PDA

View Full Version : Thamnophis Marcianus Marcianus Anerythristic

jewel-dragons
01-05-2008, 06:23 AM
does this exist?
i mean,are there allready marcianus anery's?
it wood be great to use that for a
amelanistic marcianus....to breed some snow's..... i think that's outstanding..... :rolleyes:

Snaky
01-05-2008, 10:22 AM
For the article about genetics, I did a while ago. I searched for existing morphs. I must say that I only searched for mentionings in sites, not official papers of the like. I found that these should exists for marcianus:
-melanistic
-anerythristic
-snow

I've not seen them available, although they are mentioned to be available sometimes...

I've not found many pics either, but 1 site had this one:
http://www.neurotoxin.biz/images/gardner.jpg
Altough, in my eyes, you can't say much from the pic...

ssssnakeluvr
01-05-2008, 12:47 PM
well...the one on the right looks like a wandering garter, not a checkered....

Snaky
01-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, that's why I said, I couldn't say much from that pic. But, I find it strange that I've found some sites mentioning them, but never seen a decent pic of them...

This site mentions they have adults who are het. for anerythristic ( in German though :) ):
Th.marcianus (http://www.agamen.de/thams/marcianus.html)
It might help you in your search...

big J
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
It's great that you are searching for marcianus morphs. I din't know that any existed ecxept for the albino. I would go nuts if we could breed some snows. I have a few marcianus crossed with western terrestrial, sorry don't know the latin name. It was an accidental breeding. The guys aquarium broke so he housed some garters together for a while and 3 months later the guys popped out. Really beautiful snakes they are and 66% het for albino. This year I will find out if I can get some albinos out of them.

ssssnakeluvr
01-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I found pics of a dark checkered a while back....not sure where I found them...I have a folder with dozens of garter photos I find on the internet. will have to look for in on my other computer....am on my wife's laptop right now