PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like... ?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Nir
08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Here is my contribution to this great thread. I am definately a metal fan although I listen to various music genre.

I chose three songs from three of my favorite groups. The first is Don't look too far by Anathema from the album Judgment. Definately an album in my top 5. It's great soft metal, very relax and easy listening.à

The second is a great song from death metal pionneers Edge of Sanity. The song is Blood Colored. It's from the album Purgatory Afterglow (1994).

The last is a song from my favorite band of all time, Opeth. If you like progressive metal, Opeth is for you. Best Prog Band ever!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3snZfNSYcXE?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3snZfNSYcXE?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmJOpQOWPmk?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hmJOpQOWPmk?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5LmbsVn9vA?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w5LmbsVn9vA?fs=1&amp;hl=fr_FR" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Snakers
08-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Just a bunch of white boxes......:(

ConcinusMan
08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Youtube's embedding code doesn't work any more for some reason. You have to copy just a bit of text from the end of the url. For example .youtube.com/watch?v=vSQjp3H

The red part would be what you copy and place between the youtube code brackets.

Snakers
08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
snkQliEvwfksorry I had to:D:D:D:D

guidofatherof5
08-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Nolan, you are now off my Christmas list.:mad::D

Snakers
08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
:(.........lol!

kibakiba
08-19-2010, 02:01 PM
You know... My mom loves that song. It gives me a headache. I'm headache prone, you know... How dare you! :p

No presents for you! :D

Snakers
08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
aw man.....

guidofatherof5
08-19-2010, 02:17 PM
You just had to push it, didn't you Nolan.
Now look what you've done. You'll probably get banned from the forum.:D

Stefan-A
08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
"This video contains content from LockerGnome and Sony Music Entertainment, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

guidofatherof5
08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
"This video contains content from LockerGnome and Sony Music Entertainment, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Lucky.:D

kibakiba
08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Consider yourself lucky, Stefan ;):D

Lulu Bennett
08-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I like opeth, Metallica, Murderdolls, ADTR, Lamb of God and the list goes on but i am going to add some off my girlyness to the thread now :D
I have spent the last 2 weeks listening to musicals and this is my fave song.
47dUc4iMAvQ
This is the bloke who is playing the new Phantom in Love Never Dies (the sequal to The Phantom of the Opera) Phhwwaaaar!!! :D

Chondro788
08-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Oh, I know that :) That's why I said I believed it was a cover ;). Listening to it again makes me dislike it more. It almost seems too... "messy" It's giving me a headache :p

Now I may have to take the headache comment to heart!! :D And speaking of Misfits covers by Metallica, how about Last Caress, I think Metallica actually does this one better, hell they can even do it with short hair! :p

YouTube - Metallica - Last caress (live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCjLgF9uds)

Another one of my favorite bands playing the same song...

YouTube - A.F.I. - "Last Caress" (Live - 1999) Nitro Records (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujHD_IdcFSY&NR=1&feature=fvwp)

Laura
08-20-2010, 05:59 AM
I've seen AFI everyone was dressed in white and there was lots of uv, great show

ConcinusMan
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM

Seems to happen a lot on your end stefan. Don't worry, you didn't miss a thing. Besides that, the title and thumbnail was well...deceiving. I think that one could be considered a Rickroll for sure.

Holly
08-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I've seen AFI everyone was dressed in white and there was lots of uv, great show

AFI puts on an awesome live show! They usually wear all white or all black and everything is wireless so they can move around as much as they want, into the audience and whatnot.

My husband who is a musician and producer said that their set was flawless, everything played perfectly.

kibakiba
08-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Now I may have to take the headache comment to heart!! :D And speaking of Misfits covers by Metallica, how about Last Caress, I think Metallica actually does this one better, hell they can even do it with short hair! :p

YouTube - Metallica - Last caress (live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWCjLgF9uds)

Another one of my favorite bands playing the same song...

YouTube - A.F.I. - "Last Caress" (Live - 1999) Nitro Records (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujHD_IdcFSY&NR=1&feature=fvwp)

Personally, I really dislike A.F.I. I used to love them... You know, when I was a teenager. ;) But to me it's too... I don't know, I just don't like any of it. Metallica did do it better that time ;) I couldn't watch the AFI one all the way through. It was too painful for my ears and my head.

Holly
08-20-2010, 03:42 PM
The second last AFI album was meh, the last one was awful! We listened to it twice and got rid of it. I prefer the older stuff.

Chondro788
08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
AFI is a great live band, I can't count how many times I have seen them in the past 10+ years!! Their sounds has definately morphed, but I stayed a fan and take the bad with the good. :rolleyes:

Chondro788
08-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Speaking of live bands, anyone like Bullet for My Valentine? I have never seen them live, but they will be here next month, are they good live? Its only $25 so I will probably check them out either way, but if someone has some input I'd love to hear it. :)

Lulu Bennett
08-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Speaking of live bands, anyone like Bullet for My Valentine? I have never seen them live, but they will be here next month, are they good live? Its only $25 so I will probably check them out either way, but if someone has some input I'd love to hear it. :)

I love Bullet, never had the pleasure of seeing them live though. They are playing here in Manchester, uk in December with Bring me the Horizon. I have seen BMTH live a few times and were EPIC!! so to see them both together would be awesome. Tickets here are £22.50 so i will definatly be getting my tickets :)

kibakiba
08-20-2010, 11:07 PM
I can handle a couple songs from them but I'd never, ever, ever... Pay to see them live. I'll stick to having my boyfriend pick out the really heavy metal concerts and buying me earplugs ;) He wants to take me to one when I go see him, which would be my first concert. Lol, he would probably smash my subwoofer if he heard me listen to afi.

Laura
08-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Go see fear factory, rather heavy in parts lovely and melodic in others

uJuzzT314VA

kibakiba
08-21-2010, 01:10 AM
My boyfriend introduced me to Fear Factory early in our relationship because I like really heavy industrial music, too. He calls it "stupid hard techno" But, you get the idea ;) And since I like metal its like heavy industrial and metal mashed up. Makes my ears explode with happiness. I personally love FF, I don't think I dislike any of their songs. It took me a while to get used to them but I love heavy music that nearly breaks our windows when you turn the bass up :D I just cant handle it loud for too long haha.

Chondro788
08-21-2010, 06:23 AM
I love Bullet, never had the pleasure of seeing them live though. They are playing here in Manchester, uk in December with Bring me the Horizon. I have seen BMTH live a few times and were EPIC!! so to see them both together would be awesome. Tickets here are £22.50 so i will definatly be getting my tickets :)

They are playing with Escape the Fate here, so it should be cool. ETF played last year and they were pretty good! I haven't seen BMTH but my nephew is really into them, maybe they will come here sometime soon.

Lulu Bennett
08-21-2010, 07:10 AM
They are playing with Escape the Fate here, so it should be cool. ETF played last year and they were pretty good! I haven't seen BMTH but my nephew is really into them, maybe they will come here sometime soon.

BMTH are awesome, definatly worth watching. I saw them with A Day to Remember a couple of months back. Fantastic night!

ConcinusMan
08-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Go see fear factory, rather heavy in parts lovely and melodic in others

uJuzzT314VA

I like that. Sounds so familiar even though they aren't in my collection.

