PDA

View Full Version : What music do you like... ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Lulu Bennett
11-23-2008, 04:46 PM
This week I've been listening to 'The Script' a lot. They're a new Irish band, topping the UK album charts recently..... reminiscent of 'Keane' and 'Maroon 5'. Really rather good.

2 of my friends have just gone on tour with them!! so not inpressd!!! They never even introduced me :mad: lol

adamanteus
11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Irish friends?

Lulu Bennett
11-23-2008, 05:07 PM
no, look on my Facebook. Steph Lidago and Vicky O'Donnell. Lucky gits haha

Justinviper
11-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I like everything but rap and even when im drinking with friends i can get into rap...but i mostly listen to heavy stuff like carnifex, suicide silence, impending doom, as i lay dying, etc, etc....old haste the day too!!!!

snakeman
11-24-2008, 05:16 AM
I never heard of a single one of those groups.I must be getting old!

infernalis
11-24-2008, 05:59 AM
I never heard of a single one of those groups.I must be getting old!

Nothing wrong with that:eek:

There has been mention of a lot of bands I've never heard of either.

Most of what I like, well the groups are either geriatric or getting there:eek:

Several years ago I went to a radio station to do some IT work and they were in the process of converting over to a satellite feed (goodbye to the real live DJ who took requests) and the management was heaving all the Cd's into the dumpster.

Resourceful me asked the boss, and wound up making 3 trips back and forth....

There is BOXES of Cd's out in my barn for lack of room in the house.

Of course all the ones I have ever heard of or liked are in my "stash" now, but that still leaves hundreds of cd's by "bubble gum" or "Junk" bands.

Use the cases, play frisbee with the discs.

adamanteus
11-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Just thought I'd share some great lyrics with you.......:)

Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move,
Got some words on cardboard, got your picture in my hand,
Saying "If you see this girl, can you tell her where I am"?
Some try to hand me money they don't understand,
I'm not broke.... I'm just a broken hearted man.
I know it makes no sense, but what else can I do,
How can I move on when I'm still in love with you?

'Cos if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
And your heart starts to wonder where on this Earth I can be,
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet,
And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.

So I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.

Policeman says "Son, you can't stay here",
I said "There's someone I'm waiting for, if it's a day, a month, a year,
Gotta stand my ground even if it rains or snows,
If she changes her mind this is the first place she will go.

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,

So I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.

People talk about the guy
Who's waiting on a girl...
There are no holes in his shoes
But a big hole in his world...

And maybe I'll get famous as 'The Man Who Can't be Moved',
And maybe you won't mean to, but you'll see me on the news,
And you'll come running to the corner...
'Cos you'll know it's just for you.

I'm the man who can't be moved
I'm the man who can't be moved...

And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,

So I'm not moving...
I'm not moving.

Going back to the corner where I first saw you,
Gonna camp in my sleeping bag, I'm not gonna move.

Snake lover 3-25
11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
what's that song called???? I think i've heard it before:p I like it :D

Stefan-A
11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
what's that song called???? I think i've heard it before:p I like it :D

The man who can't be moved :D

Snake lover 3-25
11-24-2008, 02:23 PM
o wow lol that was kind of obvious.....:o

rockstar817
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Pantera, Metallica, Motley Crue, Dangerous Toys, Megadeth

guidofatherof5
12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Casting Crowns, Switchfoot, Skillet, Sanctus Real, Toby Mac.

adamanteus
12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Got Sea-Sick Steves' album for my birthday.... love it!:D

jitami
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
NICE James!!! Thanks for the great Christmas gift idea for hubby!!! He's gonna love it, too!

jitami
12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Btw, James, is St Louis Slim on your album? My birthplace is mentioned in that song :)

Stefan-A
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Nice gift, James. :)

Bought myself Serj Tankian's Elect The Dead a few weeks ago.

adamanteus
12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
is St Louis Slim on your album?

Certainly is!:D

jitami
12-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Somethin' about pickin' chokes in my hometown :) Well, more my mom's hometown, we moved one town over when I was 9 :)

adamanteus
12-05-2008, 01:09 PM
He plays a tatty old guitar, with only three strings, and they're the wrong strings, and they're in the wrong place! But he makes it sound great!
Anyone who hasn't heard him yet, look him up on you-tube, then go out and buy the album. I insist!

jitami
12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
That's about how my kid(youngest son) and his friends play guitar... not sure they would like him as much as hubby, though! lol

Just bought the album... and his older one... thanks again James :D

drache
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
the past couple of days I've been wallowing in this
YouTube - Pat Travers "Crash & Burn" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkm2WGTX220)
it's a good thing I don't live there any more
and i've found better ways to ease the pain than to paralyze my brain
it's still a cool piece of music though

jitami
03-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey James, Seasick Steve barely arrived for Christmas, but both cd's eventually made it :) Hubby loves it.... I'm a bit tired of it, but he seems like a pretty cool character :) Thanks again for the heads up :)

adamanteus
03-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm glad hubby likes it! I've been playing it again this week, to and from work.

drache
03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
i like seasick steve too

adamanteus
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I've been listening to Amy Winehouse this week too. She may be a loony, but she had a tremendous voice!

Stefan-A
03-17-2009, 02:30 PM
This week, I've been mostly listening to Deep Purple. Last week it was Pink Floyd. Who knows what colour I'll be listening to next week.

adamanteus
03-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Black Sabbath?

Stefan-A
03-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Black Sabbath is a possibility. So is White Zombie.

drache
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Al Green?
probably not, given the general mood of your selection

Stefan-A
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, Al Green seems a bit improbable. ;)

adamanteus
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
White Snake?

Stefan-A
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Probably. Listening to James Brown right now.

drache
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
David Cloverdale, previously of Deep Purple
got a thing with colours?

Stefan-A
03-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Not really. Just happened to be that I've had two "colour bands" in my CD player these last two weeks.

drache
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
not you - Cloverdale

adamanteus
03-17-2009, 03:30 PM
It's 'Coverdale' isn't it, Rhea?

gregmonsta
03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
It sure is :) ... lol are they not playing Download festival this year? ... Living fossils ... I have to say that a lot of them are faltering now lol ... I'll still listen to the records but some of the older bands should've stopped a long time ago ... ie when they could still hit the notes live :D

drache
03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
It's 'Coverdale' isn't it, Rhea?
of course
funny getting him mixed up with the dairy

keelerskiddiecare
03-24-2009, 10:15 AM
For me there is almost nothing I will not listen to. My music choices often are depicted by my moods and whether or not I am suffering a Migraine. The only things I absolutely can not stand are Opera and Death Metal that is nothing but violent screeching to the point where you can not understand a word that is said, hence why I do not like Opera. I will listen to some of my sons' and husbands' Death Metal but only the songs that I can understand. By the same token I will listen to Country, Rap, Trance, Dance, R & B, Alternative, Pop, Rock, Hair Bands, Oldies, Classical.....etc.

