rbc
Jwc065aGVWA

For anyone desiring a translation, I can post my own rendering of the text.

drache
05-19-2011, 05:22 AM
right now it's
I can't stand the rain"
and I think I still like the Ann Peebles rendition best

BLUESIRTALIS
05-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Met and talked with the entire group a few years back. Very nice people.
KqrqPGt11bA

o7qi2KlUffs&feature=fvsr

Casting Crowns is awesome and so is Third Day and Jeremy Camp.

ConcinusMan
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I can't help but notice that music sales seemed to peak right before the advent of digital media (I'm presuming they mean MP3 and related compression technologies).

Actually, that section that is digital sales only represents sales made after the recording companies finally realized that they were losing money and instead of fighting digital distribution of music, they finally started offering legit ways for people to buy it in that form. Long before that people were "ripping" their audio CD's and sharing them for free (which of course is illegal and NOT represented in the graph). The peak time frame for that, you'll see sales take a dive. As more people began buying digital music legitimately, then you see sales rising again, at least until the economy really took a dive. Sales of any music at all, are still on that downward trend simply because fewer people can afford the luxury with this slow economy.

Also, digital doesn't necessarily mean MP3 or any compression technologies but it does include that. Most people these days including myself, prefer to purchase their digital music in a lossless format (uncompressed) such as .Flac or .WMV lossless. Hard drives and other storage devices have gotten so large (capacity wise) and cheap that large file sizes aren't really a concern anymore.

Didymus20X6
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but MP3 players haven't gotten much cheaper for the larger capacity ones, and they still don't have unlimited space on them.

Yeah, I did notice that the market took a huge dip back around the early 2000s, and figured it was because of music sharing sites like Napster and AudioGalaxy. And the dip does occur significantly before digital sales (that is, the music industry deciding, "If you can't beat them, use them to make money!").

I still use a lot of MP3's, mostly because I tend to get independent music from sites like AcidPlanet rather than spend money on commercial music.

Reptar!
05-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I love this guy. He is a guitarist for another band called Alexis is on Fire. They are a little more hardcore, This is his solo project. His name is Dallas Green. YouTube - ‪CIty & Colour - Casey's Song‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYecSQlT84)
YouTube - ‪City and Colour - As Much As I Ever Could (Transmissions)‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asHMvXHY4sk)
YouTube - ‪City and Colour - Sleeping Sickness‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rU7WPVcLmQ)

ConcinusMan
05-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah, but MP3 players haven't gotten much cheaper for the larger capacity ones, and they still don't have unlimited space on them.

Well, all I know is that I bought a zune in 2007 and I still have it and love it. I like it much better than ipod, and it has a 120GB hard drive in it. Even at lossless format, I can fit way more than enough music on it to satisfy myself, along with videos and movies (ripped from my DVD's) as well. It's not like I need to have my entire media library on it all at once. 100 GB or so is plenty. Many hours of listening/watching in 100 GB of files.

RedSidedSPR
05-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Casting Crowns is awesome and so is Third Day and Jeremy Camp.

Yep, dey is! I have a Casting Crowns, bunch a Third Day.

Along with

Pillar
Thousand Foot Krutch
Skillet

An' all o' dem other similars.:D

Didymus20X6
05-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Well, all I know is that I bought a zune in 2007 and I still have it and love it. I like it much better than ipod, and it has a 120GB hard drive in it. Even at lossless format, I can fit way more than enough music on it to satisfy myself, along with videos and movies (ripped from my DVD's) as well. It's not like I need to have my entire media library on it all at once. 100 GB or so is plenty. Many hours of listening/watching in 100 GB of files.
Yeah, but with my budget, I ended up settling for a 16GB Sony. That's still several hours of music in MP3 format, but not my entire music collection. I mostly just keep the Electro-Breaks stuff on there, but none of my Sacred-Classical, Rock, or Comedy.

Didymus20X6
05-19-2011, 05:59 PM
TbxnnC22gwY

More Arvo Part. This is my favorite piece of his (for choir only this time). Not only does he continue to employ dissonance in remarkable ways, but this piece definitely shows some Eastern influences. (Not sure exactly what the video has to do with the piece).

RedSidedSPR
05-20-2011, 11:30 AM
These guys (Pillar) do a couple cover songs in this album. Love both versions of the songs.

Anyone who likes the original will probably enjoy these. (I'm sure most of you know Collective Soul)

First is a cover of "Shine" by Collective Soul.
CGZgMxmNcOI

Second is "Call To Action" by Copper
o29nveogbbo

RedSidedSPR
05-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Here's the originals:

Shine - Collective Soul
_m0bI82Rz_k

Call To Action - Copper
PqGCn_CE9wQ

ConcinusMan
05-20-2011, 01:30 PM
ZbHfgXJKn1Y

Didymus20X6
05-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I love this song.

W3WN-slHg3I

NikkiSixx
05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
It isn't workin' for me.... I tried to put a link in.

Here is the link to the song...

YouTube - ‪AARON LEWIS - "Country Boy" (Official Video)‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1)

Didymus20X6
05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
To insert a YouTube video, you only need the YouTube address code (I guess that's what you'd call it) - it's that series of letters, numbers, and symbols unique to every YouTube video.

Then you would enclose it with the YouTube BBC code, alike so:

vsQzw_Ax8CwVoila:
vsQzw_Ax8Cw

To find the YouTube code, just look here in the video's URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQzw_Ax8Cw&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

Hope this helps.

Didymus20X6
05-23-2011, 06:31 PM
This one is for all you gaming nerds. This girl is phenomenally talented.