I am one of those that is caught between two "worlds" if you will. Old enough to appreciate the Grateful Dead, Led Zepplin, and Pink Floyd but young enough to like rock bands of the 90's and today. All this talk of live bands reminds me...

One band I prefer live over studio is the Grateful Dead. Been to 7 concerts starting in the late 1980's and ending 2 months before Jerry Garcia's death.

Any diehard fan will tell you, "the dead are better live" Seriously, it's true. Not only that, the entire concert experience and camping out with "deadheads" was something very special. My little brother, born in 1975 experienced only 2 concerts in his teens. He now has "deady bears" tatooed on his body. That's how special the experience was.:D Where else can you see naked midgets tatooed from head to toe, and a funeral service for a case of beer bottles that fell off of a truck onto the street? How about viewing a distant wildfire in the hills of Oregon (Autzen stadium) while the dead play "fire on the mountain" followed by a sit by a muddy river while playing the dead's song "black muddy river", and that was just one night. I could go on but I had better not. It seriously changed our lives for the better.

One of the most remarkable things is the fans. The experience. Even if the dead played lousy.. fans are so friendly and create an atmosphere of brotherly love that just can't be beat. They could make the best time possible and make getting swept away by a flood or fire, a pleasant experience.:cool: fans and followers of the tours were from age 60 on down to 20!

Not their best song, but most people are familiar with "Touch of Grey"

pmT6udys8Tc

kibakiba
08-24-2010, 06:10 AM
I'm not sure I want to listen to the song you posted Richard... You already made me blow money on any Tesla album I could find :D

Odie
08-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Right now I am in to CB3 :cool:

CB-3 (Chris Berry Trio) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads (http://www.myspace.com/chrisberrytrio)
Check,em out :D

ConcinusMan
08-30-2010, 03:53 AM
OK, this post doesn't really fit well into other threads but you gotta see this. Just goes to prove that a talented person in a studio with computers can make anyone a star. They don't need to be musically talented or even know how to sing.

In order to prove the point, you first have to watch this news clip. This guy on the news was made famous on youtube by his own "character" (Dumb ghetto sterotype). Everyone got a kick out of this guy and it went viral on youtube.
vZKXAFqdlC4

Then some talented guys took that news clip and "autotuned" it and this is why I'm posting it here. This is music. they turned that dumb ghetto type a dude into a star! I mean, you have to see it. I can't explain it. This is amazing. I actually like this song, what I am I saying? track is now available on itunes and it is selling. Amazing!

TrWu13Uh2Yw

And that one spawned a punk rock version of the same song that isn't bad either!

ConcinusMan
08-30-2010, 05:04 AM
Always found that every album by Lily Allen has something fun and different on it. This particular song is different from what I expect from her with a little bit of what I do expect. this sounds a little different for her and i like it. some of the music in it reminds me of a sound I first heard by coldplay.

q-wGMlSuX_c&ob=av2e

A good track by coldplay:

skUJ-B6oVDQ

Another good one:
dztdRzWxMo4

kibakiba
08-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I love the bed intruder autotune. It's pretty catchy. The people who made it are really talented. I like their other autotunes too :D

drache
08-31-2010, 08:53 PM
I confess - I like the Cee-Lo song with the unspeakable title
it's just so frigging catchy in a motowny sort of way

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV0XrbEwNc&feature=player_embedded)

ConcinusMan
08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Isn't it though?

mustang
09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
someone say coldplay?
P5TNK-TvIcI&ob=av2e

mustang
09-01-2010, 06:50 PM
one of the most well known motivational songs!
XleOkGsYgO8&ob=av3e

ConcinusMan
09-06-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm not sure I want to listen to the song you posted Richard... You already made me blow money on any Tesla album I could find :D

Oh well allow me to feed your addiction. I mean, I already got you to buy Tesla AND more wonderful garter snakes:p 'How can you resist?'

But hey, if you like Tesla maybe you'll like this too. You'll have to click the link. Can't embed.

Poison - Nothin' But A Good Time

YouTube - Poison - Nothin' But A Good Time (2004 Digital Remaster) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JRs28-O4CY)

I know, it's "old fart" music to many of you. To me it was yesterday.

kibakiba
09-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Richard! You're making me spend money that could be used spoiling my snakes!
Old fart music, hah. Old fart music is good music. :p My boyfriend loves older rock bands. Newer bands have too many depressing songs. That's what he says. Pretty true though, a lot of the metal bands we like sing about bad breakups and death... Lol.

ConcinusMan
09-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey, I like "depressing" dark songs too.;)

f8hT3oDDf6c

"I have been guilty of kicking myself in the teeth"

ConcinusMan
09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
And now for something different. I really like these guys:

3leiVLew_vI

mustang
09-06-2010, 03:27 PM
hows this for different
wZpaNJqF4po

i dont know if iv posted this yet but this is by far the most sad and depressing song ever
bh4se9YMV3A

kibakiba
09-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm not saying you don't... I was saying the stuff my boyfriend and I listen to is pretty depressing ;)

ConcinusMan
09-06-2010, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=mustang;141749]hows this for different
wZpaNJqF4po

Ha ha. Never much cared for that guy's music but hey, I think It goes well with the discussion in the "oh so quiet" thread.:p

mustang
09-06-2010, 06:39 PM
well i dont understand how anyone cant like this song but i guess everyones got there own opinion

ConcinusMan
09-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, that song is OK I just don't like Paul Simon music generally.

The song sort of sound like a dang commercial for Nikon cameras and Kodak film. XD

But no, that's not a bad song at all.

ssssnakeluvr
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
i dont know if iv posted this yet but this is by far the most sad and depressing song ever
bh4se9YMV3A

Love that song! I have a record with a group of songs like that, called Teenage Tragedies. Has all the old tragedy songs. I'm a bit of an oldies fan :cool:

ConcinusMan
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I like it very much too. My fathers generation and music taste. He was raised in Lost Hills, CA. Kinda hard to not like some oldies when they are blasted in your ear your entire life. Same goes for my mothers music.

She literally is an Okie from Muskogee (half cherokee) that migrated to Bakersfield California (my birthplace) around 1950.

3UZUJQ5i8gk

M89c3hWx3RQ

Now that is truly 100% American music. No foreign influence there.

Ringosmama
09-06-2010, 11:46 PM
i listen to just about every kind of music really haha :) i like older music alot, but some of the new stuff i like alot!! lol

DangerMouse
09-07-2010, 05:41 AM
i have a wide range of musical intrests for playing i love ska, old style r and b before it went wrong and and good old soul. for lissening to my tastes stretch to underground hip hop i love Immortal Technique and Joell Ortiz and of Nas fo shor. anything thats signed by the ''do the dog'' label thats all kick as ska Newtown Kings, Beer Beer Orcastra, Smoke Like a Fish the list goes on, then theres good old guitar Steve Vai ,Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, Slash you know the legends and then spanish guitar Rodrego and Gabriala. allso like abit of funk Groovner Washington is great. like abit of Offsping and Guns and Roses. love some Matalica and Pantera,Ramstine and some Opeth. Cat Empire and the Knife.
good on you cazador for mentioning Sam Cook and BB King.
if anyone fansys lissening to some kick *** sinth and keyboard look up Ronald Jenkees.
oh yeah love the Eagles and good old bandjo playing.
peace xx

mustang
09-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Finnally found the full version by the artist in the dell commercial ...but it dosnt say there name.
3KaE3q3FYZI

and the simpsons one

4BDFJ7BH7ug&feature=related

Mommy2many
09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
great song!
Sorry it has to exploited by "The Simpsons"

mustang
09-10-2010, 06:33 PM
i loved 5hat part from the simpsons i was rolling haha

mustang
09-10-2010, 07:11 PM
heres the live oogie boogie sung by the original singer(aniversary screening)
2Iv5NLYsBbQ&NR=1

and heres the cartoon movie version it originally came from
Yw0aoVpFCDw&NR=1

Selkielass
09-11-2010, 08:39 AM
I *love* that scene!
It's always reminded me of this one from 'Little Shop of Horrors'.

