PDA

View Full Version : why is my newly bought snke not eating

reganngo
11-22-2007, 09:22 AM
:confused: i had bought my 1st snke but after i put it in her enclosure and i putted guppes in a water dish and then 6 hours later thre are still 6 guppies in the dish:( i hope that's normal..or because of the shock being hand held by someone bigger so shes not eating lately

Sid
11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
:confused: i had bought my 1st snke but after i put it in her enclosure and i putted guppes in a water dish and then 6 hours later thre are still 6 guppies in the dish:( i hope that's normal..or because of the shock being hand held by someone bigger so shes not eating lately
This is quite normal. Most snake need a few days to adjust to their new enviroment before they will eat. No need to worry.

anji1971
11-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Some may even go a week or two, and if they are really stressed out even longer!
You could ask at the pet shop you bought it at if they know when it last ate, that may help, too. But I wouldn't worry, as long as your snake is active and alert and otherwise seems healthy.:)

reganngo
11-22-2007, 11:18 AM
yup its really alert because it nearly striked me when she jumped at me but i managed to dodge...by the way i think its an water snake...its 100% not a garter way noooo

garterking
11-22-2007, 01:33 PM
yup its really alert because it nearly striked me when she jumped at me but i managed to dodge...by the way i think its an water snake...its 100% not a garter way noooo

Well than on that note, Water snakes aren't exactly known for being the most friendly. Leave him alone and don't try to handle or feed him for a few days. Let him get comfy in his new home and hopefully he'll settle down for you.

adamanteus
11-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Don't be surprised if your new snake doesn't eat for a few days, or even a couple of weeks. They take a little time to settle in. While you're waiting you might want to get a positive ID on the snake, then you can be sure you're offering the proper care.

reganngo
11-22-2007, 11:28 PM
well im getting the camera tommorow so i can have its ID:)