(and even if you're not a gaming nerd, but just like to hear a talented musician play)

1OfPxmosko0

sv4qX7gT5Y8

bjL7Y5LBGnk

u3XYsINR-y4

infernalis
05-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Ladies with talent.. Like that concept...

wcHNZVrxEts

LyEJxzQM24Q

FPyTgmC3nQQ

wp43OdtAAkM

y54aNdpO8ug

NikkiSixx
05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Well thank you for the helpful advice! Here is another good song! :-)

UbeaLb4KvEE

BLUESIRTALIS
05-24-2011, 09:52 AM
I love country music.;)

NikkiSixx
05-24-2011, 09:55 AM
I love country music.;)

ME TOO!!! :-):D:eek:

Didymus20X6
05-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I am Vengeance! I am The Night!

Big fan of the Dark Knight here.

Most people remember Danny Elfman's theme, but I've always thought Shirley Walker's Mask of the Phantasm to be sheer awesome:

TOSS-ZFDMo4

The 1989 Danny Elfman theme:

udRQLPy35v8

The opening theme from Batman Beyond:

bfzy110FKEw

A Prog Rock/symphonic version of the Batman Beyond theme (from The Return of the Joker - worth a listen even if you're not a Batman fan):

Sjq1RH9nh7g

From my favorite animated Batman feature to date, Under the Red Hood:

LobJjaQMbpg

drache
08-02-2011, 05:44 AM
one of my favourite musicians once said: "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny"
but there's nothing wrong with a little swing now and then, especially where you don't expect it
YouTube - Sing Sing Sing / Swing Girls movie ep8 Music Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=L7N6slVrQeY&vq=medium)

PINJOHN
08-02-2011, 07:15 AM
thanks Rhea for that one really enjoyed the music,but it also gave me a great laugh, as you watch it being played you occasionally spot some of the audience clapping out of rhythm, it took me straight to steve martin in the jerk, one of the funniest pieces of film ever.

guidofatherof5
08-02-2011, 07:21 AM
"I'm somebody now":D

Very funny movie.

Didymus20X6
08-02-2011, 11:54 AM
You like Jazz, huh? Well, here's a little Bebop for ya!

T6zDfxZ4NcE

I love this music. Yoko Kanno is an awesome composer!

mustang
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
You like Jazz, huh? Well, here's a little Bebop for ya!

T6zDfxZ4NcE

I love this music. Yoko Kanno is an awesome composer!
The ending to cowboy bebop was sad ... i only saw a few episodes then the last one hit me like code gease leluche of the rebellion:(
well it couldv been worse... I watched the bridge to terribithia and saving private ryen for the first time on the same day. if that doesnt make you sad nothing will.:rolleyes:

mustang
08-04-2011, 11:52 AM
best half time show ever!!!
_-oJKyHHxKk

Didymus20X6
08-04-2011, 12:40 PM
The ending to cowboy bebop was sad ... i only saw a few episodes then the last one hit me like code gease leluche of the rebellion:(
well it couldv been worse... I watched the bridge to terribithia and saving private ryen for the first time on the same day. if that doesnt make you sad nothing will.:rolleyes:
How about adding Old Yeller to that list?

To me, it wasn't just the ending to Bebop that was sad, but all the stuff leading up to it as well. I love the series because it is so well-written and produced, and it does have its fun moments, but overall, it is very depressing.

mustang
08-04-2011, 02:40 PM
How about adding Old Yeller to that list?

To me, it wasn't just the ending to Bebop that was sad, but all the stuff leading up to it as well. I love the series because it is so well-written and produced, and it does have its fun moments, but overall, it is very depressing.
watch gundam seed stargazer on youtube, everything leading up to it is sad, death death and more death!

ConcinusMan
08-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Jani Lane (born John Kennedy Oswald, February 1, 1964 – August 11, 2011) was an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) recording artist and the lead vocalist, frontman, lyricist and main songwriter for the glam metal band Warrant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrant_%28American_band%29).

R.I.P. John

TfmZOYnRWIM

lDQuDUv5uL8

K6-jEP1uGiA

0RHENr6Xe70

Sad. It's the end of en era of great rock.

RedSidedSPR
08-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Nice. He was awesome.

ConcinusMan
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Heeeal yeah. That was my high-school days music. Love it. Bought every album they ever put out. On vinyl or cassette of course. @ $27-$32 a pop, and $500 for the player, I couldn't afford CD's. :rolleyes:

infernalis
08-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I simply had to share this.. Found it by accident.

Firstly, her age, she's so young, secondly she choses the hardest music to play and plays it well.

Here is YYZ from Rush, watch the drum sticks close.

9uEKsYHrYlk

Now she plays King Crrimson "Red" another extremely difficult track.

liWGp37npZU

Just for kicks... Led Zeppelin.

OjQhE2z7VNc

katach
08-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Wow! That little girl can ROCK!

RedSidedSPR
08-22-2011, 07:07 AM
I'll just have to take your word for it, stupid iPhone.:D

ConcinusMan
08-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Isn't there an ap for that? (youtube)

RedSidedSPR
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
hmmm.. maybe. I mean, theres an app for YouTube, and I can access it in the browser, works fine, but I can't view these embedded videos...

The only way anyone could show me a video (most days) is by posting a link. Then it would bring be straight to YouTube.com and I'd be fine. It's just a X this way.

ConcinusMan
08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah, see, my motorola 4G does that automatically. Any embedded videos on the forum show up as links.

RedSidedSPR
08-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Lucky you.:p

I don't get it, becuause embedded vids do show up on most websites/blogs just not forums... This thing supports flash, and there's only one site I haven't been able to access, and it's because it's not allowed, not the device.