YouTube - Feed Me (Git It) - Little Shop of Horrors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGRN39oifsE)

kain
09-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Malice Mizer = Mana and Gackt are awsome artsists

infernalis
09-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Lucky boa constrictor... (A few minutes into the video)

JkV4U6kmsGY

sJ3kVtd2CCA

yydlX7c8HbY

36hgFeR0tFM

kibakiba
09-24-2010, 01:09 PM
I feel bad for that boa. Poor thing being manhandled by a... nevermind. But, I like Rammstein a lot.

ConcinusMan
09-25-2010, 12:19 AM
I get that. I feel sorry for the guy with a foot in his mouth, but hey, "To ich will his own"

I really like this one. cracks me up.:)

sCEZ2m9o7vc

kibakiba
09-25-2010, 12:37 AM
That is hilarious. So hilarious my filling fell out... :eek:

infernalis
09-25-2010, 05:54 PM
bzdv_5mSaQc

Rgww1XEH-P8

FbifrXX2Ltw

ConcinusMan
09-25-2010, 08:50 PM
^ ^ excellent X 33.333
^ ^
^ ^

:D:D:D

mustang
10-10-2010, 09:27 AM
everyone should love this
7E82ozXyNjk

infernalis
10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
trying to make people feel old??

Those of us who remember the days before "reality killed the video star" saw that a dozen times a day...

count dewclaw
10-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Not sure how to embed(?) videos, but here are a couple links:

YouTube - Newsboys - He Reigns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT_kAD6cOg)

YouTube - Skillet - Whispers in the dark (Official Music Video HD) Subtitles English,Español,Deutsch,Italiano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WhAfZphQQ&feature=related)

mustang
10-11-2010, 07:56 AM
trying to make people feel old??

aint that the job of the youth of america?

guidofatherof5
10-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Not sure how to embed(?) videos, but here are a couple links:

YouTube - Newsboys - He Reigns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT_kAD6cOg)

YouTube - Skillet - Whispers in the dark (Official Music Video HD) Subtitles English,Español,Deutsch,Italiano (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8WhAfZphQQ&feature=related)

Love Skillet.
Thanks for posting both of those.

How about this one from Casting Crowns. Every married man should see this.
"All they ever wanted was you"
DumlIIHSrsQ&ob=av2e

kibakiba
10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Skillet is great, I love their music. :D

ConcinusMan
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
everyone should love this

Actually, if I may chime in...

I find that song very annoying:mad:

mustang
10-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Actually, if I may chime in...

I find that song very annoying:mad:
auuggghh always with the cons u dont like paul simon or lover boy geez. how do your snakes put up with you:rolleyes:

kibakiba
10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
I cant stand that song. My crickets all got scared when the song played and my snakes hid. You scared all of my animals. :( Poor things are scarred for life.
;)

ConcinusMan
10-12-2010, 04:44 PM
auuggghh always with the cons u dont like paul simon or lover boy geez. how do your snakes put up with you:rolleyes:

I think it might help that they don't have ear openings, but that's just a guess:rolleyes:

mustang
10-14-2010, 07:20 PM
guess what song im learning to play on piano! if you said your song then your right!
mTa8U0Wa0q8&a=GxdCwVVULXfNDJspHvSOHR8cL3JJOazM&list=ML&playnext=1

mustang
10-16-2010, 06:17 PM
i know most of the people in this what do you think (its my school choir)(i didnt know if it was during my high school term or not but i heard a few select people and on the comments it said 2010!) theyre amazing in my opinion (i may try to join next year)
1Qfx0r0NBB4

mustang
10-26-2010, 07:55 PM
you wont believe what i have played and listened to and had stuck in my head the past 2 weeks!

mustang
10-26-2010, 07:59 PM
you wont believe what i have played and listened to and had stuck in my head the past 2 weeks!
lu3VTngm1F0&feature=related
pIgZ7gMze7A&ob=av3e

ConcinusMan
10-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Love this one. Funny as heck...

(No embedding allowed so click and wait for ad)

Weird Al Yankovic - Do I Creep You Out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_U377vst5o&ob=av2n)

Thamnophis
10-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Mudcrutch

Mommy2many
10-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Mustang is pulling out all the songs from my youth. I will admit that I love those songs! So there!:eek:

mustang
10-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Mustang is pulling out all the songs from my youth. I will admit that I love those songs! So there!:eek:
hahaha you git good taste!
this song is a spoof on bicycle by queen its called bisexual by bob rivers its funny but due to how much and what type of humor is in it im just gonn post a link YouTube - Bob Rivers - Bisexual (Queen Parody) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNvk9OEmyZ8)

you choose to watch it or not, this dosnt go with any of my beliefs etc. i just think its funny:D

guidofatherof5
10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Looks like youtube is offline at this time.

mustang
10-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Looks like youtube is offline at this time.im on it right now?

guidofatherof5
10-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Here's a true one, I mean funny one:D
LO2eh6f5Go0

mustang
10-30-2010, 11:18 AM
i love that one!! he also sang this
XpFD-kgQxnI
OH I SEE THE YOUTUBE PROB!!!!!!!!!! the button wont work all the time (gotta refresh the page or type new stuff in the message box before you click it)

HazAnga
10-30-2010, 04:22 PM
lmfao!!! that is hilarious!

Thamnophis
10-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Last few hours been listening to:

Frank Zappa
Kids Eat Crayons
Pink Floyd
The Muffin Men

mustang
10-31-2010, 07:06 PM
0thH3qnHTbI happy halloween

ConcinusMan
11-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Just another taste of 80's rock nostalgia for your listening enjoyment:

kHLXnyY537c

Like Robert said... growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.:p

My parents overhear me listening to this "stuff".. they say, "You still listen to that stuff? I always thought you would grow out of it by now"... or something to that effect. Well, you never grow out of good music. And what is good music transcends generations, doesn't it? After all, I like some of the music they listened to when they were teens!

About the band: Active on RCA from 1984 to 1989, (I was age 14-19) they sold 1.5 million records and were awarded gold with their "Sign In Please" album. They have toured with Motley Crue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motley_Crue), Heart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_%28band%29), Aerosmith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerosmith), Ronnie James Dio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_James_Dio), Van Halen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Halen), Bryan Adams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Adams), and Whitesnake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitesnake).

Who doesn't like them all?

infernalis
11-16-2010, 12:47 AM
I remember that video from way back when Martha Quinn was a VJ...

Back before "Reality killed the video star"

and Dee Snyder hosted a "metal show" on friday nights.