Jeff B
03-24-2009, 12:39 PM
80's hair bands, metal, and pop all the way baby

DIRK
04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
My favorite music ist Heavy Metal

My Top 10 Bands are:

Immortal ( Black Metal )
Amon Amarth ( Death Metal )
Kreator ( Thrash Metal )
Sepultura ( the old suff ) ( Thrash Metal )
Dimmu Borgir ( Black Metal )
Slayer ( Thrash Metal )
Obituary ( Death Metal )
Dark Funeral ( Black Metal )
Iced Earth ( Power Metal )
Children of Bodom

and many more http://4410.my-gaestebuch.de/smile/smilie-4.gifhttp://4410.my-gaestebuch.de/smile/smilie-4.gifhttp://4410.my-gaestebuch.de/smile/smilie-4.gif

Stefan-A
04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
My CD of the week is Primus - Tales from the Punchbowl.

gregmonsta
04-02-2009, 03:56 PM
My favorite music ist Heavy Metal

My Top 10 Bands are:

Immortal ( Black Metal )
Amon Amarth ( Death Metal )
Kreator ( Thrash Metal )
Sepultura ( the old suff ) ( Thrash Metal )
Dimmu Borgir ( Black Metal )
Slayer ( Thrash Metal )
Obituary ( Death Metal )
Dark Funeral ( Black Metal )
Iced Earth ( Power Metal )
Children of Bodom

and many more http://4410.my-gaestebuch.de/smile/smilie-4.gifhttp://4410.my-gaestebuch.de/smile/smilie-4.gifhttp://4410.my-gaestebuch.de/smile/smilie-4.gif

You should click the link in my signature ;)

DIRK
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
You should click the link in my signature ;)

Wow cool. It sounds like a Mix of old Pantera and Six Feet Under
Maybe a band for the Wacken Open Air in Germany

gregmonsta
04-03-2009, 07:08 AM
One day :D ... we played a festival in Slovakia last year - Orava Rockfest. There's a video of it on our page ;)

adamanteus
07-16-2009, 01:43 PM
This week I've been listening to AC/DC 'Black Ice' and Paolo Nutini 'Sunny Side Up'..... the connection? Both Scottish.

Stefan-A
07-16-2009, 02:00 PM
This week, I've been mostly listening to Iggy Pop, although I did switch to the Ramones earlier today. Last week, I listened exclusively to Iron Maiden.

Jeff B
07-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I have Black Ice too, I really like it but not as much as the new Metalica album Death Magnetic there isn't a song on it that I don't like, I wasn't sure if I liked it as much as their old stuff the first time I listened to it but man has it grown on me the more I listen the more I like it, also been listening to my newest album Only by the Night by Kings of Leon, it's not metal but I really like it, also dug out some old Doken and Ozzie last weekend. Ozzie, Metalica, Megadeath, and Old Van Halen are some of my all time favs, but pretty much anything from the 80's, metal or otherwise will do.

Didymus20X6
07-16-2009, 11:59 PM
When I drive (which, lately, seems like an awful lot), I listen almost exclusively to Electro-Breakbeat and Freestyle music. Though I have at times been a fan of Pink Floyd, Weird Al, and Arvo Part. Growing up, I loved Hip-Hop and Jazz, but not as much these days.

Stefan-A
07-17-2009, 01:06 AM
I have Black Ice too, I really like it but not as much as the new Metalica album Death Magnetic there isn't a song on it that I don't like, I wasn't sure if I liked it as much as their old stuff the first time I listened to it but man has it grown on me the more I listen the more I like it,
Liked everything made before Load and nothing after it, except for Garage Inc.

Jeff B
07-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Have you listened to the new Death Magnetic? It actually reminds me of old stuff, I think and several people that I've talked to think it's one of their best.

gregmonsta
07-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Have you listened to the new Death Magnetic? It actually reminds me of old stuff, I think and several people that I've talked to think it's one of their best.

I stopped listening when Load came out :rolleyes: everything I've heard from Death Magnetic sounds like another pile of load to me :p. They should have quit years ago ... personally I think most bands should quit at the 5th album .... there are very few bands indeed that can truly keep the fire going after this and avoid attaining repetitive boredom or progressing in a direction that alienates from their roots.

Stefan-A
07-19-2009, 05:04 AM
I haven't listened to Death Magnetic, but to be honest, I don't have any desire to do it, either. They actually said the same thing about St. Anger, that it was "like their old stuff". The old stuff being, to me at least, Kill 'Em All through ...And Justice For All. In my humble opinion, they started circling the drain with their 1991 album. Then came Load and ReLoad, which sounded more like country than metal. ;)

drache
07-19-2009, 06:25 AM
personally I think most bands should quit at the 5th album .... there are very few bands indeed that can truly keep the fire going after this and avoid attaining repetitive boredom or progressing in a direction that alienates from their roots.
there are only very rare exceptions from that rule - they're the few artists that are sort of Picassos of music - the do something different when they've played out a phase of their creative development, rather than persistently trying to recapture something that was hot when they were just catching the spark

Steve 88
07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Im generally a rock/metal fan i love proggy stuff, Love the Blues and some jazz and classical too. dont mind a bit of electro though i despise most club music and rap.. unless its rap metal :P

gregmonsta
07-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Stuck Mojo ;) ... on of the few rap-metal combinations that works :) .... I saw Testament last night :D .... awesome!!!

lampy
07-22-2009, 04:36 AM
I thought death magnetic was ok, not fantastic but ok, I guess no band will stay entirely the same over a long period, my fave albums were and justice for all and ride the lightning. Saw me a lot of decent bands at download this year, eagerly awaiting next years line up!

DIRK
07-23-2009, 04:51 AM
I thought death magnetic was ok, not fantastic but ok, I guess no band will stay entirely the same over a long period, my fave albums were and justice for all and ride the lightning. Saw me a lot of decent bands at download this year, eagerly awaiting next years line up!

That´s correct. Not the best and not the worst album.
But Metallica won´t bring out better Albums than MAster of puppets ( the best they have) Ride the lightning, Kill em all and ...and justice for all.
4 different sounds but real thrash, not al singalong like load and reload:rolleyes:

I will stay at the wacken open air this year again. There are a lot of good bands.
Amon Amarth
Heaven & Hell ( Black Sabbath without Ozzy but with Ronny JAmes Dio )
In Flames
Motörhead
Endstille ( a very good Black Metal Band from Germany )
Testament
Running Wild ( last show ever )
and many other good bands

so let´s start spinning your head

Stefan-A
07-23-2009, 06:04 AM
This week, I've been mostly listening to Prodigy.

ConcinusMan
06-23-2010, 12:11 AM
I apologize in advance to those outside the U.S.A. that cannot view these embedded videos.

Love this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RiV_ue-PbL4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RiV_ue-PbL4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And by contrast I also love this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hntXAO_Rq7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hntXAO_Rq7c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ssssnakeluvr
06-23-2010, 01:16 AM
been jammin out to Ratt all week at work. :cool: glad to see Stephen Pearcy back in the band! downloaded one song from the new album, sounds great!

ConcinusMan
06-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Ratt? Jeez, haven't listened to them since high school.(late 1980's) Good stuff though. One of the best "hair metal" bands ever.

Also like Skid Row. One of the best tracks ever:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JzmfpfIq0-4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JzmfpfIq0-4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Makes me laugh at what people call "metal" these days. Pure garbage if you ask me. This is real metal. ^^^

Snakeknot
06-23-2010, 04:52 AM
I have a pretty eclectic collection of music. I like classic rock. In high school I liked Alan Parsons and Styx. If I'm in a really strange mood I turn on some old Ozzy and Metallica. I guess I've mellowed in my age and taken a completely different turn in music. I was raised on Irish and Celtic music so now I like things like Enya and Loreena Mckennit. I also like filk so Heather Alexander and Julia Ecklar. I recently have become a fan of this Celtic band with a strong rock undertones called Coyote Run. ( They have this little, red-haired spitfire of a drummer and she idolizes Neil Peart. She can really tear up a drum solo! )They play a lot of the Ren Faires around here and put on a great show. I also LOVE Nightwish. I'm not sure how you'd describe them!

