PDA

View Full Version : Keeping on topic.

adamanteus
01-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey Guys,

Not wishing to complain, but.......:rolleyes:
You would all make my job a whole lot easier if you could help me to keep the threads tidy by sticking more closely to topic. I know the subject can wander off track a bit sometimes, and that often makes things more entertaining. However, if something particularly interesting or useful is said in the wrong thread it can be nearly impossible to find the information next time you need it. For example, if you want to read about someones successes in mouse breeding, but the post is in the 'Why Are Goldfish Toxic?' thread! You can of course always start a whole new thread. So, if we can, let's try to 'hijack' a bit less frequently.

I know, I know... when it comes to digression I'm one of the worst offenders! But I'll try harder, if you will too!:D

Sputnik
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
You are absolutely right of course.

Btw, did you hear about all those awful floods again? Haha, just kidding, James.:D

adamanteus
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Hahaha! Very good, Esther!
I hope I didn't offend anyone by voicing this.... I'm just trying to keep our forum 'user friendly', so we can find the information we need.:)

Elliot
01-17-2008, 05:38 PM
No problem James, I agree too. :)

Stefan-A
01-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Does anybody disagree? :D

adamanteus
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Does anybody disagree? :D

I dare you!;)

Kidding!

Lori P
01-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Agree completely. I was just thinking this the other day, when we were talking about the Care Fresh bedding and I couldn't remember what post it was in. :-)

adamanteus
01-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks guys. I'm pleased you're with me on this. Sometimes I'm a bit pushed for time when it comes to renaming, moving and merging threads. It will make for a better forum if we keep it tidy.:)

drache
01-17-2008, 09:41 PM
tidy it is
my kitchen however . . .

Loren
01-18-2008, 04:25 AM
Well, I'll try. but, I dont even remember what the topic of this thread is!

GarterGuy
01-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Sounds good to me....will really help out newer members trying to find info. and those of us who aren't always on here so we know what the heck is going on. LOL:D

tikichick
01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Will do! :)

anji1971
01-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I will try too, as I am fairly guilty of getting caught up in off-topic conversations! Just don't ground me from the forum if I screw up sometimes........:D

adamanteus
07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Just thought I'd bump this thread! You guys have kept me pretty busy this evening, moving irrelevent posts... if you can't find your post, it's probably in 'Oh So Quiet'.:)

dashnu
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Two Things:

General talk should be allowed to stray off topic and expected.. I agree when it comes to posts in the other forums though. Moving stuff around in the general aka lounge & Welcome area is nothing more then a waste of time and should not be needed... not even sure if it is being done but we should again expect things to go a bit nuts in those forums.

If posts are moved an email should be sent to notify users the post moved or was changed by an admin/mod. Most forms do this.

my 2

jitami
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
:o I'll try to be good daddy... I promise... :o

infernalis
07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
In the spirit of this thread, may I add, that when a joke is posted on one thread, and the punch line gets moved to another, it ruins the whole effect.

I guess I'll have to keep my wit to myself:confused:

The moved materials have scrambled up the threads to the point of losing interest..........

Stefan-A
07-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I promise nothing. :p

zooplan
07-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I think this should be send exclusively
to people with more than 1000 posts:p
Have I´ve ever been off topic:eek:

We should have a button to switch of all small talk
when searching for serious informations;)

anji1971
07-30-2008, 06:58 AM
It's nearly impossible sometimes to completely stay on topic.
No different than holding a group conversation in person. Someone says something or cracks a joke, and one thing leads to another. I usually find these little sidetracks very amusing!

GartersRock
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
I promise nothing. :p

ROFL!!
Nice!!

adamanteus
07-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Two Things:

General talk should be allowed to stray off topic and expected.. I agree when it comes to posts in the other forums though. Moving stuff around in the general aka lounge & Welcome area is nothing more then a waste of time and should not be needed... not even sure if it is being done but we should again expect things to go a bit nuts in those forums.

If posts are moved an email should be sent to notify users the post moved or was changed by an admin/mod. Most forms do this.

my 2

I moved 34 posts last night, from forums other than 'The Lounge'..... It was 'humourous' banter removed from a serious thread. 34 e-mails to send then? I don't think so.
Anyway, not my problem anymore!:D

dashnu
07-31-2008, 12:40 PM
I moved 34 posts last night, from forums other than 'The Lounge'..... It was 'humourous' banter removed from a serious thread. 34 e-mails to send then? I don't think so.
Anyway, not my problem anymore!:D

Yea, I didnt mean for you to send them by hand... The web-app usually can handel this. I know phpBB does. Anyways, sorry to see you go and FWIW I thought you were the only mod :p