ConcinusMan
11-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Ahhhh... Martha.. what a hottie

mustang
11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
we seem to be lacking true awesome classic rock
HK_TXfKfyag
EDolGOLPzdo
XWhInhE6emE&feature=related
3_2nEYw-P6k&feature=related
K2nRiGoq9XU
uIPS4LyveJs

ConcinusMan
11-28-2010, 01:51 PM
nlDPPu53V80

ConcinusMan
11-28-2010, 05:23 PM
ZRf8VV_iIwo

ConcinusMan
11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
This song is rather twisted like myself and so, I've always liked it, and always liked "The Smiths"

j5b_V68mQ9k

This song might sound familiar to you if you ever watched the show "Charmed". This is the original version:

_U5HpeA_WSo

guidofatherof5
12-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Go Fish. Great group.

IAckfn8yiAQ&feature=related

guidofatherof5
12-02-2010, 09:31 PM
A beautiful song by the late Dan Fogelberg. May he rest in peace.
This is a song to be listened to in the quiet of ones thoughts.

daZhgvIu3UM&feature=related

Mommy2many
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Love that song, Steve.
Also, another favourite, "Hard to Say" by the same artist.

YouTube - Hard To Say - Dan Fogelberg 2003 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyrMUB4bXbA)

RedSidedSPR
12-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm with you Mustang! Rock/Pop is what I usualy listen to, but I like all kinds.

mustang
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm with you Mustang! Rock/Pop is what I usualy listen to, but I like all kinds.
awesome!!!!!! im right on something!!!!!!!!
as for other awesomeness heres some softie love songs that kick @$$!!!:D
hq2KgzKETBw
8v626CMvM5Q(i know its not the album verson but this live one is something awesome!)
705LEH3j2g0
6yGCHPmfqT0
(this one makes me laugh and go eeewwwww at the same time:eek:(watch through the ending))

ConcinusMan
12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Callie Moore - Zen Garden

For those of you familiar with youtube's "shaytards", this is mommy tard's sister. Awesome song.

ezSzcCLulYU

ConcinusMan
12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Love this song
F9rm1nfG4Gc

infernalis
12-23-2010, 10:17 PM
I have that CD.. good stuff

guidofatherof5
12-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Hope you enjoy.

wcDaNRLY4Zs

0QXmbV1YdfE&feature=related

avUTaohfc3U&feature=related

infernalis
12-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Here is a rare treat... Enjoy.

RXCEdrnaFlY

Forgive the quality of the next clip, it was live on MTV 1986, so the only existing copies are VHS from old 2 head decks.

k2G1trha8Eg

andycul
12-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I could make a huge list of bands that i like but i will limit myself to my top10, lol :D.
Iron Maiden, Testament, Pantera, SYL, Disturbed, Wierd Al Yankovich, Megadeth(the older stuff), Black Sabbath (Ozzy era), Jimi Hendrix, Black Stone Cherry.
Like i said there are loads more but dont want to bore everyone with a huge list :D

andycul
12-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Oops forgot to put Threshold Sicks on the list :)

ConcinusMan
12-25-2010, 01:13 AM
50 lashes with a wet noodle.^^^

Merry Christmas everyone!

t039p6xqutU

1:39 to 1:45 cracks me up!:p

infernalis
12-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Vrd9p47MPHg

roswald
12-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Rob Zombie, Seether, AC/DC, Type O Negative, Uriah Heep to name a few.

kibakiba
12-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Those are some good songs, Steve. I love Skillet. Comatose is one of the first songs I had ever heard from them and it's been my favorite for a few years.

guidofatherof5
12-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Those are some good songs, Steve. I love Skillet. Comatose is one of the first songs I had ever heard from them and it's been my favorite for a few years.

My oldest daughter got me started on them. She met them and worked on stage for them at a concert. She spend 3 days at the festival and worked the stage for a large number of Christian groups. It was a great experience for her and her youth group.

guidofatherof5
12-25-2010, 11:45 PM
nZiiW2tLxEU

kibakiba
12-25-2010, 11:54 PM
When I was a DJ someone requested 2 songs from Skillet and I hadn't heard their music... But I had heard about it and instantly hated them, but I played the songs and to my surprise, I loved them. :D

ConcinusMan
01-04-2011, 01:23 PM
The Final Cut... (album)

Simply brilliant. A masterpiece.

P3PIG6XXIdw

WKKOsVS3VQ4

mustang
01-08-2011, 06:40 PM
aE41YRT0N3k
ACE OF BASE IS BACK WITH TWO http://www.texasreptiles.com/images/hottest_banner.gif
VOCALIST:D:D:D:D

infernalis
01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
The Final Cut... (album)

Simply brilliant. A masterpiece.

Leftovers from "The Wall" (outtakes)

but you knew that right?

infernalis
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
This whole show is freaking awesome. RIP Ronnie, you were larger than life!

Kept right on performing until the cancer took his life.:(

If you do bit torrents, just search "Rockpalast" Heaven and Hell will be close to the top search result. It's well worth downloading.

kDItgSfVZ7g

EasternGirl
01-08-2011, 08:27 PM
My favorite band is Tool...I'm really into industrial, thrash, alternative, goth and old school punk. But I love all kinds of music from classical to classic rock.

Chantel...you were a DJ? I used to be really big into the club scene in Philadelphia. What kind of music did you spin? That is so awesome....

infernalis
01-08-2011, 08:35 PM
My favorite band is Tool.......

Have all of it, and Perfect Circle too.

MJK is one heck of a vocalist.

I know a guy who named his snake Maynard.:cool:

kibakiba
01-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Online DJ, I did various things, it would depend on who I was playing for and what day it was. Sometimes it was jazz, blues and the like all the way to death metal and techno. My boyfriend hates that DJing opened up my like to music to more than rock and metal, he cant stand a lot of the music I listen to ;)

gregmonsta
01-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Recently I've been listening to my Christmas presents .... like the new Annihilator album .... but I've been indulging the Levellers recently .... the only band I fell to have traditional influences represented in modern music and make them work.

0mVvMopn2os

gregmonsta
01-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow .... they're still doing it too :D

KSFch9pQ4YI

BUSHSNAKE
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Black Eyed Peas RULE!

ssssnakeluvr
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
my wife and girls like them..... I'm a Motley Crue fanatic :cool:

ConcinusMan
01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Black Eyed Peas RULE!

Sure, sure.

U6XFwMyPoBo

Joe, please tell me you said that just so you would seem cool to the kids.:rolleyes:

Mindless dribble it is, IMHO.

Mix
01-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I saw the Levellers live last year (I think), and they've still got it! May be going to see them this year, too. Yay!
They definitely have a sound like no other, and their songs feel like freedom.

BUSHSNAKE
01-12-2011, 01:37 PM
where is the love.....Richard,,,ha ha get it?

riley_napalm
01-12-2011, 04:01 PM
i'm new to the forum, but music is my thing! i'm in a ministry-based deathcore band. [sounds like an oxymoron right?] however, i listen to a VERY wide variety of stuff from crass, conflict, discharge, blanks 77 to impending doom, through the eyes of the dead and sleeping giant to fleet foxes, bon iver, manchester orchestra and frightened rabbit and then hatebreed, terror, and maddball. i will say the only thing i don't like is country music. i also LOOOOOVE reggaton and other latin/spanish influenced music. give me some kumbia all starz and we're good!

gregmonsta
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I saw the Levellers live last year (I think), and they've still got it! May be going to see them this year, too. Yay!
They definitely have a sound like no other, and their songs feel like freedom.