Devon

infernalis
06-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Ratt? Jeez, haven't listened to them since high school.(late 1980's) Good stuff though. One of the best "hair metal" bands ever.

Makes me laugh at what people call "metal" these days. Pure garbage if you ask me. This is real metal. ^^^

No argument here.

Awesome stuff. Dio, Whitesnake, ozzy, Crue, Iron Maiden, etc..... Saw Twisted Sister in concert back in the 80s.

Stefan-A
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey, grandpa, there's more than one type of metal these days. :D

mustang
06-23-2010, 08:15 AM
oh wow NOW i find this thread lol i like 60s-80s some 90s
like elton john
billy joel
aerosmith
journey
ozzy/black sabbath
aww man....who sang renegade..oh ya the STYX
scorpions
and more like that
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJJcR1r7u2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJJcR1r7u2A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCy7lLQwToI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCy7lLQwToI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vo_0UXRY_rY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vo_0UXRY_rY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Holly
06-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Metal
Hardcore
New-New Wave

ConcinusMan
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey, grandpa, there's more than one type of metal these days. :D

Funny you should say "grandpa". I became one 4 years ago at the age of 36.:p

This is WAAAAYY before my time, but I like it. I guess it's the "okie" blood in me. My grandparents migrated from Oklahoma to Bakersfield, CA. Parents raised in Bakersfield and I was born there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxQbvSjQy9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jxQbvSjQy9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mustang
06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Funny you should say "grandpa". I became one 4 years ago at the age of 36.:p
congrats (little late but still the thoughts there) hows this merle haggard
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxzJAF1BxP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxzJAF1BxP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ConcinusMan
06-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Excellent^^^

But, back to ROCK! One of favorite bands/tracks of the 90's, and of the past 30 years. This is in my top 5 of all time: (besides Pink Floyd, this has the best solo ever to me!) I guess it has special meaning for me. I watched a friend who was like a brother kill himself slowly after I turned myself the other direction. He "kept going" and met an early end. The song's lyrics say it all. RIP my friend, my 'brother' Andrew Weber. 1970-1994. Another victim of the meth epidemic. He had a big heart full of big pain. In the end, his heart couldn't take it.:(

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4QL0L9fgbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4QL0L9fgbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jeff B
06-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Don, gotta love the old Ratt. I swear we have almost the exact same taste in music. I bet if we took our CD collections and wanted to do some swapping there wouldn't be much swapping to do, cause it would be "hey man you wanna trade this one, nah I got that one already and why would you want to get rid of that?" lol:D
Richard the Skid Row rules too, and I agree with you, what they are calling metal these days isn't even recognizable as music, just crappy speed guitar and someone yelling at you, God only knows what the hell the words are or why they are so pissed off, my guess would be no lovin'. If I want to get yelled at I can go to work and piss off my boss, but I wouldn't call that music to my ears, or entertainment....then again:D ohhhhhh now I get it....no no actually I don't not really. I like screaming guitars with a melody, and singers who sing with a purpose and tell a story or make a point about life and have talent and can actually sing way better than the average pissed off drunk guy at closing time.

ConcinusMan
06-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Yeah, how the hell did Cobra Commander invade the music industry and convince everyone that his "Metal" is music? where the heck is G.I. Joe when you need him?

JK
LOL

(probably in geriatrics unit somewhere finally spitting all those teeth he should have lost a million times over)

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 12:16 AM
I had to look that up, but now I get what you're saying, lol, I thought Cobra Commander was some new metal band that I hadn't heard of, lol......maybe it is???:D

ConcinusMan
06-24-2010, 12:21 AM
You're funny. No, seriously he's the vocalist for every "death metal" band and I swear, he lives forever.:p

(good "googling" on your part;))

infernalis
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
You mean that stuff that sounds like the transmission falling out of a truck?

mustang
06-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Excellent^^^

But, back to ROCK! One of favorite bands/tracks of the 90's, and of the past 30 years. This is in my top 5 of all time: (besides Pink Floyd, this has the best solo ever to me!) I guess it has special meaning for me. I watched a friend who was like a brother kill himself slowly after I turned myself the other direction. He "kept going" and met an early end. The song's lyrics say it all. RIP my friend, my 'brother' Andrew Weber. 1970-1994. Another victim of the meth epidemic. He had a big heart full of big pain. In the end, his heart couldn't take it.:(

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4QL0L9fgbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4QL0L9fgbg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
sorry to here that

Laura
06-24-2010, 09:15 AM
The Doors
Queen Adreena
Soundgarden
Incubus
Pearl Jam
Dr Dre
The Cure
Prodigy
Mazzy Star
My Bloody Valentine

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
The Doors
Queen Adreena
Soundgarden
Incubus
Pearl Jam
Dr Dre
The Cure
Prodigy
Mazzy Star
My Bloody Valentine

Sounds about right for a "chick"
My wife likes U2, and all the 80's european invasion bands, she scoffs at most of my 80s hard stuff

Laura
06-24-2010, 09:31 AM
11. Led Zeppelin
12. Alice in Chains
13. David Bowie
14. NIN
15. Tool
16. Guns N Roses
17. T Rex
18. 80s Matchbox B-Line Disaster
19. koRn
20. Daisy Chainsaw

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
hmmmm a couple in there everlapping my range, lol:p

Laura
06-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Pshh chick music my arse :P

infernalis
06-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Tool is one of the best bands the 90's ever produced! Heavily influenced by Rush and King Crimson

07pLGIgyfjw

RiV_ue-PbL4

Lm38Ojh61lY

Laura
06-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks Wayne, you have very much proved my point :D

infernalis
06-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Ever listen to them through a 1300 watt (RMS) system with triple Infinity sub woofers?

Soul stirring. and it makes the neighbours "happy" http://laserpointerforums.com/images/smilies/nana.gif

ssssnakeluvr
06-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Don, gotta love the old Ratt. I swear we have almost the exact same taste in music. I bet if we took our CD collections and wanted to do some swapping there wouldn't be much swapping to do, cause it would be "hey man you wanna trade this one, nah I got that one already and why would you want to get rid of that?" lol:D

No doubt about it!! Huge fan of Skid Row myself!!! I have a ton of stuff on my IPhone....plus a crate of cd's!! I pretty much have every Motley Crue cd! oh, and all of Poison's cd's :cool:

Snakeknot
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Anyone have a band they CAN'T listen to because of...oh I dunno....maybe a bad relationship?? Mine is Rush. Nothing whatsoever wrong with the band. But my ex-husband used to listen to them 24/7. There was no other music worth listening to unless it was Rush. I put up with this ( among other things! )for 7 years before I made a break for freedom. Now, I'm sorry but I just can't stand them. Too many negative emotions associated with the group.

Devon

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 08:49 PM
here are a few of my old and still favorites Ozzie, Van Halen, ACDC, Megadeth, Metallica, Guns and Roses, ZZ Top,
Dio, Scorpions, Bandlands, Docken, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Ratt, Tesla, Poison,
Quite Riot, Judist Priest, Skid Row, Winger, Warrant, Ted Nugent

Heres a couple bands with one hit wonder songs that I love, can you guess the song that I like from these bands below?
Accept
Fastway
Danzig
Aldo Nova
Slaughter
George Thorogood
Red Rider
Crazy Town
Pantera
Gnarls Barkley
Nazereth

mustang
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
here are a few of my old and still favorites Ozzie, Van Halen, ACDC, Megadeth, Metallica, Guns and Roses, ZZ Top,

Heres a couple bands with one hit wonder songs that I love, can you guess the song that I like from these bands below?
Accept
Fastway
Danzig
Aldo Nova
Slaughter
George Thorogood
Red Rider
Crazy Town
Pantera
Gnarls Barkley oooo goerge thorogood ...who do you love, bad to the bone, one bourbon one scotch and one beer, move it on over, dont tell me no lines and keep your hands to yourself, one of them..cant consider goerge a one hit wonder

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
your right on that one, I didn't mean one hit wonders for them, rather for me, but your right I like many of his songs but one in particular.

mustang
06-24-2010, 09:01 PM
your right on that one, I didn't mean one hit wonders for them, rather for me, but your right I like many of his songs but one in particular.
one of the ones i said right

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 09:04 PM
bad to the bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What red blooded american man doesn't love that song, lol

MasSalvaje
06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
one bourbon one scotch and one beer,

One of my favorite songs of all time!!!! And I don't even drink.

-Thomas

ssssnakeluvr
06-24-2010, 10:29 PM

Accept - Balls to the Wall
Fastway
Danzig - Mothger
Aldo Nova - Fantasy
Slaughter - Up all Night (well, got a bunch of good ones)
George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe
Crazy Town
Pantera - Cemetary Gates, Walk
Gnarls Barkley
Nazereth - Hair of the Dog

:D:eek::cool::rolleyes:

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Excellent Don!!! You got all the ones you guessed right
I didn't really expect you to get Crazytown or Gnarls Barkley they are not 80's just catchy toons from more recent that I like, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttt I can't believe you didn't know Fastway thats old school 80s and believe my they rock, and the guitar work is awesome, look them up and I bet you will remember them, guitar by former Motorhead guitarist "Fast Eddie Clark". Also do you remember the band Badlands? they weren't really that well known or long lived but Jakie Lee could play, check them out, there big one hit wonder was "Dreams in the Dark" got a lot of air time on MTV back in the day. Both bands also have band member ties to OZZY. By the way OZZY RULES, lol :D

ssssnakeluvr
06-24-2010, 11:22 PM
never heard of crazytown, but have heard of Gnarles Barkley, not really a fan of his. will have to look the others up! Enuff Z'nuff is another favorite of mine!

Jeff B
06-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah Im not a fan at all of Gnarles Barkley either, I listened to his album once at Barnes and Noble, its sucked, but for some odd reason I like that song "Crazy" :D
I remember Enuff Z nuff, they were bordering a little on the "Glam" side, lol, they had some cool videos, with hot chicks.
they also had Jakie Lee for a bit, former Ozzy and Bandlands guitarist. Which reminds me I like a few Black Sabbath tunes but that is a bit before my time really, kinda like Led Zepplin, like em but wasn't current back in our day.

Actually Don you did sort of miss one of my song's, Pantera is "Coyboys From Hell" although I do really like "Cemetary Gates" equally well

ssssnakeluvr
06-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Cowboys is cool too! my son loves pantera, has a couple copies of disks. I just have a few of their songs on my ipod.

infernalis
06-25-2010, 12:59 AM
No mention of Alcatrazz??

Most of Rainbow with Yngwie Malmsteen on guitars.. They frikkin rocked!

Np3yYi322-g

DIRK
06-25-2010, 01:06 AM

Accept
Fastway
Danzig
Aldo Nova
Slaughter
George Thorogood
Red Rider
Crazy Town
Pantera
Gnarls Barkley
Nazereth

Pantera and Accept are not one hit wonder bands.
Pantera was a great band with great songs ( R.I.P. Dimebag ), and accept is one of the older german metal bands. i have all cd´s of both bands

But my favourite bands are the following:

Immortal
Slayer
Mayhem
Kreator
Amon Amarth
Motörhead
Endstille
Graveworm
Obituary
Dark Funeral
Dimmu Borgir
Sepultura ( the old stuff with the Cavalera brothers )
and much more.....

Laura
06-25-2010, 03:58 AM

I saw BonJovi the other weekend for the mothership's birthday :) We have to go every year as he plays on the actualy day of her birth :P
Oh dear megadeth are megashite

Laura
06-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Pantera and Accept are not one hit wonder bands.
Pantera was a great band with great songs ( R.I.P. Dimebag ), and accept is one of the older german metal bands. i have all cd´s of both bands

But my favourite bands are the following:

Immortal
Slayer
Mayhem
Kreator
Amon Amarth
Motörhead
Endstille
Graveworm
Obituary
Dark Funeral
Dimmu Borgir
Sepultura ( the old stuff with the Cavalera brothers )
and much more.....

Love a bit of Dimmu Borgir/Slayer/Sepultura! Do you like Il Nino/Soulfly?

mustang
06-25-2010, 07:46 AM
:D:eek::cool::rolleyes:
i can play bad to the bone!:D mwahahaha...im in a music mood (oh fyi the other bands jeff listed up top are awsome to love guns&roses and scorpians.note first is live second isnt

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7VsoxT_FUY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_7VsoxT_FUY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVj9IYBNEvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FVj9IYBNEvM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

go thorogood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/osTa-A-ts9g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/osTa-A-ts9g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXQ4tRlYgM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rXQ4tRlYgM0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1B8rc-16_k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1B8rc-16_k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftiJRiONy4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftiJRiONy4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

think im thorogood out haha

Jeff B
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Oh dear megadeth are megashite

What do you think Don? agree or disagree? :rolleyes: Everyone is always trash talking Megadeth and also trashing Judest Priest, for various reasons, but they still made great music IMHO

"Pantera and Accept are not one hit wonder bands.
Pantera was a great band with great songs ( R.I.P. Dimebag ), and accept is one of the older german metal bands. i have all cd´s of both bands"

Dirk,
Once again like I already explained, there was one song it particular that I especially like from those listed bands that was to be guessed, wasn't saying the band was a one hit wonder, just more so for me personally.

ssssnakeluvr
06-25-2010, 11:06 AM
DISAGREE! I love Megadeth and Judas Priest!!!! :cool: but, everyone is entitled to their own opinion (no matter how wrong it is)... lol!!!:p

Jlkelly88
06-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Here are some bands I love

Deftones
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Beck
TV on the Radio

DIRK
06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Love a bit of Dimmu Borgir/Slayer/Sepultura! Do you like Il Nino/Soulfly?

I will see Il Nino and Soulfly at the Wacken Open Air this year. Both bands are ok, so it will be a lot fun to see them.

George Thorogood´s bad to the bone is so cool...
I love this song ...

thanks for posting

Jeff B
06-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Those two bands are probably my top two bands if I feel like getting seriously pumped up, Priest is especially awesome to work out to, pure energy and POWER from those two bands. If you feel like being mellow don't listen to either of those two bands.

You take a mortal man and put him in control, watch him become a God, Watch peoples heads a'roll

What do you mean I hurt you're feelings?
I didn't know you had any feelings?

If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by.....you've got another thing coming!

Honestly Megadeth, Ozzy, Van Halen are my top 3 bands all time.
Metallica, AC/DC, Priest maybe second 3.
Van Halen was #1 for a long time for me.

DISAGREE! I love Megadeth and Judas Priest!!!! :cool: but, everyone is entitled to their own opinion (no matter how wrong it is)... lol!!!:p

Laura
06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Here are some bands I love

Deftones
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Beck
TV on the Radio

LOVE the first 3, however I went to see deftones a couple of years ago and they were terrible live :(

ConcinusMan
06-25-2010, 06:22 PM
A lot of bands are. Collective Soul is beyond terrible. Wasn't there to see them though. Grateful Dead though, was better live.

infernalis
06-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Grateful Dead though, was better live.

In person when Jerry was still alive!

Only got to do it once.