ConcinusMan
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Let me see if I can dig something up on that. What firmware version is on your iphone?

RedSidedSPR
08-22-2011, 11:44 AM
ok, it's really an iPod touch 4g. I say iPhone but... (doesn't make a difference though, I know someone with and iPhone the same prob... The browsers are the same) sorry about that.

It's not the newest, (4.2... it think) my computer crashed and I haven't got around to doing the 2 hour sync. Version makes no difference though... I usually have the newest.

ConcinusMan
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
I think I figured it out. it doesn't actually support flash. When you go to youtube, the website detects that you're using an iphone and rederects you to a HTML 5 version of the video instead of flash player version. This behavior would have to be implemented in the embedding code in order to work, and here and in most forums, that is not the case.

RedSidedSPR
08-22-2011, 11:52 AM
if you mean it redirects me to the mobil version, you're right. But I could switch to "desktop" and run the "normal" YouTube site, just works slower.

I was under the impression it supported flash, I mean I can access FLASH WEBSITES...

ConcinusMan
08-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I still say that either mode, youtube is feeding it to you via html 5, not flash. If the embedding code does not implement html 5 it's not going to play.

RedSidedSPR
08-22-2011, 02:55 PM
OH... duh. HTML5 forgot what that was (yeah i know).

I see. That makes sense now, thanks. I think you solved it.:)

PINJOHN
08-23-2011, 03:40 AM
i have this single in my collection [not sure if the young people on here know what a single is lol] found this on u tube, truly classic

MANHATTANS --- HURT {1976} - YouTube (http://youtu.be/x5nibjzINEE)

RedSidedSPR
08-23-2011, 07:18 AM
I know what a single is!!! Your download them for 99 cents on iTunes!:D

PINJOHN
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM

yes but i meant the vinyl type ;)

RedSidedSPR
08-23-2011, 10:29 AM
The what?!

I knew that.

ConcinusMan
08-23-2011, 10:50 AM

Wrong! A single is one track from an album that was also released separate from the album. Before the internet you had to buy the entire album in order to get your one favorite song. Unless it was released as a single. Usually on a 12 inch vinyl record, and sometimes the single was different than the album version. Sometimes it was a longer song. An extended version. The flip side of that 12 inch usually had another song which was only available on the single, and wasn't available on any album. Bands would often produce more material than what would fit on any one album (or CD) so they released the excess material on 12 inch vinyl singles.

RedSidedSPR
08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
oh...

same thing.:D

RedSidedSPR
08-26-2011, 01:36 PM
These guys rock.:D

Newest album was $5 at Walmart, so i grabbed it. And LIKED it.

3PN-BMHi5L8

zuOs3x94Wos

(this is better on track version)
UwqFdAVF5i8

Sound isn't working on my computer, so i have no idea how good the videos are.:D

guidofatherof5
08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Awesome group. Been listening to them since they came out with their first album.

RedSidedSPR
08-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Sweet, they have a cool sound.. I like 'em.

PINJOHN
08-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Sweet, they have a cool sound.. I like 'em.

thanks Jesse superb i will be getting their album on the strength of what you have shown me, but first i will check my kids do not already own it :D:D

ConcinusMan
08-30-2011, 02:29 PM
And now for something completely different...

r6-ZccfRrIo

kibakiba
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
You know, the singer would be totally beautiful if she took off all that god dang makeup.

RedSidedSPR
08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
http://cdn.somanymp3s.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif Stupid iPhone.

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 12:14 AM
You know, the singer would be totally beautiful if she took off all that god dang makeup.

Yeah, but she's totally goth. Gotta look the part. I think goth chicks are hot anyway. But obviously she doesn't look like that all the time. That video is actually almost 20 years old and she's lost a lot of weight since then. But you're right, she is rather pretty. She's done her share of modeling.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/11193316/188425_10150117992063005_22999333004_6729486_29186 10_n_thumb.jpg?1308970340

Jessica Fodera
(http://www.google.com/search?q=Jessicka+Fodera&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Gye&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnso&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=KNBdTsqQEubKiAK_u7CzBQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAQ&biw=1672&bih=882)

kibakiba
08-31-2011, 06:25 AM
Yes, I was a got so I know the whole looking the act thing. I do like goth women sometimes, as long as they aren't looking like complete freaks.

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Exactly. One can go overboard with the piercings, which by the way aren't necessary at all for the look. One sparkly and small stud in the nose is about all I can handle. And lets not confuse "goth" with "emo". One is sexy, the other is most definitely not.

I really like this character on NCSI. God she's hot. :D

http://pvanslyke.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/abby.jpg

RedSidedSPR
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
That necklace thing scares the crap out of me.:D

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
You're funny. And it's not a necklace, it's a collar.

RedSidedSPR
08-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Even worse.

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Even sexier.

kibakiba
08-31-2011, 02:39 PM
I had two lip piercings. I regret that the most. More than dying my hair black and spending over 1k on black clothing and stupid makeup.

RedSidedSPR
08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Even sexier.

Yeah yeah. I hear ya...

Belongs on a dog.

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I can almost hear her howling. Woof!

RedSidedSPR
08-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah. Woof. That about sums it up.

kibakiba
08-31-2011, 02:48 PM
I like collars on girls as long as its not going overboard with the studs and spiky things. No problem with it.