:rolleyes: I'll have to make an effort next time they come around then. Been listening to the live album for the last week :D

infernalis
01-17-2011, 07:53 PM
This one is haunting me again lately...

If it's not painfully obvious, Phil Collins produced and played drums on this. (Think "in the air tonight") & Daryl Stuermer(Of Genesis & Phil solo fame) is the guitar man. The whole album was recorded in the same studio with the same sound engineer as Genesis & Phil from 1980 on...

-pdf8pnW5Ro

ConcinusMan
01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
This one is haunting me again lately...

If it's not painfully obvious, Phil Collins produced and played drums on this. (Think "in the air tonight") & Daryl Stuermer(Of Genesis & Phil solo fame) is the guitar man. The whole album was recorded in the same studio with the same sound engineer as Genesis & Phil from 1980 on...

-pdf8pnW5Ro

One of very few 45's I still own ^^^

Got it as a gift on my 14th birthday. :D Hasn't been played in 20 years at least.:rolleyes:

But that's only because I haven't had turntable since then.:p

infernalis
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM
I have a big box of 45's. All wrapped in plastic sleeves and never get played.

Darn thing is, the value is dropping, not going up.

Every time a new box set comes out with re-mastered sound, the desire to own the 45's goes down.

I used to have a whole stack of BBC albums (Live concerts) that were worth hundreds of dollars each, dang box sets killed them too.

I dumped them on ebay while I could still get 3 digit price tags, However it is depressing to sell a record for $300 when I paid $500 for it back in 1990.

ConcinusMan
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
The only records I still have wrapped in plastic is Pink Floyd - The Wall. (LP)

Picked it up for $30 off some dude who was desperate for a buck, back in the early 90's. I knew that even then, it was worth way more than that.

Thing is, I have no idea what it's worth now. You just can't buy it. Nobody is selling it that I know of.

Guy had every floyd album known to exist. Most of them unopened but that's all the money I had. Very regrettable.

infernalis
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
An original "Dark Side Of The Moon" LP pressed in pink vinyl is worth over $100 now (if the disc is still mint).

ConcinusMan
01-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I have that album but it's not pink and quite well worn.:cool:

infernalis
01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Then I'm sorry to say, it would sit in a thrift store until it grew wings and flew away on it's own.

It's worth more as sentimental value to you, show it to todays youth and tell them that we didn't have any Ipods back then.

Most conventional "record stores" are extinct these days.

Remember when "record town" and "Sam Goody" stores had walls of gate-fold records and many were imports?

Showing my age again, but those were the days.

infernalis
01-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Here you go Richard, I played this old VHS tape til it was worn out back in the day when I used to care a lot less about the health of my brain cells.

I lived in an apartment at the time, and the neighbours got really upset when this song started pounding out of my big speaker columns at 3:00 am.

Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister used to play in this band before he started motorhead.

E6QCcb9Xqtg

Here is a video they did with a big python in it, way back when LSD was popular.

sqXb7A6lDzM

a vid with Lemmy in it, singing. Look how stoned the band is.... especially the drummer.

0tDgzBd2hD4

ConcinusMan
01-18-2011, 12:12 PM
"Trippy" ;) ^^^

Remember when "record town" and "Sam Goody" stores had walls of gate-fold records and many were imports?

Showing my age again, but those were the days.

Sure I do. Also remember when a music CD was around $30 but you still had the option of vinyl or cassette. Wasn't that just last month?

infernalis
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
"Trippy" ;) ^^^

Sure I do. Also remember when a music CD was around $30 but you still had the option of vinyl or cassette. Wasn't that just last month?

seems that way.

remember when all the CD's had the notice on the back about the tape hiss from the original making it to the disk?

then Rush released "Moving Pictures" all in digital from start to finish.

mustang
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
none of us have paid tribute to john williams!!!!!!!!!

qgnCnIt2aPg

infernalis
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
none of us have paid tribute to john williams!!!!!!!!!

There are times you surprise me. This is one of them.

Great to see someone your age actually give a hoot about a classical composer / conductor.

mustang
01-18-2011, 08:30 PM
music theory ap has really heightened my appreciation of such composers :)

infernalis
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Most modern rock is fashioned after classical.

ConcinusMan
01-18-2011, 10:54 PM
FNrQOUtXYOo

qizzWjes_dY

mustang
01-19-2011, 09:46 AM
yup! were doing boroque area music now and iv allready related it to lots of other works

ConcinusMan
01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
HKmmNr_8bxs

kibakiba
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
I love Three Days Grace. I have all of their albums and I like every single song of theirs. :D

ConcinusMan
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Their latest album isn't even two years old yet. I waited 16 years for this and it's already an instant classic. This CD will still be playing on the radio many decades from now. Go AIC!

SBcADQziQWY

ConcinusMan
01-21-2011, 03:41 PM
More from "Live"

xsJ4O-nSveg

Mix
01-21-2011, 04:12 PM
I Alone is the very last song we danced to at our wedding reception. :D Had to end on a good one!

This is quite possibly my favourite track. Capt Midnight, by Tomahawk:

Capt Midnight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6N7H1OWm0)

And a Faith No More (my all time favourite band) one for good measure:

Stripsearch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xakANDMWGyA&feature=&p=09CC7F292155A9BC&index=0&playnext=1)

I just love Mike Patton. The man's a musical genius, in my books. :p

I'm sorry, I am not having success at working out the youtube posting :(

Mix
01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
It has been explained ;)

nw6N7H1OWm0

9-b3j0Q_DTk

Snakeknot
01-23-2011, 09:55 AM
I have recently become a Nightwish convert. Its insane! I can't get enough of this group! Even if I DO have to go to the library to view their videos. Of course I just found out they got new singer---like in 2005! I am so outta touch!

Devon

mustang
01-23-2011, 01:13 PM
cant agree with you more!:D

guidofatherof5
01-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Harry Nilsson, the later years.
Looks like some poor lip syncing going one.

EvJ9Yxef5zI&feature=related

erinlovessnakes
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
My favorite music is well I have a lot of music that I like so I don't really know.
:p

kibakiba
01-23-2011, 03:55 PM
I love Nightwish. I miss Tarja, the original singer. She was the one that got me into that band. She made it really unique. The newer girl is just okay.

Mix
01-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Nightwish ar efantastic, but I haven't got any of their post-Tarja stuff. The new one sounds a bit too 'sweet', perhaps.

Snakeknot
01-23-2011, 07:13 PM
The new singer kinda looks like my equine vet but with long hair. I LOVE their song "The Islander". I thought getting one of their albums would stop the craze but it hasn't. Must be getting soft in my old age.