ConcinusMan
06-25-2010, 08:01 PM
14 times:eek: Last time they skipped Eugene and came to Portland. Jerry died 2 months later.:(

Laura
06-25-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm quite lucky really, all the bands I love happen to be very good live :D I'd give anything to be able to see The Doors though :(
Do you guys go to gigs much?

guidofatherof5
06-26-2010, 12:06 AM
With 5 kids still at home all my gigs are in-house. A few years ago I did drive 7.5 hours with my kids to see a group Newsong(Christian). It was an outdoor concert. Sounded just like the CD and they were great people in person.

Laura
06-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Woah that's a long drive! However the mothership did drive about 4hrs to go see Bonjovi for the first time, map reading at 2am was not a pleasant experience!

infernalis
06-26-2010, 12:19 AM
June 29 got VIP passes to YES & Peter Frampton.

Taking camera, will post back after the show.

Laura
06-26-2010, 12:20 AM
YES are cool! Morning Wayne :D

infernalis
06-26-2010, 12:23 AM
good morning sunshine. ;)

mustang
06-26-2010, 03:37 PM
2 times i wanted to see a show...the first was the elton john billy joel one and my parensts thought it was somewhere else(a field like place no chairs) so they wouldnt let me try to win on the radio and when i told em it wasnt they let me try(last day b4 concert) and i was caller 20 instead of 21 :(....and i didnt get a chance to win and didnt have money for the thorogood concert :(

Holly
06-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Katatonia is playing just down the street but my husband won't get tickets!!!! I probably won't want to go anyway by then because I'll be 38 weeks gravid.

Hollis_Steed
06-26-2010, 07:02 PM
My daughter bought my wife and I tickets and roundtrip airfare to Chicago and back to attend the Tina Turner concert a year or so ago. We had a great time! I'm pretty sure that was the only "concert" I've ever attended. We had a great time! :D

Laura
06-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Right, I think I need to shove you all on a plane and get you to England!
From the sounds of things you're all very deprived in the way of live music!
I'm only 23 and I've easily been to over 50 gigs, I should kidnap you all and let you loose in Reading/Download Festival!

infernalis
06-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I have some recordings from Reading Festivals, most older than you are Laura.

Laura
06-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Really? Who have you got on there?

infernalis
06-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Steve Hackett 1979, 1981 Genesis 1978, and I have this record.

http://www.morain.de/Marillion_-_Reading_Rock_Volume_One__LP__-_1982.jpg

Laura
06-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Haha wow that's extremely cool, my other half loves Whitesnake :P

ConcinusMan
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
From the sounds of things you're all very deprived in the way of live music!
I'm only 23 and I've easily been to over 50 gigs, I should kidnap you all and let you loose in Reading/Download Festival!

I live 5 minutes north of Portland, Oregon (numerous venues) and only 10 minutes from the Clark County (Washington State) Amphitheater. Top bands play all summer long. No shortage of live music at all! Let's see...

June 11 Crosby Stills and Nash

July 2nd Sarah McLachlan, Sugarland, Sheryl Crow, Erykah Badu and Colbie Caillat

July 23 Toby Keith.

Just wait 'till August and all the best rock bands will be there! Last summer I saw Nickelback and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Laura
06-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm not really into Nickelback however they supported bonjovi one year and they were fantastic live

ConcinusMan
06-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, their live performance was definitely not a disappointment.

infernalis
06-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Back in the 90's Queensryche was on tour supporting the "Empire" LP, the show was so outstanding I went to 5 others after the first.

The opening act (i forget now who it was) sucked so bad, that by show number 2 we had it down pat when to enter the arena late, just in time to miss the opening act, and right at the start of intermission.

Worked out great, avoid the rush getting in, park closest to the exit, and the encore to every show was "silent lucidity" so we would duck out during the final song of the encore, beating the rush to leave too.

1DGfXAvgknM

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 12:12 PM
The following is only one of my favorite bands EVER! I waited 17 years and just when I thought it would never happen, Alice In Chains cut another album last year, and man, it's good. I like every track on the album "Black Gives Way To Blue" Almost worth waiting 17 years for new material.

Imbedding disabled

click here Alice In Chains (2009) - Your Decision (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D37POA11KY)

Laura
06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
I LOVEEE Alice in chains!!

WHATS MYYY DRUUUG OF CHOOIIICCCCEEEE

Incredible band, would of loved to of seen them back in the day

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Funny you say that. I lived it. I was in my early 20's and lived in the next adjacent Seattle suburb a couple of years before they were signed. Even then, they were an extremely popular local band "Alice-N-Chains" Changed the spelling when they got signed.

Laura
06-28-2010, 12:23 PM
You have no idea how incredibly jealous I am of you :eek:
Do you like pearl jam? I love the Seattle grunge wave

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Well of course I do. The grunge movement of the 90's was local phenomenon for me and being 20-something it was perfect timing.:D

Laura
06-28-2010, 12:34 PM
And soundgarden? :D

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 12:35 PM
All of them.:D

Like audioslave? All they are is members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.

Remember this? Layne Staley sang for another signed band back early on.

Mad Season - River of Deceit: (My favorite grunge track ever)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBACTCS4SmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBACTCS4SmI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Laura
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
LOVE soundgarden, Ive seen Pearl Jam and Chris Cornell twice, both were amaaazing! Pearl Jam had the best step up i've ever seen! Really trippy backdrop/lights

I thought audioslave was rage+cornell?

Ps. You're my new best friend :D

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I did get that mixed up a little. You are right. Chris Cornell was in 3 of the best grunge bands so it gets confusing.

If you think about it there are very few grunge greats. They are the same small group of people behind all the great bands after Nirvana. Any band with Chris or Layne is great stuff.

Chris Cornell : Discography (http://www.chriscornell.com/discography/)

Laura
06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah grunge after that pretty much became useless, I do quite like Nirvana too, Something in the way is a brilliant track.

Whats your favourite alice in chains track? Mine has to be either Rooster/Junkhead/Love Hate Love

Laura
06-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Love the track you posted by the way, never heard it before :D nice and chilled, sounds a bit like something soundgarden would do

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Never heard it? OMG! It was only one of the first grunge tracks to make it mainstream. Was on the radio when Nirvana was new.

Laura
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I know right? How terrible is that!

Laura
06-28-2010, 01:21 PM
So come on then! Favourite Alice in chains tracks! Top 3

Also on a side note, do you like white/rob zombie?

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I'll have to come back to this. Getting ready to go to work.

Stefan-A
06-28-2010, 02:17 PM
So come on then! Favourite Alice in chains tracks! Top 3

Rooster / What the hell have I / Them bones

Laura
06-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Stefan you are also my new best friend okay? Non negotiable :D

Stefan-A
06-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Stefan you are also my new best friend okay? Non negotiable :D
Okay then. :D

Laura
06-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Funnily enough I've just this second listened to Them Bones, What the hell have I is also pretty high up in the list, some really nice riffs there

ConcinusMan
06-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Another one off their latest album:

Alice In Chains (2009) - Check My Brain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZTQ7xlFFA8)

And of course, one of my favorite classic chains songs:

Alice In Chains (1990) - Man In The Box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAqZb52sgpU&feature=fvst) Love that song.

Lucky you, got a call from work - starting late.

Laura
06-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Lucky me indeed:D

Yeah man in the box is a tune, my mothers favourite too :)

infernalis
06-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Also on a side note, do you like white/rob zombie?

Saw them live. These remixes will shake your teeth out at high volumes.

I censored the cover myself, did not want to start anything.

http://www.thamnophis.us/zombii/fixed.jpg

Laura
06-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh and I love Would too, sexy bass!