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 02:57 PM
The spikier the better.:D

ConcinusMan
08-31-2011, 02:58 PM
The spikier the better.:D

And for some real fun, a leash every now and then. I can take her for walks.:p

kibakiba
08-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Ya old perv.

kibakiba
09-01-2011, 09:25 AM
One of the heavier bands I like...
ATIVuynOPTM

ConcinusMan
09-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Ow. My ears are bleeding. Hey, I think I recognize the singer though. That's cobra commander right?

kibakiba
09-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Not sure. My boyfriend sent me the song and I liked it so I bought the album. Its good stuff if you like really heavy things. I used to listen to music like that a lot, not so much anymore. I like middle eastern music a bit more.

kibakiba
09-01-2011, 10:03 AM
And a softer more relaxing kind of music that I like.
vt-SNwyxsBM

ConcinusMan
09-01-2011, 10:03 AM
You do realize I was joking, right?

LxQa8VL8bUg

kibakiba
09-01-2011, 10:04 AM
I wasn't paying much attention. I've been up since 5, my brain is slow and cold, much like my snakes brains are right now.

RedSidedSPR
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM
love TFK. Very light-hearted band... yet awesome.

Vh2YFfeUrOA

NHFML7XRbqI

Y8s5G0nSvco

guidofatherof5
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Good group.

RedSidedSPR
09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I have all but one album. They're fun.

ConcinusMan
09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Love squirts.. I mean, hurts.

soDZBW-1P04

ConcinusMan
09-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I just love these. So funny!

RyasBBoQqCA

Holy crap look at the view count on this one. Last time I checked it was only 19 million. Then look at Kesha's original song. Not even close.
d7n8GqewJ2M

Ui9C5KOmnAc

c_stcgW8E4o

RedSidedSPR
09-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Stupid iPhone!!!!!!!!!!

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 07:06 AM
2pE0T07zs5s

We need more music like this. Everything about this song is uplifting.

guidofatherof5
09-08-2011, 07:13 AM
It's not anything I would listen too all the time but I'd take it over some of the other music that's out there.;)

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 07:15 AM
I like a lot of different music, but any time I'm down... Bob Azzam is always a good listen. Music from the 60s is good music. Especially that from the middle east. I really love middle eastern music. :D

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Stupid iPhone!!!!!

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 07:21 AM
It's not something you would like, Jesse. Trust me, you seem like the kind of guy who likes punk... :p

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Really? I'm curious why you think that.........:D

This is the last album I bought.

alSjOp4aj7M

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 07:32 AM
The music I posted was a lot softer than that. Flute, tambourine, very soft drums and little guitar.

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Yeah, well, it hardly qualifies as punk.

Now this is a little closer...

(they get so.... energetic when live.:D)

pQMNX0fE7VU

Awesome:

9TgvjgfvFow

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 07:58 AM
PMigXnXMhQ4

The banana boat song! I heard this for the first time in about 14 years. I listened to this song so much as a kid.

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I'll take your word for it. Stupid iPhone.

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Harry Belafonte was a wonderful singer.

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I woulnt know. Stupid iPhone.

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Fix it! Fix it now!

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Cant. iPhone doesnt allow me to view embedded videos. Only way I could watch a video is if you post the link.

BTW, the computer got fried yesterday, so...

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Get a better iPhone :p

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Whatever. It's a rare phone that supports that. If you want me to able to view it, post te URL link, straight to YouTube, else I cat see it.

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Seriously though, this group (awesome!) is as close to punk as it gets with me.

rJMYRbkvv6g

pnnrKHI5Rck

(can't access youtubes music videos through iPhone only live really)

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Here Jesse... Just because I'm nice, I'll post the links for you. :rolleyes:
Banana boat song
Harry Belafonte - "Banana Boat Song (Day O)" - 1956 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMigXnXMhQ4)

Ya Mustapha
Bob Azzam [ya Mustapha ] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pE0T07zs5s)

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Figures. User has not made this video avaiable to mobile device.:rolleyes:

I WANT A COMPUTER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid lightning.

kibakiba
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Awww. They're such good songs too.

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:31 AM
The iphone runs this site real smooth and fast, like other sites, but when it comes to videos, it's a pain. we have to get a new computer soon, as in literally HAVE to. Even though we can't afford it, dads job depends on it so it's a must.

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 08:38 AM
I like John Mayer. He's awesome.

What, you expect a video? Find one.:D I have next to no access to this guy from this thing.

BLUESIRTALIS
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
John Mayer is very unique in an artistic way. I put him and Dave Matthews in the same genre they are so original. I prefer 3 Doors Down or Creed when it comes to some of the newer pop/rock. I still favor the 80's hair bands the best when it comes to secular music though.:D

RedSidedSPR
09-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Love all that you just mentioned. You have good taste.:D I really like 3 doors down but havent bought many albums.. need to fix that. Creed is awesome.:D

ConcinusMan
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Anyone familiar with "shaytards" on youtube? SHAYTARDS's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/SHAYTARDS?feature=chclk)

Well this is Callie Moore, Mommy tard's sister. She's good:

ezSzcCLulYU

ConcinusMan
09-17-2011, 11:19 AM
It's pretty apparent to me that the 1990's may just be the best decade for music that I'm going to see in my lifetime. Just doesn't get any better than this. I love this crap:

Lln5i1N3J8g

f8nkHrv_4Mg

Love this very weird video: (or any music by Chris Cornell)

3mbBbFH9fAg

XFkzRNyygfk

4aeETEoNfOg

MS91knuzoOA

r5mrEAPMLk8

Oh, I could go on....

RedSidedSPR
09-17-2011, 11:23 AM
*sniff*.

ConcinusMan
09-17-2011, 11:50 AM
And now for the women:

z-CHEnJ7gnc

1HBxUWSxcq8

uhB4iuKjJLc

RD9xK9smth4

v0CYB5V9e64

TR3Vdo5etCQ

O3dWBLoU--E

PHzOOQfhPFg

I was actually lucky enough to spend half a day hanging out with Gwen Stefani years ago, (right after the release of No Doubt's first album) right here in Vancouver, WA. A childhood friend of mine arranged it. Her husband owns a business doing audio/video production for lots of big name musicians and actors.

