PDA

View Full Version : had to share my friends enclosure

Rook
01-05-2008, 11:19 AM
ok, my friend have bearded dragons and as they were away for the night, I had to go over let the pooches out and turn the BDs lights off and on lol. well they just finnished building Spike and Sara's new cage, so this is the first I had seen it, and it is sooo COOL! lol the lights are built into the cage,like the whole lighting system, it even has light switches lol. there is 2 lights on eaither side of the tank, a flouestent and a basking light, each switch controls both the lights for each side of the cage(so one switch conrols both lights on Spikes side, and likewise for Sara's). it has sliding glass front doors for easy access, and feeding holes cut into the top so you dont get escaping crickets.

here it is from the front
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/cagefront.jpg

and the side so you can see the switches and wireing lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/cageside.jpg

I didnt have a camera with my last night, but I thought the cage was so cool that I made sure to bring my camera this morning lol

Stefan-A
01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice. :)

What are the measurements of that cage?

EdgyExoticReptiles
01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
i thought beardies had to have a Huge cage because they ran a lot? is that big enough? im jw

Nice. :)

What are the measurements of that cage?

Rook
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
its the size of a 55 gallon. its not huge, but they dont do much aside from eat and sleep in the cage anyway, pretty much as long as someone is home, Spike and Sara are out and about with them, they get to run around on beds and tables, hang out on their daughter shirt when she does her chores etc..they dont consider the cage as "exersize" lol. if they spent most of their time in the cage without much outside exersize however, it would be much too small(at least when they are adults, they are both babies ATM)

tikichick
01-05-2008, 05:18 PM
That's a nice cage! I wish I had it and they had a feather up their noses, we'd both be tickled :D

drache
01-06-2008, 03:47 AM
yeah
my beardie prefers to run around outside of his cage