Devon

andycul
01-24-2011, 03:14 PM
YouTube - Iron Maiden in the harp - Fear of the Dark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMXccLCXO-Y)

Cant figure out how to post you tube vids like everyone else is doing :confused: but here is a link to a fantastic version of a great Iron Maiden song :D

Stefan-A
01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I7bAuzNTIBs

Stefan-A
01-24-2011, 03:18 PM
YouTube - Iron Maiden in the harp - Fear of the Dark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMXccLCXO-Y)

Cant figure out how to post you tube vids like everyone else is doing :confused: but here is a link to a fantastic version of a great Iron Maiden song :D
Click "Go advanced", click the YouTube icon and paste what's in the video's url AFTER this part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Or quote somebody else's post and see how they did it.

guidofatherof5
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I go to Youtube and choose my video. From the URL address I high-lite everything after the = sign. Then I hit the Cntrl + "C" key to copy it to my clipboard then it's off to Thamnophis.
Once I'm at the thread I want to post to I click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the message area.
Then I put in whatever text I want.
Now it's time to hit the Youtube icon(just to the lower left of the spellcheck). Now you'll see your cursor flashing between two brackets. Hit the Cntrl + "V" to paste the URL you copied.
Hit the preview button to see if it looks the way you want.
Hope this help.

infernalis
01-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I had already made this image, hope it helps.

txqiwrbYGrs is the video ID, that's all you need.

http://www.ssnakess.info/help/rightway.gif

this line has too much in it

http://www.ssnakess.info/help/wrongway.gif

andycul
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
VHILdLRVOjM

WOO HOO I got it to work!!! :D:D thanks for the help guys. As you can probably tell I'm a bit useless with computer type stuff, lol :D

kibakiba
01-25-2011, 05:16 PM
I also love Apocalyptica, I find their music is pretty unique to what I normally hear.

andycul
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I also love Apocalyptica, I find their music is pretty unique to what I normally hear.

I first heard of them back when they did covers of metal songs. I love how they sound, a lot of times if you didnt know it was cellos you would think they are playing electric guitars

Stefan-A
01-26-2011, 01:48 PM
IClGbW4Nj2g

andycul
01-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Xqypqm8dTus
MMLXoobDKWs

ConcinusMan
01-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I never get tired of this song:
Lgoz3XkW1UM

I know these guys personally. They're a lot of fun to hang out with. They recently got back from a world tour! They're back home in Portland, OR and recording a new album as we speak. Awesome.

nTcihBUWIVA

guidofatherof5
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
tVLHTqdkwZ0

SwlAdEnT-do&feature=relmfu

ConcinusMan
01-28-2011, 08:29 PM
tVLHTqdkwZ0

Me likes!:D Listened thrice!

ConcinusMan
01-29-2011, 03:33 PM
This is hilarious. I think they did a fantastic job on the vocals. Sounds like the real thing! And the lyrics..."was just an end piece" LOL!

5sj6sjdzQco

ConcinusMan
01-30-2011, 12:56 AM
qHm9MG9xw1o

mustang
01-30-2011, 03:24 PM
SmijKjosplM
i just learned how to play this and i found out that all the fliers around school were apparently getting getting stringed instrament players for this i was screaming
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
BETTER VERSION BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is called requim for a dream not requim for a war(the vid is called requim for a war)
fb5kcOgn4iM

mustang
01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
KENNY LOGGINS IS STILL GOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goin to the danger zone that is
BSKcsw53ruo

heres the original studio version when it first came out
iPYF2p-cGx8

ConcinusMan
02-01-2011, 12:41 AM
I do realize how old it makes me sound but I was a teen when "Top Gun" was being filmed. I also just happened to attend a high school in "Fighter town, USA" at the time.

The scenes in the movie where they are training, shooting at the targets was shot in a canyon less than a mile from my school. Sometimes we would "ditch" the last few periods. We had an open campus, meaning, students could leave campus at lunch time. Sometimes when we would ditch the afternoon classes, we'd go right up to the edge of that canyon (ignoring the govt. property and "restricted area" warnings) and watch the fighter jets use live rounds during their training. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I saw that action in the training scene, and in the same location, first hand, from 1983-1987. We had a birds eye view. It was great. I'll never forget the fact that most of the time, they missed their targets, and the ammo was live. You could hear the "BOOM" for miles.

The fact that we were supposed to be in school, and definitely not supposed to be watching the training made it all that much more fun and memorable.:D

We did eventually get caught by military police and handed over to campus police for ditching school. Good thing our fathers were on active duty in the military and we had military dependent I.D.'s or we might have been mistaken for spies! LoL.:D

Then there was the time in summer of 1987... a friend and I got onto the Navy base at 32nd street in San Diego. Back then you could do that with a military ID even if you were just a dependent. I climbed into a Humvee and the keys were in it. Naturally, I started it up...

Don't even get me started on the times we skipped school and walked across the border into Mexico...

oh, the stories I could tell you are unbelievable but true.:p

That music you just posted brings up memories of some wild times! I guess you could say I went "into the danger zone" on more than one occasion.:p

mustang
02-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I do realize how old it makes me sound but I was a teen when "Top Gun" was being filmed. I also just happened to attend a high school in "Fighter town, USA" at the time.

The scenes in the movie where they are training, shooting at the targets was shot in a canyon less than a mile from my school. Sometimes we would "ditch" the last few periods. We had an open campus, meaning, students could leave campus at lunch time. Sometimes when we would ditch the afternoon classes, we'd go right up to the edge of that canyon
we have open luch for JRs and Seniors....(fish and sophmores sneak off anyways) and we run outa money:D
im a JR so i can go off when i please (during lunch)

ConcinusMan
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah, it was supposed to be Jr/Sr only but good luck enforcing that. Anyway, it was Serra Sr. High in Tierrasanta. Awesome school, and what time to be attending. I loved it there.

gregmonsta
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Time for some shameless self-promotion :rolleyes:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/gregmonsta/Albumflyer.jpg

Three of the album tracks can be checked out on our myspace - www.myspace.com/thresholdsicks (http://www.myspace.com/thresholdsicks)

guidofatherof5
02-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Best of luck, Greg.;)

gregmonsta
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Best of luck, Greg.;)

Cheers :D ... keeping fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes crossed.

guidofatherof5
02-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Cheers :D ... keeping fingers, toes, legs, arms and eyes crossed.

Always have my eyes crossed:D

andycul
02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
rpEgQ3b_Ug0

A band that Greg has got me hooked on, lol :D

PINJOHN
02-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Time for some shameless self-promotion :rolleyes:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/gregmonsta/Albumflyer.jpg

Three of the album tracks can be checked out on our myspace - www.myspace.com/thresholdsicks (http://www.myspace.com/thresholdsicks)

just spotted your "shameless self promotion" hope all goes really well,
If your a heavy metal band of any worth i should be able to hear you here in Liverpool, i will be listening out on the night ;)

gregmonsta
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
just spotted your "shameless self promotion" hope all goes really well,
If your a heavy metal band of any worth i should be able to hear you here in Liverpool, i will be listening out on the night ;)

Fingers crossed ;) .... we're putting an English tour together for June.

ConcinusMan
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
E-ve_sgdgZs

guidofatherof5
02-11-2011, 01:21 PM
The Mac is awesome.

wTqNj8YnQV4&feature=relmfu

count dewclaw
02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
My daughter found these "history lessons" set to music, we've been having fun listening to them.

bQ8A5gRe_Dw&NR=1

wXsZbkt0yqo&NR=1&feature=fvwp

They have even more....

guidofatherof5
02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
fX20vnf5hH4&feature=related

Reptar!
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I love all sorts of music. And if I put them into like a top five the range gets kinda nutty.

