PDA

View Full Version : 8 march....

jewel-dragons
02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
8 march is the EGSA meeting in Germany!!!!
I WILL BE THERE!!! who will follow me? :D

i hope to have a very nice day with all the crazy gartersnake freakzzzzzz :p

Snaky
02-24-2008, 05:58 AM
I'll also be coming ;). First time that I'll be going there... hope it'll be fun :)

reptileparadise
02-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Guess I will be there as well!

Thamnophis
02-24-2008, 01:31 PM
I have no time this year unfortunately

zooplan
02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I´ll be waiting for you.
I´m like the hedge-hog, I´m yet there .:D

jewel-dragons
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
it's my birthday at 7 march.... so i will bring some dutch cookies to germany.
the one and only "goudse stroopwafels" :D

zooplan
03-07-2008, 12:00 PM
I´m just cooking for tomorrow hope it will be as nice as last year.
There is still a lot to do so I have to hurry up.
I wish all comming members and guests a nice and easy trip.

drache
03-08-2008, 05:35 AM
me too
have a great time all of you

adamanteus
03-08-2008, 05:38 AM
I hope some of you guys will take photos, and tell us all about the EGSA meeting. Enjoy yourselves!

aSnakeLovinBabe
03-08-2008, 08:26 AM
i want to go :(

jewel-dragons
03-09-2008, 04:34 AM
it was a very nice day.... we left home at 7 in the morning.... and came home again at 01:45 midnight (and drive 750 kilometers in total) BUT!!!! i but 1.1 florida's (adult) and 1.1 Concinnus (adult) :D

photo's coming later ;)

drache
03-09-2008, 04:35 AM
sounds great
looking forward to the photos

Sid
03-09-2008, 05:32 AM
it was a very nice day.... we left home at 7 in the morning.... and came home again at 01:45 midnight (and drive 750 kilometers in total) BUT!!!! i but 1.1 florida's (adult) and 1.1 Concinnus (adult) :D

photo's coming later ;)
Congratulation on the new ones. Glad it was a good trip

adamanteus
03-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Congratulations on the new acquisitions, Kuno. I'm a bit jealous..... I need a male Florida Blue!

Snaky
03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Well, let's give a little description about the 2 days.

So it started saterday at 12o'clock. When I arrived, most people were setting up their stands for a 'mini-fair' with mostly watersnakes (Thamnophis, Natrix, Nerodia). After lunch, the meeting started with a general meeting about the egsa ( site, 3 monthly magazin, finances, t-shirts, ... ) and afterwards everybody was a little free to chat/handle (if you didn't already buy something when you came in or during lunch). At 5o'clock Steven Bol gave the first part of his presentation on his findings in Canada, the US and Mexico during the last year. Certainly a highpoint of the 2 days and very interesting to see and hear him talk about it. We first ate and than after 7 o'clock, Steven had the second part of this presentation. At about 8h30, the free evening started, in which everybody could share experiences and stories, very fun.

The next morning there were still 3 activities:
- 2 short movies were shown: about the manitoba dens and about the resistance of concinnus against the poison of some salamanders he eats at the wild.
- a presentation from Helmut ( sorry, don't remember the last name ) about his outdoors enclosures (3!). For me this was another highlight. Very fun to hear and very interesting.
- the third presentation was about a reptile zoo that started out as a private collection from 2 keepers.

I left for home again around 12h15 and had 2 fun days. Some minor problem for me was the language. All presentation and most conversation were in German and certainly when more people were speaking together, I had a difficult time. But luckily some people, like Udo :), translated for me sometimes.

And thanks again Udo for the organisation and the nice dinners!

drache
03-10-2008, 06:56 PM
sounds like it was a really good event
thanks for the account

Gijs & Sabine
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
We also went to the meeting together with Kuno and Sjoerd. It was a very long ride but fun though :D
The presentation of Steven was very interesting, he always has great pictures of garters in the wild.
It was great to see our garterfriends again and to meet a lot of new people, aspecialy a couple from Switserland who brought a wonderfull 'Rüebli Torte' :D that's a typical Swiss sweet carrotcake. So that definitely made my day !!
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q85/gijssabine/P1010274Medium.jpg

Unfortunately we had to leave saturdayevening :(. Next year we make sure we go the whole weekend.

We also wanna thank Udo, Daniel and all the others for this excellent meeting, great job guys !!
And of course thanx to Kuno for driving us 750 km around :eek: