PDA

View Full Version : Site Upgrades over the next couple of day

Boots
11-23-2006, 05:03 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be making a couple of changes of the next couple of days. If you encounter any problem, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jason

Cazador
11-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Hi Jason,
I noticed that if we pull up any thread, we can get back to the old format by scrolling down to the "Forum Jump" box at the bottom of the screen and selecting "Forums Home," but is there a quicker way to get the old view or to have the old view automatically appear?
Rick

Thamnophis
11-23-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey Jason,

when I click on the link ...unread posts, I get a mesage that this page does not exist.
Further I did not have any problem up to now.
Nice, that calender!

abcat1993
11-23-2006, 10:10 AM
If you go to the "Forum Home" page, then unread posts does work just in case you haven't noticed already
Also if you type in forums after http://www.thamnophis.com you go to the original home page
http://www.thamnophis.com/forum

Thamnophis
11-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks Abcat1993 for pointing that out. Then it works indeed.

Cazador
11-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Yep. Thanks for answering my question, too Abcat.

Boots
11-23-2006, 03:35 PM
It seems I got a couple of things to work on and will add them to my list. If you run into any other problems, please let me know.

Jason

Cazador
11-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey Jason,
May I suggest adding a prominent button or link to the main "forum page" from the new homepage, since most people come here for the forum? Best,
Rick

Boots
11-23-2006, 10:26 PM
A link to the forum from the main page is coming. There will be a link in the “site navigation” box, and maybe on the menu. While I agree that the forum is still the main focus of the site, I am hoping to add some care sheets and a couple of other resources so people new to the hobby will not feel lost. I would have liked to have done all this in the background, but it would have meant shutting down the forum at least a couple of days. I will do my best to get it back to perfect working condition ASAP. Till then, please bear with me.

Jason

Boots
11-24-2006, 02:54 AM
FYI

... is there a quicker way to get the old view or to have the old view automatically appear?

You can get to the main forum by bookmarking http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/ instead of http://www.thamnophis.com/ . Thanks abcat1993 for pointing that out.

when I click on the link ...unread posts, I get a mesage that this page does not exist.

Problem has been fixed, and should work from anywhere on the site.

May I suggest adding a prominent button or link to the main "forum page" from the new homepage, since most people come here for the forum?

I have update the Site Navigation box to include links to the forum and photo gallery and will also be adding a link back to the portal page and the forum to the menu/navigation bar, so there will be lots of way to get back and forth.

If anyone is encountering any problems please post here, or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jason

Cazador
11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Great job, Jason! You've made, and are improving, a website that's very easy to navigate.
Rick

abcat1993
12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
I see you've added books to the navigation bar. Good Job.
And there's no link back to the main page after you go to the forum.

Boots
12-17-2006, 03:07 AM
I see you've added books to the navigation bar. Good Job.

Thanks for noticing the book section. It is still a work in progress.

there's no link back to the main page after you go to the forum.

There is a link back to the portal(homepage) from the top menu bar, on the left hand side. If you click "Home", it will take you back to the main page. If it does not work for you, or I am not understanding you, could you please PM me so I can figure it out.

Thanks again for the post

abcat1993
12-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Sorry, didn't see that.

Sid
12-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Without doubt one of the best forums I have ever used. thanks for the great job Jason.:D

Sid