PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's Wound - Up Close and Personal

MoJo
01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
My T.c.ocellatus, Tiger, got out (due to my negligence) and was missing for over 2 days. When I checked her over I found a wound. I was asked to upload photos of her wound and it's progress so I started a new thread.

I use plain newsprint in her cage so it is easy to clean out. There is regular newspaper under the newsprint. I am putting polysporin on her wound twice a day. I have not tried to feed her yet but will on the weekend.

You can't tell from the photos but the wound is just below her neck in the first third of her body.

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/TigersWound.jpg

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/data//500/medium/TigersWoundCloseUp.jpg

drache
01-24-2008, 08:19 PM
it's hard to tell from the photo how deep it is, but it doesn't look too bad

Stefan-A
01-24-2008, 08:22 PM
I agree, it doesn't look that bad. Lets just hope there aren't any complications.

Any idea how she might have gotten the wound?

EdgyExoticReptiles
01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
im assuming it was your cat? it doesnt look bad at all just as long as it doesnt get infection it should heal up very soon

anji1971
01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Looks like something that should heal okay! I missed the whole adventure being offline for a couple days, but I'm really glad she's found, and her injury is not too serious. Best of luck!!:)

MoJo
01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
The wound is not that deep. She has lost her scales and skin there. What you are seeing in the opening is muscle covered by it's sheath. The muscle itself has not been affected.

I have no idea what did it. I really don't think it looks like a cat wound since the edges are jagged. If I had a very good sterile pair of tweezers (forceps) I would have tried to see if the edge to the left could have been pulled out. It almost looks like the skin has rolled under there. A cat's claw would have produced a deeper "cleaner" wound. I think when she got out of the cage or was up against the wall under the radiator she tore it as she squeezed through somewhere.

Joanna

GarterGuy
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeh, that doesn't look bad at all. Looks like just the scales and skin have been torn. Looks nice and clean too, with the tissue below looking nice and pink, not red or inflamed in any way. Keep it clean and in a shed or two it should be good.

adamanteus
01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I agree, it looks very minor. You should have no problems with that.

MoJo
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks guys. I get worried when it is a full thickness "skin" skin opening since the risk of bacterial infection is greater than if just the scales are torn off.

Joanna

Roy Munson
01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm glad you found her, Joanna. I hope that wound heals properly. I'm sure it will.

tikichick
02-02-2008, 05:57 AM
Poor girl, how's she doing?