1. Incubus
2. City and Colour
3. Haste the Day.
4. Funeral for a Friend.
5. Alexis is on Fire

Not always in that order. But those are the bands I listen to the most

ConcinusMan
02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
My daughter found these "history lessons" set to music, we've been having fun listening to them

I found those very entertaining.:D

Incubus was great in they're early days but they lost my favor and went downhill later IMHO. You don't have to buy entire CD's these days (thankfully) I was not willing to do that for just these 3 songs because I thought too much of their stuff was just garbage. I do have these 3 though. Still like these tracks very much. Just never heard anything I like by them after 2001.

PXzuDXZwZtI

8295rOMvtQI

fgT9zGkiLig

Reptar!
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah. I really enjoy Incubus. Probably my favorite band. I have all their stuff on my ipod. I usually just have it on as background noise. My friends and I are usually playing pool or cards or something. So its always just there. But we listen to all sorts of stuff.

kibakiba
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
The only songs I really like from incubus are "drive" and "wish you were here" the other songs are just okay for me.

Reptar!
02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Those are probably my two favorites. Stellar is pretty good if you like wish you were here. I enjoy almost all of them. For me music has only interested me if the lyrics are really good. I pay attention to the words more than anything. Thats why I love Incubus. I love what they are saying.

ConcinusMan
02-23-2011, 02:16 AM
You'll find that my taste in music spans decades and genres. I like this very much too:

ux2npli7uTA

kibakiba
02-23-2011, 03:42 AM
My DJ friend who DJs at raves in Seattle rekindled my love of Bassnectar...
I usually only like rock and metal, but after working for a trance radio station for a while, I kind of like the music I had to play. I also enjoy listening to her boyfriend when he's DJing online. It's cool music.
JRftXCiqfQ8

ConcinusMan
02-23-2011, 03:59 AM
Wow. That sounds killer though PC HD audio and high-end Hi-fi headphones.

kibakiba
02-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Indeed. I like it on my 11 inch sub :D I'm glad I started talking to her again, she's taught me a lot about music and she shares a lot of the artist names that she plays, so I have music I want to buy. :p

ConcinusMan
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
kVpv8-5XWOI

mustang
02-26-2011, 07:52 PM
well it has two songs in it...if it isnt enough then TO THE OFF TOPIC THREAD THIS PERFECTION GOES:D
c2X1hf8w7qs

RedSidedSPR
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Geez, I like so many, it's hard to say.. My latest album bought is: Pillar- Fireproof, and Pillar- Where do we go from here?

guidofatherof5
02-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Geez, I like so many, it's hard to say.. My latest album bought is: Pillar- Fireproof, and Pillar- Where do we go from here?

Love Pillar and Skillet.;)

stan73
02-27-2011, 02:45 PM
I am an enormous music-lover and cannot imagine to live without it.

Some of my (old) favorites...

# Frank Zappa !!!
# Deep Purple
# Pink Floyd
# Steve Vai
# Joe Satriani

I also like frank zappa and have seen the grandmothers of invention, Jimmy carl black and ther mufffin men & steve vai live.
I also like
Captain Beefheart
The Groundhogs
Bob Dylan
Peter Green
Howlin wolf
Alex Harvey
The Band

kibakiba
02-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Maduro is awesome music, here's my favorite song from them, but I love all their music.
8cATAQZc3h8

mustang
02-27-2011, 07:51 PM
GUESS WHATS IN MY VOCAL RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(oh i signed for chior next year)
QWjWy287Y4s
and lots of billy joel songs like
CYLMN2PSI3E
heres a more recent version for comparison (this is funny:D)
A3-JdCrd71Y

ssssnakeluvr
02-27-2011, 10:09 PM
been jammin out to an old 80's hair band I love.... Enuff Z'nuff

RedSidedSPR
02-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Love Pillar and Skillet.;)
They're two of my favorites!:D You're one of the first I've known that actually know they are!

guidofatherof5
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
He ya go.

nZiiW2tLxEU

Stefan-A
02-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Dumping some of what's been accumulating on YT.

1QUfMrD4Em0

HQwm1v1R-qM

AjPau5QYtYs

pey29CLID3I

D1_xrs3PQxc

CwxN9NkaJUA

XNvl19RDqbI

PjXAGORF9JI

4bt_-R5LInU

0Z1gZf6RniE

gw8Hwz3Xumc

GfopuBaHQeI

SMXccLCXO-Y

GsJVT8Jr_pM

avCteSZK-Ec

VrZ4sMRYimw

5KJZeygsovw

hGz1f0mngsQ

N2l8KtdQ7Ek

mpqPR2Tv5Sc

6pYMZKVZ9Ws

nSAoEf1Ib58

pjmoObYFPq0

_gPuwIiM7QA

RedSidedSPR
02-28-2011, 03:16 PM
He ya go.
Why thankee... seen it before many times, but It never gets old if you like the song. Which I do. Alot. (by the way on my last post i meant to say: "the first who know who they are.")

guidofatherof5
02-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Why thankee... seen it before many times, but It never gets old if you like the song. Which I do. Alot. (by the way on my last post i meant to say: "the first who know who they are.")

I knew what you meant.
Are you a Toby Mac fan? Any Casting Crowns?

RedSidedSPR
02-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Here you go (and anyone else) Sorry if they dont work, somethings up with my cpu. Tell me if they don't, and I'll fix it.
nZiiW2tLxEU
AL8ZGEyBuNs
1mjlM_RnsVE
e3UWqtQNCeo

RedSidedSPR
02-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I knew what you meant.
Are you a Toby Mac fan? Any Casting Crowns?
Not fan fan, but I like 'em. Especially Casting Crowns. Haven't listened to much of Toby, so...

guidofatherof5
02-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Well there you go.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=guidofatherof5;152604]The Mac is awesome.

wTqNj8YnQV4&feature=relmfu[/QUOTE

[QUOTE=guidofatherof5;148844]Hope you enjoy.

wcDaNRLY4Zs

0QXmbV1YdfE&feature=related

avUTaohfc3U&feature=related

RedSidedSPR
02-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah, 'DaMac' is awesome. I've always liked him, just never really listened to much of him. Never bought any.

I've bought Pillar and Skillet though. All of Pillar, I found all them all on amazon for under $5.00 each. Bought most of them all at once. Couldn't help it.
ZcSTpyY4ZZA
k02KMwCjWYk
qe__W7tUHjM
(none of these songs have music videos sorry)

guidofatherof5
02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Very nice.

ConcinusMan
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Life is just a fantasy... right?

GylirgHFqeQ

Back in the day you could buy this only on vinyl. The single on a 78 speed record complete with pops and skips would cost only 10 bucks. :rolleyes:

RedSidedSPR
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Yet another Pillar. May be the last music video.
RebdYySOFmY

I also like Decyfer Down.. not as much as pillar/skillet though.
vr3FoR0t1WQ

mustang
03-14-2011, 11:50 AM
BEJTF3AcEp4
AMEN

(oh fyi i thought (1st impression when i heard "feel the noise" and "girls girls girls" i thought they were done by the same artist (motley crue) but theyre not...little fun fact)

andycul
03-14-2011, 11:59 AM
d9Qdj7pt7Iw
otsMXq-1xQw
A52p9jc-gOo

NikkiSixx
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
How do I get it so I can put video's on here? Like the YouTube videos.:D

Stefan-A
03-14-2011, 12:12 PM
How do I get it so I can put video's on here? Like the YouTube videos.:D
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site-news/6717-youtube-videos-posts.html

ConcinusMan
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Some "Official" music videos do not allow embedding but if that happens, we can just click on the video screen to open the youtube page.