RedSidedSPR
09-17-2011, 11:56 AM
*sniff*.

cant view 'em!!!

ConcinusMan
09-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Sucks for you dude!

RedSidedSPR
09-19-2011, 05:46 PM
How the heck does this guy sing so well when he's jumping around like that?!:D

Seriously, these guys are great live.

LQ9W_RkKCrs
LQ9W

(big rock hit 2005:D)
rIlGjSxevik

(1:56!!)
tPK5V4RL7ac

(firs real hit -- what made them as popular as they are, played again)
wkDN5_U_cdw
wkDN5

('nuther hit was no1 in the charts at one point, same as the other)
3v5GMOXpJak

(ignore any doubles, this iPod screws me up)

RedSidedSPR
09-28-2011, 09:31 AM
^^Those guys are still great btw.:p

Anyhoo, NEW album came out yesterday! Love it!

I LOVE SWITCHFOOT!!!! Here's a song (music video) from their new album.

5_5oE0ijhKg
5oE0ijhKg
(only one of these will work but are the same)

guidofatherof5
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I see they are suppling music for some of the NFL shows.
Good for them.

RedSidedSPR
09-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Yup. That's pretty cool.

kibakiba
10-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I97k_HgZQD8

Here's some Irish folk music... I really like this song.
I have it on my "Rough guide to Irish folk" cd. I think it's the second edition.

guidofatherof5
10-22-2011, 06:47 AM
I think this song from Dan Fogelberg speaks for itself.
He was an amazing song writter and performer.
I was blessed to see his in concert when I has 20.

RbB7LFcK9NU&feature=related

RedSidedSPR
10-22-2011, 11:32 AM
I like it.

here's one of this bands best "slow" songs. I like this one a lot.

Or1aFVBEZBY&feature

Chondro788
10-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Got my Guns 'n Roses tickets on friday!!! Ok, I know its really just Axl, but I love Guns, and I will gladly go see Axl and his new band play for a couple hours!! Any ideas on how late they will take the stage?!? :p

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/185/4/e/Skull_Guns_N___Roses_by_felipelessa.jpg

ConcinusMan
10-29-2011, 11:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Kspj3OO0s

guidofatherof5
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I like it.

here's one of this bands best "slow" songs. I like this one a lot.

Or1aFVBEZBY&feature

Always been a Switchfoot fan.

ConcinusMan
10-29-2011, 11:49 AM
I like 'em too.:)

infernalis
10-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Happy Helloween folks....

LjfnKNcSD7s

infernalis
10-29-2011, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Kspj3OO0s

Did you have to pull my finger....

ConcinusMan
10-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Did you have to fart and let it linger? :p

But anyway...

Speaking of Halloween, this song was popular at my high school. You know, waaaaay back in the 1980's when dinosaurs roamed the earth.:rolleyes: For those that think Marilyn Manson is something new and different, think again. Been there, done that... decades ago. Heck, half the kids in school looked like Manson... LoL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtX9u7_6F8

infernalis
10-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Ministry really shined when Psalm 69 came out. That cd was way ahead of it's time.

103AYigJSDs

kibakiba
10-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Most kids in highschool here would give manson a heart attack. Freaking creepy people, heroin and meth addicts... But, it is granite falls after all.

infernalis
10-31-2011, 04:49 AM
R.I.P. Gary!! Rock on. Such an incredible musician.

-br2l8IPpNY

IIw4RqENjDc

http://www.reptard.info/tunes/thin.jpg

guidofatherof5
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
8LQH6UDi15s

C_whi9GmAO8

chris-uk
11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
This lass is getting a lot of time on my playlists lately:

Caro Emerald - That Man

http://youtu.be/CFA6dEwWOb4

although I think this is one her best...
Caro Emerald - The Lipstick on his collar

http://youtu.be/2gGa4kXLj6c

and I have one playlist that goes from Caro Emerald to

Alice Cooper - Poison

http://youtu.be/39lizUf71VY

They say you can tell things about a person from the music they listen to, but when I have discs of MP3s in the car that go from REM to Britney to ACDC to Def Leppard to The Corrs and on to Fleetwood Mac... I don't know what that says other than I have an eclectic taste in music.

Thoroughly recommend Caro Emerald though.

guidofatherof5
11-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Dang I'm getting old.

WXet9DBoAjw&feature=related

ZcVEOc7ZYgk

RedSidedSPR
11-09-2011, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et1vriu29Qk&ob=av2e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTcr9wKC-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5oE0ijhKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv-5snutHG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQgABsUfK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMMe5DitoA

I could go on....

guidofatherof5
11-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Please do. Always good stuff.

ConcinusMan
11-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Dang I'm getting old.

You don't exactly have a monopoly on that you know. I was only 9 but I remember when that song was new too. Thumbs up for Toto - Hold The Line.

The funniest thing I remember is when "Toto" and "Kansas" (Bands) were both on the charts at the same time.:p

Back then "The Wizard of Oz" was shown on TV every year without fail.:cool:

Stefan-A
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I suppose it's time again to demonstrate my schizophrenic taste in music with a collection of songs from my YT favourites.

OUe3oVlxLSA

NIzyoKsWTA4

5JqeSU7lSLE

NiwqRSCWw2g

mDkKyBU7GCs

cPQcnjlwtE4

UJvuvx_xzxk

ConcinusMan
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Love fleetwood Mac when Stevie Nicks is on vocals. Talking Heads was a high school favorite too.