Laura
06-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Lol Wayne I knew you wouldn't let me down!

Currently listening to More human than human tuuuuneage

infernalis
06-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Ever heard the maxi single versions??

Laura
06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Nope, worth giving a try?

infernalis
06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
yep... I will rip to MP3 for you and send ya a link. ;)

Laura
06-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Much rejoicing!

infernalis
06-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Got to sit on the tower above the mixing console, first time I ever had a pass that allowed that. Best seating ever.

photos from last night.... Peter Frampton kicked butt for an older guy.

http://www.reptard.info/show/frampton1.jpg

http://www.reptard.info/show/frampton2.jpg

http://www.reptard.info/show/frampton3.jpg

http://www.reptard.info/show/mixing.jpg

Yes was OK, just not phenomenal, Only 3 original guys on that stage.

http://www.reptard.info/show/yes.jpg

guidofatherof5
06-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Looks like you had a great time.
Listened to a little Frampton in my day.

Hollis_Steed
06-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Our choir will perform with Peter Cetera (Chicago) this week in both Logan, Utah and in Sun Valley, Idaho. For those who remember the group Chicago...
Sun Valley Idaho calendar of events-Sun Valley-Ketchum Chamber (http://www.visitsunvalley.com/calendar/index.cfm?action=results&sdate=06-21-2010&edate=06-21-2010&keyword=&eventid=7067)

infernalis
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
awesome, sounds like a good time.

ConcinusMan
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpmHg00Z_9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GpmHg00Z_9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfAXr4RZPE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PfAXr4RZPE0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyone remember this one? Love it:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5W8Jp7aCMtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5W8Jp7aCMtg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ConcinusMan
06-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Can't forget soundgarden. This video is a trip and a half especially if you have some special tea first.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiSkyEyBczU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qiSkyEyBczU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

infernalis
06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Can't forget soundgarden. This video is a trip and a half especially if you have some special tea first.

Funny you should say that Richard, Last night Peter Frampton played an awesome version of "Black Hole Sun"

I used my camera to video clip about 2 minutes of it.

as soon as I can I will upload it to youtube.

ConcinusMan
06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Laura
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Pshh Wayne you still havent uploaded that yet? SHAME ON YOU!

Laura
06-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Love Cornell in the video to black hole sun, he looks proper sexual!

Vedder just always looks good, dated a guy briefly back in the back because he looked like him :D needless to say it didn't last long haha

infernalis
06-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Pshh Wayne you still havent uploaded that yet? SHAME ON YOU!

I have been running all day, in and out.... I'll get there.

Laura
06-30-2010, 04:59 PM
You better or you'll be in trouble mister!

Jeff B
06-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Yep remember them, big in the 80s, really like some of there songs, Peter Cetera has a tremendously talented vocal instrument.

Our choir will perform with Peter Cetera (Chicago) this week in both Logan, Utah and in Sun Valley, Idaho. For those who remember the group Chicago...
Sun Valley Idaho calendar of events-Sun Valley-Ketchum Chamber (http://www.visitsunvalley.com/calendar/index.cfm?action=results&sdate=06-21-2010&edate=06-21-2010&keyword=&eventid=7067)

Laura
06-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Anyone here like Finch?

ConcinusMan
07-01-2010, 03:39 AM
They're not too bad. Not a huge fan though. They seem like they're just trying to be another Blink 182 but hey, it's a sound. Not unlike grunge is it's own sound.

I do like this track by Blink 182. They are sick minded weirdos... I like it.:p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Ht5RZpzPqw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Ht5RZpzPqw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Laura
07-01-2010, 03:43 AM
Really? You think they're like Blink? Well thats one comparison I've never heard before :D

Laura
07-01-2010, 03:45 AM
Grunge is quite clearly superior, however my second favourite genre would most definately have to be shoegaze, nice and hypnotic/trippy

ConcinusMan
07-01-2010, 03:46 AM
A little different, a little more metal influence, but they sound alike in many ways.

Laura
07-01-2010, 03:49 AM
Try these on for size:

My Bloody Valentine= YouTube - My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf8j1bUgwJ8)

Mazzy Star= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0lRYhhiwI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0lRYhhiwI)

Laura
07-01-2010, 03:53 AM
If you like a bit o distortion, check My bloody valentine first :P they wont disappoint

infernalis
07-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Peter Frampton "Black Hole Sun" - Sorry about the quality.. The full definition clip was going to take 2 hours to upload.

ooIM5xKXLfQ

Laura
07-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed that solo, well done for capturing it!!

ConcinusMan
07-01-2010, 12:34 PM
That's very good. So is this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WC5FdFlUcl0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WC5FdFlUcl0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Laura
07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I see your Audioslave and raise you a vintage Soundgarden

YouTube - Soundgarden - Loud Love (HD High Definition Music Video) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pwbxaUUBP0)

infernalis
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I'll toss uout some Mad Season....

8lY-KNvicrE

can't forget this one.....

XjNjJR9jUGo

Stefan-A
07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
A few of the videos I have bookmarked on YT.

qstyzTqEGfY

VIzlrdcw9_s

f_Ec81NuvPA

JbB1s7TZUQk

zi_0k3hzNS4

zd7yyJLQHVk

L9fbaujXsb8

dPT7q825gwI
(I really just like the video :D )

LfmrHTdXgK4

RnrXiaPVeHY

GoxdH4FWuhg

l5zFsy9VIdM

zLqHQnzcN-E

vAxzr9BdnkA

pfFD709OtFM

XLTUOYEvddw

RGRQUd9iQro

JkhX5W7JoWI

PPPAf1fKD5E

yG5e1oaen-M

Xg6iQxpdgLI

gZ_kez7WVUU

infernalis
07-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice broad taste in music Stefan....

ConcinusMan
07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Holy crud, why don't you post one or two stefan? Oh, and wayne, I already posted "hunger strike" yesterday.:p

Huge floyd fan too. My favorite album (or you could call it an opera) is "The Final Cut"

The guitar in this track is pure genius. Love the solo. The whole album still never fails to move me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CpL6EWpM6oo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CpL6EWpM6oo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

infernalis
07-01-2010, 01:37 PM
this thread is moving so fast, I didn't even notice...

Stefan-A
07-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice broad taste in music Stefan....
It's much broader than that, I left out a lot of videos.

Y6ljFaKRTrI

infernalis
07-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Oh so have I ........

Just a few. I could go on forever with this one. ;)

KUiSZdA3w9Y

Fm9pricDqSc

ULngjhKnZ0o

xsKpazeA5L8

glWkXBL1AUY

nhe1SuBGkiA

JTD1QW3SM60

7miRCLeFSJo

mustang
07-01-2010, 06:30 PM
sadly the fourth of july aint on a saturday but its still awesome to hear on the fourth of july.... HAPPY ALMOST FOURTH OF JULY!(or just happy fourth of july if your readn this on the fourth of july)
LIVE
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWxA3e9f6rY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWxA3e9f6rY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
ALBUM / RADIO
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v5bhBSb92LY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v5bhBSb92LY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ConcinusMan
07-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Holy crud you guys, you're posting so many I can't keep up with sampling them!

