PDA

View Full Version : Raven's New Crib

mycolorfulheart
02-20-2008, 09:39 PM
So I decided that before I get another snake (I'm thinking about a baby cornsnake btw) I'm going to update Raven's enclosure. Her old one was okay but pretty boring:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/brockley2/IMG_4321.jpg

Also it was on my floor, which made it okay but not the best for viewing her.

The new one:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/brockley2/IMG_4328.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/brockley2/IMG_4340.jpg

The updates are as follows:
new half log hide
new 'perch' hide, I'm hoping she uses it i'll keep you posted!
new white light
tank on a cart instead of the floor, for better viewing
bigger water dish
another branch and more fake foliage

Meekay's still captivated by her!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/brockley2/IMG_4344.jpg

Sid
02-21-2008, 04:59 AM
The new setup is very nice. I like it.

drache
02-21-2008, 06:28 AM
that looks really nice, Allison
I like the perched hide - curious as to whether Raven will

Lori P
02-21-2008, 06:36 AM
I LOVE the "tree house"!!!! Great idea-- I bet she'll love it too!!! That's a great new home for her, you did an awesome job. :-) :-)

gregmonsta
02-21-2008, 07:06 AM
The tree-house rocks :)

Stefan-A
02-21-2008, 07:30 AM
I had something similar once. :) Or twice.

anji1971
02-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Very nice! I think the perch is really cool. I'll be waiting to see if Raven agrees!!:)

Snaky
02-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Looks nice :)

enigma200316
02-21-2008, 11:43 AM
very nice looking, even the cat seems to like it...........:)

mycolorfulheart
02-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys!

When i woke up this morning the 'perch' cocohut was in the middle of the tank. (not the entire thing just the hut.) I fixed it, and I'm thinking if she doesn't use it in the next couple days i'll expand the perch to give her more room + support while she's up there. I think she might take advantage of it because she loves watching the rest of my household, so that would be a great vantage point for her.

While I was making it I had my mom over, and she's always been scared of snakes. When I was done she came over to look and eventually said, "I'd never want one, but they are interesting to watch." hehe that sounds like progress to me!

enigma200316
02-21-2008, 12:01 PM
sounds good.....get her one for her birthday...........;):D

Stefan-A
02-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Sounds like something my mom said once. I don't remember her exact words, but it was something along the lines of "They sure add a lot to a home."

Lori P
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I was wondering how you secured the hut up there. Can you hot glue it?? I want to try something like this too... will work on it this weekend!! :-)

My mom finally admitted that Mordecai and Miriam are pretty... that's a big step for her!!

mycolorfulheart
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I was wondering how you secured the hut up there. Can you hot glue it?? I want to try something like this too... will work on it this weekend!! :-)

I used clear packing tape. I was afraid to use glue because of the fumes, but when I was talking to my mom last night she said that as long as the glue is dry it should be fine for living things. Basically i stuck tape to the sides of the terrarium and the underside of the perch; because it's in the corner it has enough support.

anji1971
02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I use a hot glue gun for all kinds of things in the snake tanks. Just make sure it's good and dry before putting it in the tank.
I use it to stick greenery on branches and hides, suction cups to stick things to the side of the tank, and even to glue that fake foam rock to the backs of the tanks! I've never had a problem with it.

anji1971
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Speaking of moms and snakes, mine is cool enough that she'll even take care of them when I go away on vacation!! I don't think anything gets to that woman -- she's amazing!!:cool:

Bay_area
02-24-2008, 11:45 AM
looks good!

everytime I see a red light on a cage, I get that song in my head!
"Roxanne, you don't have to turn on the red light"

jeanette
04-17-2008, 01:04 PM
thats a nice setup, and a very cute garter snake too.
Corn snakes are as a rule very easy to keep, just a shame mine is very unpredictable. dont make the same mistake we did, make sure you get one from a good breeder,
we got ours from a reptile shop, they had no idea on the breeders background and knew nothing about how to keep corns either. it turned out that the corn snake we had bought had questionable parentage, being not quite fully corn. Drew is part corn and part black rat snake apparently some are bred that way to give them a little more bulk and length (although the results of that are questionable), instead it can make them quite unpredictable, Drew, whilst being a lovely snake to look at, is pretty much not a snake you can handle and be relaxed with. He can turn very quickly.
Good luck with your choice. :)