RedSidedSPR
11-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Please do.

Out of videos, actually. Lol.... my YouTube playlist only has these remaining.:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or1aFVBEZBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1mVk5ZiEPc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz4USEBEzgc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6eep15xbkg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioGIugtYWEI

guidofatherof5
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Powerful voice, David Phelps.

ut0_tcsZVZU&feature=related

RedSidedSPR
11-16-2011, 04:39 PM
New.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFlScJ32_qw

guidofatherof5
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
MKqenACEPa8&feature=related

PINJOHN
12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Powerful voice, David Phelps.

ut0_tcsZVZU&feature=related

thanks Steve really enjoyed that one ....never heard of the feller but just like you said a great voice and i also liked the song

PINJOHN
12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Love fleetwood Mac when Stevie Nicks is on vocals. Talking Heads was a high school favorite too.

I consider these people a favorite no matter who is on the mike, i watched a documentary about them recording Rumours and it was such an interesting program, incredible to think that they could all be crowded into a tiny studio for twelve months with a changing dynamic amongst the couples and produce one of the greatest albums the world has ever seen, the lyrics are like an argument and list of snide comments flying between them all,but put together in such a lyrical and clever way, i had always loved the album but listening again after finding out just where the songs were coming from added a new level

ConcinusMan
12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I saw the documentary too. For some reason, I just don't care for fleetwood mac before Stevie joined. Pink Floyd is one of those rare bands that is great, no matter who the members are. It's all great. On a side note, if I'm not mistaken, Floyd still holds the record for the longest track title ever, too.

"Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict" Remember that one? freaky. You know they had to be high when they wrote that one.:rolleyes:

ConcinusMan
12-01-2011, 05:25 PM
speaking of "high", I just loved Stone Temple Pilots. Before their lead man quit doing heroin that is. After he quit, they sucked!

One of my favorite songs of all time. Not sure why. I just love it. To this day, I still don't have a clue what the heck he's singing about. LoL:p

Got to admire the man though. He recognized that without heroin, they suck. And on top of admitting it, he chose the higher road. The clean road, and said a graceful goodbye to his fans with the CD "Thank You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwaiYWOin_M

PINJOHN
12-02-2011, 03:57 AM
"Several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict" Remember that one? freaky. You know they had to be high when they wrote that one.:rolleyes:high?? they must have been stratospheric :cool:

infernalis
12-02-2011, 05:40 AM
high?? they must have been stratospheric :cool:

Back when I was a young and reckless teenager, That was a favourite song of mine.

RedSidedSPR
12-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Merry Christmas from TFK.:D

These crack me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xIxsme-L-E&list=FLDulsoo-ajZ4Sb45-WuPGtA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yijt6aqrO6Q

infernalis
12-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Keith Emerson of Emerson Lake and Palmer
Jeff "Skunk" Baxter - Of the Doobie Brothers & Steely Dan
Joe Walsh - Formerly with the Eagles
John Entwhistle & Simon Phillips of The Who (Phillips replace Keith Moon)

All on one stage, one night only in 1990, Tokyo Japan.

The Show was dubbed "The Best - Live in Japan" Enjoy.

xTEmldzx1xE

-ctM9giFEJ0

_3noGUcRKvk

Frank.S
01-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Sky and Sand - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcudQ_UKAbY&feature=related)

Stefan-A
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
AQ_6sGiglm4

kibakiba
01-14-2012, 03:26 AM
vSkb0kDacjs

kibakiba
01-24-2012, 12:51 PM
gViaOYgV8yI

RedSidedSPR
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't do a lot of rap, but I freaking love Eminem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-oZYMsNRVs

That one's good ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyPxpNrzP2Y

I don't like Rihanna tho.. so just skip to 1:50 .. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AQ4tjMFhKc

RedSidedSPR
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
First one's only one worth watching actually...........

RedSidedSPR
01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Annnnnnndd, i guess i should mention it's not the cleanest songs you've ever heard..............

RedSidedSPR
01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
THere. How's this. 3 Doors Down. Hell yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBzTxZQG5Q&ob=av2n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPU8OAjjS4k&ob=av2e

Weirdest ****ing videos ever........................ but awesome songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWDbQNGep8E

That will spare you the video.. =/

andycul
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
DOG TIRED AINT GOT THE TIME - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGc_KKaQiDQ)

An unsigned Scottish band that I am really enjoying just now

EasternGirl
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
I really like Eminem too Jesse...

kibakiba
01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Eminem is the only rappy sort of thing I'd listen to. I was raised on Eminem, dixie chicks and backstreet boys... Haha. Also a lot of hiphop, which I don't mind from time to time.

RedSidedSPR
01-25-2012, 10:45 PM
What brought him up was yesterday I was wearing one of those whatchmacalit's on mah head and was told I look just like marshal mathers, ie Eminem and now am being called Shady... :|

That's cool I guess. Could be worse.

Hwr words were "legit ****ing look exactly like Eminem omg" ...... I guess I do actually

kibakiba
01-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Pics or it's not true. :p

RedSidedSPR
01-26-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't think I look like him. And if this "Shady" crap continues I'm gonna get annoyed.

katach
01-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Count to 10 and walk away. ;)

kibakiba
01-26-2012, 02:23 AM
It's just something they're doing to provoke you. Show that you're better by them by laughing it off and ignoring them. I got called all sorts of horrible things that I'd never even say on the forum starred out. I just ignored it, it got worse for a while then stopped completely when they finally realized that I wasn't upset at all.

guidofatherof5
01-26-2012, 07:51 AM
I just ignored it, it got worse for a while then stopped completely when they finally realized that I wasn't upset at all.