I really, really, really love this song:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KpiFDrFEGvE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KpiFDrFEGvE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Laura
07-02-2010, 01:06 AM
sadly the fourth of july aint on a saturday but its still awesome to hear on the fourth of july.... HAPPY ALMOST FOURTH OF JULY!(or just happy fourth of july if your readn this on the fourth of july)

'Cause I heard it in the wiiind, and I saw it in the skyyyyyyyy, and I thought it was the eeeenddd, and I thought it was the 4th of Julyyyy

YouTube - Soundgarden 4th of july (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU4L6THYAbM)

I blame Wayne and Stefan for turbo-posting :D

guidofatherof5
07-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Kansas
Styx
Foreigner

Free concert tonight in Omaha.

infernalis
07-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Kansas
Styx
Foreigner

Great bands as well Steve.

Foreigner is from Rochester NY about 100 miles from where I live.

Styx - It's such a shame that Tommy Shaw and Dennis De Young had to start fighting, the harmonization of their vocals was incredible.

mustang
07-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Kansas
Styx
Foreigner

LUCCKY devils in ommha FREE CONCERT WITH STYX ILOVE THE STYX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(i learnn to play dust in the wind) forigner is cool too

ConcinusMan
07-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Kansas
Styx
Foreigner

I like all three. FREE? WOW.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CB17uWuBrL0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CB17uWuBrL0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sm-Vh3j8sys&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sm-Vh3j8sys&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDfY5c5j4FQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDfY5c5j4FQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mustang
07-02-2010, 05:24 PM
i love that song and my grandma just lent me that album of the styx
"come sail away with me" is gonna be a kick *** pick up line once i either get a boaters license or upgrade to a two seater kayak(could be a downgrade tho)

ConcinusMan
07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Love this song:

(very brief female nudity)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWFv5ZoVET8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWFv5ZoVET8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And this one:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-TvAqv43p4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6-TvAqv43p4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

infernalis
07-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Another great one....

lVIldMocneQ

and this one....

uXlKkzjkheg

Mommy2many
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Kansas
Styx
Foreigner

3 of my alltime favorite bands, with it being a tie between Styx and Foreigner:D

Laura
07-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Wayne, you didn't link Judith! Thats like the best APC track

infernalis
07-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Just for you Laura....

352RjUV_f1U

Holly
07-07-2010, 12:09 PM
My favorite song from them is 3 Libras.

Not sure if it was APC or Tool but we had a track of them doing Love Song by The Cure, it was a live recording and not the best sound, I wish they would actually record and release it because it was amazing having Maynard sing it.

infernalis
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Maynard does have one helluva voice.

drache
07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I just watched "B.B. King & Friends: Night of Blistering Blues"
the friends are Albert King, Gladys Knight, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Etta James, Billy Ocean, Eric Clapton, Dr John, Chaka Khan, and Phil Collins doing the lamest drum solo in the history of drumming
not all of it is blistering, but some of it very much so
couldn't find out for sure when or where this concert took place, but it had to be some time between August of '84 and May '87

Mommy2many
07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Loved Billy Ocean and Phil Collins!

infernalis
07-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Something must have been up with Phil, usually his drum solos are the best going.

Generally the highlight of any Genesis show was Phil and Chester Thomson doing the drum duet..

Si_4uyw4K0s

xtbrWP-g26w

drache
07-08-2010, 04:43 AM
I know, it so weird, but it's true - Phil Collins sucks on this one
Jeff and I were looking at each other going "what the . . . "
made me wonder why he was even there - I mean he's not a blues musician by any stretch
he didn't look entirely happy either; like he was wondering himself
Chaka Khan was so messed up, she could barely sing, and definitely not anything with words in the lyrics
the guitar stuff and the other two ladies carried the show

infernalis
07-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Phil did do some great drumming with Eric Clapton once upon a time, more of a "rock/blues fusion"

drache
07-08-2010, 05:09 AM
I'm not sure how much of this had to do with his drumming and how much with back-stage relations, but the blues at this concert didn't have a trace of fusion, and if you ever see it, you'll also go "wtf is Phil even doing there" and a look at his face might tell you that that's pretty much what he must be thinking also

infernalis
07-08-2010, 05:33 AM
I will have to give this show a look see, Now I'm curious.

guidofatherof5
07-08-2010, 06:33 AM
Drum duets. I've never seen those two before.
Nice.

infernalis
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Drum duets. I've never seen those two before.
Nice.

I have always been impressed by how they both have their eyes closed and they sound like one drummer that has 4 arms and 4 legs.

The first concert I ever saw in my life was Genesis in 1981, and they did it then.. The arena pulsated with every beat.

Phil and Chester have been best friends for many years.

mustang
07-18-2010, 08:01 AM
i almost forget the best acapel group STRAIGHT NO CHASER
watch this all the way through theyre awsome they do funny stuff!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/41tgOaFXTWU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/41tgOaFXTWU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7E-47VmFopE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7E-47VmFopE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Fe11OlMiz8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Fe11OlMiz8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7byjAaLcRM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7byjAaLcRM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mommy2many
07-18-2010, 02:23 PM
They are excellent. I heard them up here one day when they interviewed on our local radio station. Awesome group!

mustang
07-18-2010, 07:22 PM
they are excellent. I heard them up here one day when they interviewed on our local radio station. Awesome group!
lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustang
07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
i picked up the intro on piano by ear to this (i play guitar i hadnt played in years....i was messn round once and it sounded familiar...) sounds the same but hand movment and the keys were hittn are different
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOyyrB1wj04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOyyrB1wj04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Selkielass
07-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Do we have any other Adam Ant fans here?

Here's a classic performance with an amazing dual drummer backup.
YouTube - Adam and the Ants "Live in Tokyo" part XIV - Kings of the Wild Frontier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hv3XalTZaU)

And a recent one of a classic song; YouTube - Adam Ant : Physical (You're So) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqjlplDqoc&feature=related)

He's aged amazingly well in my opinion, and I'm glad he is performing again.

Holly
07-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm a pretty big Gary Numan fan.

mustang
07-23-2010, 08:07 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xkQc984DWAA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xkQc984DWAA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MMz-wi50ACU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MMz-wi50ACU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ConcinusMan
08-05-2010, 01:17 AM
I know, OLD. Well, not as old as that^^^ (like that too) But Tantric is pretty darn good.

Can't embed but here's a good one:

Tantric - Breakdown
YouTube - &#x202a;Tantric - Breakdown (Video)&#x202c;&lrm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxRG7uoFDo4)

I also like Seether:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Li2PVKMZCo4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Li2PVKMZCo4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

infernalis
08-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Why can't you display it??

ZxRG7uoFDo4

ConcinusMan
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Good. Thanks. I just picked the "official" video and embedding was disabled. It still is, Wayne. Won't play so there's no point in embedding.:rolleyes:

infernalis
08-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I see that now, I didn't try to play it before.

odd.

ConcinusMan
08-05-2010, 02:36 AM
Well shoot. I hear someone screaming for help so I'm off to go buy more duct tape. Be back later.:p

i picked up the intro on piano by ear to this (i play guitar i hadnt played in years....i was messn round once and it sounded familiar...) sounds the same but hand movment and the keys were hittn are different
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOyyrB1wj04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tOyyrB1wj04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Always loved that song. ^^^ Still do. I was in Serra High school (Tierrasanta, San Diego, CA) in Southern California when it was new, ( near Miramar Naval Air Station "Fightertown, USA") and just 18 years old. Very nostalgic.:D

ConcinusMan
08-05-2010, 03:08 AM
That's when I found my first, and only wild checkered garter snake, in the Picacho State Recreation area east of San Diego, near the Arizona border.;)

If you ever get a chance to herp near San Diego, I would highly recommend the east shore of Otay Lake or the north shore along Otay lakes road. AWESOME!

As if 7 foot gopher snakes and tame rattlesnakes wasn't enough, you can watch very large and fast lizards run in herds, from bush to bush, like in the movie "Jurassic park" I'm not kidding.

Chondro788
08-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Its all about Avenged Sevenfold since they dropped thier new albumn last week. But I like all rock/Heavy Metal, with my favorites being A7X, Guns N Rose, Slipknot, HIM, and of course Johnny Cash!!! :cool:

YouTube - &#x202a;Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare (Official Music Video)&#x202c;&lrm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bGzWyHbu0)

kain
08-05-2010, 05:29 AM
My current listening list is

Mindless Self Indulgence
Versailles
High and Mighty Color
System of a Down
Three Days Grace

mustang
08-09-2010, 12:19 PM
look at this its funny they even did a video on how they did this music video cuz its so wacked out and awesome
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uxUATkpMQ8A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uxUATkpMQ8A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

all american rejects gives you hell

Holly
08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Been listening to a lot of Gojira, Rise Against and Periphery lately.

ConcinusMan
08-10-2010, 05:05 AM
look at this its funny they even did a video on how they did this music video cuz its so wacked out and awesome
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uxUATkpMQ8A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uxUATkpMQ8A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

all american rejects gives you hell

That was... not bad. Entertaining. It's quite amusing how they look all "90's hard-core grunge", (I mean, look at those slobs!)but sound uplifting and charming at the same time.:D

He wakes up every evening....and you're still prob'ly working... LoL.

It's a repeat of the generation rebellion from the late 50's.. very cool.

I like it. Thanks for sharing.:D

kain
08-10-2010, 08:14 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUQi3hV3eM0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUQi3hV3eM0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awsome guitaring from Versailles

Snakers
08-10-2010, 12:20 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUQi3hV3eM0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUQi3hV3eM0&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awsome guitaring from Versailles
Those people in that video look just like Edward Scissorhands :) very nice!

kain
08-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Those people in that video look just like Edward Scissorhands :) very nice!
just to for warn anyone they are all dudes in the video

Snakers
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
just to for warn anyone they are all dudes in the video
:eek:

ConcinusMan
08-10-2010, 11:59 PM
This one's a bit humorous. (parody) Key of awesome are well... awesome.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0MP_G6arpVI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0MP_G6arpVI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Well shoot, that doesn't seem to work. Try this: YouTube - &#x202a;TRON GIRL! Key of Awesome #25&#x202c;&lrm; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MP_G6arpVI)

mustang
08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
family relation songs
(and songs implying husbands listen to this will be marked with a *)
the mom song
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EikL7FIOm4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_EikL7FIOm4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

*the man song
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7Y0I91rubg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7Y0I91rubg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

*the things you dont say to your wife
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iK2OakMoW_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iK2OakMoW_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

...moderators do we have a slight problem with embeding youtube post as of now?
man song
YouTube - Milton singing "The Man Song" by Sean Morey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg)
things you dont say to your wife
YouTube - Tim Hawkins Things you don't say to your wife (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK2OakMoW_c)
the mom song
YouTube - The Mom Song.flv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFXj00Gou4&feature=related)

ConcinusMan
08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah, youtube went and did something and you can't use the embedding code they give you anymore. Not here anyway. All we get is white squares. Man, I'm about fed up with youtube lately.:cool:

mustang
08-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, youtube went and did something and you can't use the embedding code they give you anymore. Not here anyway. All we get is white squares. Man, I'm about fed up with youtube lately.:cool:right! lets caus some hell pon the comments sections lol

ConcinusMan
08-18-2010, 04:39 PM
lets see GOkgPRofN5o
haha got it hooray this is dr. tesla hes the coolest guy on sanctuary

Not a bad song at all but I prefer this Tesla since I'm an old fart:p (And yes, the band is named for the car. A car that one of the members owned and loved)

9vwHuCC6nP8

I guess after paying for that car, this was the best "studio" they could afford. LoL.:p

kibakiba
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
That band has earned its place in my music library thanks to you, Richard ;)

I like most rock and metal, old stuff, hard rock, heavy metal, etc... I like most other types of music, but rock/metal the most :D
My most favorite band right now would have to be Metallica, though.

ConcinusMan
08-19-2010, 02:48 AM
That band has earned its place in my music library thanks to you, Richard ;)

I like most rock and metal, old stuff, hard rock, heavy metal, etc... I like most other types of music, but rock/metal the most :D
My most favorite band right now would have to be Metallica, though.

Metallica has it's place in my life timeline. Hated their guts when I first heard them. (when they were just getting started) I just can't stand "cobra commander" vocals and "death metal" rhythm. However, they really matured later and I do like some of their music such as...

"Nothing else matters":
bAsA00-5KoI

"One"

EzgGTTtR0kc

"Enter Sandman" is about the "hardest" most metal like song I can tolerate by them:

1QP-SIW6iKY

My brother and I worked as security right up against the stage at a recent Seattle, WA concert for metallica. Seriously. I'll have to dig up the videos.. it shows us both, standing right there by the stage just a cpuple of years ago. They still got it! Still put on a fantastic performance!

I actually personally know the guy at 2:35 in that last video "enter sandman" just a fan, and a friend.

kibakiba
08-19-2010, 03:58 AM
Those are actually my favourite songs from Metallica ;) I like a few of their older albums too. Another song I like is Die, Die my darling. Which is, if I remember correctly, is a cover. I prefer Metallica's version over the others I've heard.
JoolQUDWq-k

I probably like it more cause its heavier, and being with my boyfriend... He likes extremely heavy metal so I'm more used to it.

ConcinusMan
08-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Those are actually my favourite songs from Metallica ;)

Oh now you're just messin' with me. You can't be serious. you must be my best friend that I never met.:p

kibakiba
08-19-2010, 04:23 AM
The song "One" Is my most favourite. My CD's wont put it on my computer or even ply it though :( I have to use youtube to listen to it instead of bringing up windows media player. It's so, so sad. Maybe it got scratched when my mom ravaged my room. Lol.

Chondro788
08-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Die, Die my Darling was originally done by the Misfits, one of the best bands to come from the 80's punk scene. Glen Danzig's vocals are so awesome, you should give it another listen you may eventually like the original. :cool:

YouTube - misfits Die Die My Darling (slide show) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlF-JVKRK4)

Chondro788
08-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Speaking of Metallica, I am about the opposite of you, I LOVE the old stuff, Kill 'Em All is a masterpiece. Although I do believe Justice is the best albumn, but after that they have gone down so much. I did go see them last year and yes they still put on a great show, just would enjoy hearing all the oldies like The Four Horsemen, Motorbreath, Whiplash, ect. :eek:

Chondro788
08-19-2010, 05:33 AM
One more for ya, this is almost die die my darling, except its Dine, Dine my Darling by Alkaline Trio, just a great song and all the talk of die die reminded me of it!!! :rolleyes:

YouTube - Dine, Dine My Darling (Alkaline trio) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXSM5I8HbQ8)

Stefan-A
08-19-2010, 08:48 AM
I haven't posted these two yet, have I?

CTRjmHU3x_I

-If2r9ENQfA

Laura
08-19-2010, 12:02 PM
Been in my head for a few days, time for it to get into yours

lcMZ9qG6brE

kibakiba
08-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Die, Die my Darling was originally done by the Misfits, one of the best bands to come from the 80's punk scene. Glen Danzig's vocals are so awesome, you should give it another listen you may eventually like the original. :cool:

YouTube - misfits Die Die My Darling (slide show) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlF-JVKRK4)

Oh, I know that :) That's why I said I believed it was a cover ;). Listening to it again makes me dislike it more. It almost seems too... "messy" It's giving me a headache :p