PDA

View Full Version : sleepy or what?????

me_luv_moe
12-29-2007, 07:19 PM
help me i think my garter is sick...i just got her yesterday and it was very active and content she was also like that about an hour ago but now shes very calm and docile...is she tired? about what time do garters get sleepy? plz help!

zooplan
12-30-2007, 05:32 AM
When a garter enters anew habitat it will first be very snoppy and look for each thing around. Maybe its tired in fact. Donīt handle it too much, that can be pure stress.
Let her sleep untill tomorrows;)

anji1971
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
They are often very restless at first because it's a new place, but if she's settled down, she might just be resting after exploring, and adjusting to her new home.
I wouldn't worry about it, in fact, she'll probably spend a couple days just kind of hiding and taking in her new surroundings. Moving is stressful, even for snakies!!:D

EdgyExoticReptiles
12-31-2007, 01:25 AM
also check the eyes to see if they are blue and cloudy could mean its going to shed

br0k3nl0v3r
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
I have a garter snake. I don't think your's is sick. My garter was rather calm and docile. They aren't always hyper active...

Sid
01-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I agree with all the earlier replies you've gotten. New snakes often need a week or so to get settled into a new enviroment. No need to be alarmed at this point.