That in itself is the secret to dealing with people like that. It's a control issue.
If they can't control(cause a response) you they move on.
Nice going Chantel.

andycul
01-26-2012, 11:07 AM
PGc_KKaQiDQ

Finally remembered how to post You Tube videos properly, lol (it's been a while) anyway this is the video that I tried to post. Unsigned Scottish band that I am really enjoying just now :)

RedSidedSPR
01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm making playslist on YouTube of my favorite groups. Why not.. lol

Eminem - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE7FC48B385792B9&feature=plcp)

Linkin Park - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL24B7070B1BB6EE48&feature=plpp)

3 Doors Down - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL071A9621F6B62ED5&feature=plpp)

Stefan-A
01-28-2012, 08:20 AM
UaEC-lWSlmI

mw0XSkpHvBE

PZfYtCLA23s

JZIVmKOdrBk

onlinegamesz
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
i also love Eminem :)

angrygamer
01-29-2012, 11:19 AM
was in a sentimental mood this morning...

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG07WSu7Q9w)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG07WSu7Q9w

...loves me some Stereolab!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdG4WpqIgvM&list=FLpckrEt8ESGvZ9pfcsM-jPA&index=20&feature=plpp_video

some old NIN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL72Tyxe1rc

PINJOHN
01-29-2012, 12:19 PM
What a talent Leona Lewis singing her version of snow patrols .. run. if you haven't got goose bumps by the time the choir comes in there in something seriously wrong with you.
Leona Lewis - Run - YouTube (http://youtu.be/jqpAgMxhx30)

infernalis
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM
u0iuaxvkXv4

ConcinusMan
02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
More stuff from my high school days. Back when CD's were just starting to appear in stores at around 30 bucks a pop and you couldn't touch a CD player for less than $500. There were no DVD's back then. The rich could afford LP-sized video disks though but often the players caught fire after prolonged use. Vinyl and cassettes were the mainstream. Even VCR's (Beta) weren't very common in households. Nobody had laptops, very few had desktops. There was no internet, no Windows, and there was no MP3 players. The digital revolution was just getting started. Some people had pagers (drug dealers and doctors only) but nobody had cell phones. Closest thing was a car phone (corded to the car) and only very rich people/limo's had them. Auto insurance was optional. Unemployment was virtually unheard of but the majority lived on minimum wage while the few got very rich (Reganomics). The cold war between U.S.A. and the Soviet Union was at it's height. The threat of global nuclear war was very real and weighed heavy on people's minds. Space shuttle launches were big news and people were glued to the T.V. whenever there was a launch. The nation weeped when the Challenger exploded shortly after launch, killing all 7 astronauts. MTV actually still aired music videos. ALL DAY EVERY DAY. These are all things I remember from those days. Now back to the music of the day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0deUyi0ql-c&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdV-5ivltkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-1DYwaxrE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Yx0X-eHn8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBnF7et1plA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGYNvx9lqDQ

ConcinusMan
02-02-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OULlWNCqDQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7t7cGwN7_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbt30UnzRWw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA5MtAmT24g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFtLONl4cNc&feature=related

ConcinusMan
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Had to slip one more in. Classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII&feature=related

angrygamer
02-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Ugh, back then I made a point to try and avoid most of those bands.

EasternGirl
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Safety Dance!!! Loved that one! I was into hardcore back then...but still had an appreciation for good stuff like B-52's and Men Without Hats...Safety Dance!

mikem
02-05-2012, 03:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG126BydKHI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3tNylJr7Z4

EasternGirl
02-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Ahhh...another good one.

andycul
02-06-2012, 12:58 AM
MMLXoobDKWs

Thanks Mikem for that Dev video, not seen that one before :D

mikem
02-06-2012, 12:09 PM
vampira! great video! i love his acousitc perfomances as well. just go on youtube and search "devin townsend acoustic". lots of good stuff to be found :)

aquamentus_11
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucOHDkSunXM

I was 8 when I first heard these guys and I have never stopped. It's pretty pitiful.

Runners up:

Radiohead, The Doors, Jethro Tull, The Sword, The Melvins, Black Lips, Electric Wizard, The Gories, Black Sabbath (only the first 3 albums though), Flipper, White Stripes, Alice in Chains, Roxette, Motown, Mudhoney, Meatmen, The Animals, Black Flag.....I like everything except country, Aerosmith, David Bowie after "The Man Who Sold the World" and 90's R&B

andycul
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
vampira! great video! i love his acousitc perfomances as well. just go on youtube and search "devin townsend acoustic". lots of good stuff to be found :)

I'm more of a SYL fan but still like some of his solo stuff :D

LeG-6bpeUkA

mikem
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
that was the song that introduced me to syl! been a fan ever since :D

Stefan-A
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM
FlDGFrP4NgI

ConcinusMan
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Ugh, back then I made a point to try and avoid most of those bands.

And I made it a point to avoid most mainstream rock during that decade. If you lived in SoCal during that time like I did, you would be quite out of place if you were a head banger.

kibakiba
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Lady looks crazy... Haha.

ConcinusMan
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
That's hilarious.

aquamentus_11
02-11-2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=xCcYVh0J_Tc&annotation_id =annotation_142174&v=Q2fdF4a59cc

One of my absolute favorites as a little kid. Got me started on The Beatles and Dark Horse very early. He's the one I miss most.

ConcinusMan
02-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I take it you saw the news? Paul McCartney finally put his star on Hollywood Blvd. It was local news for me but I'm sure it was mentioned nationally/globally.

aquamentus_11
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Weird that it took this long...