ConcinusMan
03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
ZQ9hLOHj8ag

mustang
03-20-2011, 06:16 PM
OMG havent posted thees
aBpTedlEFsY
o89iKsKw19M
the one below is an example of how sometimes pop singers can redo an old song w/o screwing it up (just as long as they stay away from the national anthem:rolleyes:(but its true look it up ...all the pop singers screw up the star spangled banner))...Alyson Stoner i know can do a pretty decent job of redoing songs like dancing in the moonlight...thats just my opinion though and lots beg to differ
vrTuitZJa94
RKM3OmaZWvo

4dOsbsuhYGQ
ok im posting this cuz gretchen has a really good voice and reminds me of how one of my friends sings...the dude im not too sure about
o8PUprRC39o

mustang
03-20-2011, 06:35 PM
THIS IS THE ORIGINAL!!!
sR47TZdJg64

heres another remake of the song dancing in the moonlight
0yBnIUX0QAE

LOOK AT THIS TOOO:eek:
Nn3gknRXy8Q
(look at the page and lok in the must thumbed up comments on the top :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i cant believe it!!!
yall will have to see it yourselvs
YouTube - Dancing in the Moonlight - CJ Connection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3gknRXy8Q)

ITS LIKE NOONE CAN SCREW UP THE SONG!!...
ok they got close to doing it with this one though
ShqN_YlKmbU

NikkiSixx
03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/site-news/6717-youtube-videos-posts.html

Thank you... :-) I just have to find the video now.. lol :-)

ConcinusMan
03-30-2011, 11:54 AM
aWyeVfuolT4

4yf2WP6K1gQ

NikkiSixx
03-30-2011, 12:50 PM
THIS IS THE ORIGINAL!!!
sR47TZdJg64

I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!! It is definitely on my top. :-):D

ConcinusMan
03-30-2011, 12:57 PM
A-oh-tP6RvA

Falcon
04-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Hello there...
Well, my musical taste are quit a few...
I grew up listening Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Def Leppard, Metallica, because of my older brother.
But I can´t deny I danced a lot with NKOTB and therefore BSB and N´sync (shame on me!
I´m in love with Bryan Adams, but I do love U2, Garbage, Placebo, Melissa Etheridge, Esperanza Spalding, Etta James, Aretha Franklin, Alanis Morrisette... of course, The Beatles. What else? Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Aerosmith -so what?- Pink, Amanda Palmer... and many more, I guess.
In spanish, I do love Joaquín Sabina, Mecano, Miguel Bosé... And above all, I´m in love with my folclore music: son jarocho (La Bamba and stuff like this)

Falcon
04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
BEJTF3AcEp4
AMEN

(oh fyi i thought (1st impression when i heard "feel the noise" and "girls girls girls" i thought they were done by the same artist (motley crue) but theyre not...little fun fact)

Great song!
Do you remember the "I remember you" video song? I loved it!

Falcon
04-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I also like frank zappa and have seen the grandmothers of invention, Jimmy carl black and ther mufffin men & steve vai live.
I also like
Captain Beefheart
The Groundhogs
Bob Dylan
Peter Green
Howlin wolf
Alex Harvey
The Band

Hello Stan.
Nice favorites, ah?
I´ve got this friend of mine, he almost cried when Cptn. Beefheart passed away... and he DO love Zappa. He lend me some cds, boy the man is good!
Have a nice weekend...

Falcon
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
This song is rather twisted like myself and so, I've always liked it, and always liked "The Smiths"

j5b_V68mQ9k

This song might sound familiar to you if you ever watched the show "Charmed". This is the original version:

_U5HpeA_WSo

Great songs indeed!

stan73
04-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Hello Stan.
Nice favorites, ah?
I´ve got this friend of mine, he almost cried when Cptn. Beefheart passed away... and he DO love Zappa. He lend me some cds, boy the man is good!
Have a nice weekend...

Yeah Zappa was amazing

gregmonsta
04-22-2011, 05:27 AM
It's here :D

nZX6MFaaibs

guidofatherof5
04-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Tear it up, Greg.;)

TomM
04-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Just some random tunes that I've always liked:

I1wg1DNHbNU

6BM3j9pKXJ8

c5dwksSbD34

andycul
04-22-2011, 08:32 AM
It's here :D

nZX6MFaaibs

Is there anywhere your not pimping this vid? ;):p

RicMartin
04-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I grew up with classical at home and punk (GenX) in the street (in Barcelona)
So I thought I liked all types of music. Then I heard blue grass. Oh well...

In the last 10 years I've gone retro with lots of old jazz, classical flamenco, tango,
Mercedes Sosa, Celia Cruz.

I still listen to Dead Can Dance, & some Euro pop,
but metal & rap seem more fun to perform than to listen to (I have constant bad headaches, so big decibels don't help, silent snakes do help)

gregmonsta
04-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Is there anywhere your not pimping this vid? ;):p

The moon :p

ConcinusMan
04-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Just some random tunes that I've always liked:

I1wg1DNHbNU

Excellent:D

There is water at the bottom of the ocean! ORYLY?:eek:

Love these too:

xNnAvTTaJjM

YgSVTdAtNYE

ConcinusMan
04-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Z4GMUlCBgd0

zplc4Ienkws

Just love to mix it up..:confused:

7zEm-U1hC7E

drache
04-23-2011, 06:43 AM
I grew up with classical at home and punk (GenX) in the street (in Barcelona)
So I thought I liked all types of music. Then I heard blue grass. Oh well...
but how about some new grass?
YouTube - Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Sex In A Pan / The Message (http://youtu.be/dqLbemgstQA)

TomM
04-23-2011, 10:00 AM
but how about some new grass?
YouTube - Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Sex In A Pan / The Message (http://youtu.be/dqLbemgstQA)

The Flecktones are awesome! I've seen them live about 4 times and Victor Wooten's band once. Definitely some of the most interesting music to come out in the past 20 years.

infernalis
04-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Anything but the garbage promoting kids to think that they can just fornicate for no reason but fun.

The stuff our kids are listening to today is almost pornographic, and it's rubbish.

I'm no prude by any means, but come on, do we really need S&M songs on the top 40??

Stefan-A
04-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Anything but the garbage promoting kids to think that they can just fornicate for no reason but fun.
Well, they can. So did every generation since "fornication" for fun was invented back in the Miocene.

The stuff our kids are listening to today is almost pornographic, and it's rubbish.
Meh. That's been said about every type of noise since the invention of the mating call.

I'm no prude by any means, but come on, do we really need S&M songs on the top 40??
Sure, why not.

drache
04-23-2011, 04:01 PM
hm - I used to fornicate for fun
now that it's all serious business, I don't do it nearly as much

kibakiba
04-23-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm sure most people have at one point in their lives.

mustang
04-23-2011, 05:16 PM
FBRGDdcZYlk

i know i know its in japanees blah blah blah. but still its a good song!
Gundam seed & Gundam seed destiny rock as much as the guitar part starting at 00:23!!:D