EasternGirl
02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
No one will probably agree with me on this...but my favorite band is Tool....oh, and I saw Black Flag in the 80's...I saw many punk bands in the 80's...I even hung out with a few of them because my friend was in a band that was pretty big around this area. I was very big in the punk scene back then...ahh...the good old days...

BUSHSNAKE
02-11-2012, 08:44 PM
very cool Marnie, i got to meet Henry Rollins at Rolling Stone(music shop in Chicago)...also met Robert Smith of the cure...twice, yep the good ol days!:)

aquamentus_11
02-11-2012, 09:32 PM
here's another of my favs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSRZz13YiqI

mikem
02-12-2012, 06:08 PM
i met tim armstrong of rancid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSqStkFtzGQ&feature=related

EasternGirl
02-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I've met a bunch of people. I've been to Rodney Anonymous' (Dead Milkmen) parent's house, Corrosion of Conformity stayed at my apartment...but they were jerks, I hung out with Fugazi a couple of times, met Lords of Acid, talked on the phone to Jello Biafra, and I met Lane Staley...I think I met some more people...but I can't remember right now....

BUSHSNAKE
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
What the heck Marnie? pretty bad a$$

EasternGirl
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
I was really big in the punk scene in the 80's...like...hung out with the bands big in the scene. Don't know how I'm still alive...but I sure have some crazy stories...eeeegads! I'm gonna feel old here in a minute! Oh...whatever...I'm still a rocker at heart ;).

BUSHSNAKE
02-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Chicago had an awesome punk rock scene....FLASH BACK

EasternGirl
02-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I was never around that area...just the Delaware, Philly, Baltimore, DC areas.

aquamentus_11
02-12-2012, 09:05 PM
It's funny, I didn't get into punk until the last few years. I blame it on the POS skater bands that I hated growing up that claimed to be punk (Greenday, Blink 182, etc.) Because of them, I thought I hated it. I had to get old enough to go back to listening to the bands that I liked growing up (Nirvana, Flipper, Soundgarden) and then look into the bands that influenced them before I knew real punk. Is it sad that at 29 I can still relate to it?

EasternGirl
02-12-2012, 10:05 PM
No...that is a good thing...I mean, are you asking are you too old to relate to it or to young to relate to it? You're never too old...look at some of the rockers out there...still kickin at 60 years old. Most of my friends from the old scene are in their 40's and some of them are still in punk bands...one of my friends now runs a really big club in NYC. As far as being young and not having actually been into it during that era...if you can appreciate it and understand what it's about...that's all that matters. I actually like some of the pop-punk bands, though. They aren't true hardcore, but they have there own style to offer. I think your asking if your too old though...if your too old...then I'm just plain pathetic...lol. I may not walk around with a mohawk anymore...but I will always have my punk roots...I will always relate to that music. Soccer mom on the outside...rocker within :cool:.

EasternGirl
02-13-2012, 09:54 PM
So there was this article in our local paper about this bar at the beach that is having punk bands play now...and they started talking about some of the old bands around here in the 80's. Now let me preface what I am about to say with the fact that I was wild in my teens...in my punk days, to say the least. Anyway, so in the article, it says that Bob Mould from Husker Du wrote an autobiography recently and in it he mentions his escapades in the punk scene in Rehoboth (that is the beach here) in DE in the 80's. So, I'm like..."We hung out with Husker Du in the 80's?". So, I message my friend from the old scene on facebook...and I say..."Did we hang out with Bob Mould from Husker Du in the 80's...because he claims he hung out with us." And my friend is like..."Well, we were the only punk scene in Rehoboth in the 80's...I guess so. I don't remember." So...now I have to buy this book and see what it says. Like I said...those were some wild days...for all I know...Husker Du was living in my beach house for a week.

mikem
02-14-2012, 03:21 PM
uh oh! :eek: hope the names were changed to protect the innocent...

RedSidedSPR
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
http://youtu.be/lgT1AidzRWM

http://youtu.be/j5-yKhDd64s

http://youtu.be/JByDbPn6A1o

Didymus20X6
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Lately I've taken a liking to Viking Battle Chants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVy7YPNP_zI

I like this ballad version as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbJw2R-dtxQ

kibakiba
02-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Skyrim music is pretty epic. ;)

Didymus20X6
02-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Puts me in the mood to slaughter burninators.

DOVAHKIIN! DOVAHKIIN! NOT A SINGLE SARDINE!
OBADIAH, VOCAL, NO FAR ORCHESTRAL!
EVAN OR PAUL PREDOMME, FOOD IS HAUNTING, GROSS-ON!
DOVAHKIIN, BADA-BING, COUGAR MOON DRAWL!

*insert your own "arrow to the knee" joke here*

kibakiba
02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Not a single sardine?! Oh no, I was going to use sardines to lure the dragons into my trap :/

Didymus20X6
02-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Salmon are pretty common. Use some of them. It worked for Ferris Bueller in Gojira: The American Rip-Off.

guidofatherof5
02-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Russ Lee

7mHiTVuGaKM

New Song

_ZO107ueWNE

WNkBbTMwczk&feature=related

Skillet

2Qnck1lFwjs

mikem
02-17-2012, 02:30 PM
my favorite music from any game ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5oaOOwInE&feature=related

angrygamer
02-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Best video game song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

heh I have the whole System Shock 2 soundtrack on my mp3 player...it's actually pretty good.

Also, I tried using the youtube tag, but it doesn't work for some reason. Anyone know why?

EasternGirl
02-17-2012, 04:20 PM
I haven't played WoW in forever...I keep thinking I need to get back on and play.