PDA

View Full Version : Rule change ???

Cazador
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Should the rules be changed so that any photo can be entered into the monthly "caption contests" as long as it follows the theme for the "photo contest?"

Snaky
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
It doesn't really matter to me :)

anji1971
11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I think any photos relevant to the theme of the month should be allowed in the caption contest, so people can use extra photos they couldn't enter in the photo contest. Since the caption contest winner doesn't decide the theme for next month anyway, why not have a little more to play with?

Stefan-A
11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I think any picture in the caption contest should be based on a picture in the photo contest.

salzar
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM
there have been times when I would like to enter the contest , but my snake is a common brown snake so I have not because of this, so if by some chance I am able to do so ,it would be great!!
not to take any thunder away from the garter snake folkes though!!
bye
michelle

Cazador
11-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Just thinking out loud, here:

If anyone can submit pictures for the caption contest that haven't been entered into the photo contest, then everybody doesn't have equal access to uniquely interesting pictures. We would have to discuss and overcome this hurdle.

Also, the contest and website are about "Thamnophis" species, but I would feel rotten about excluding any of our members if they don't have Thamnophis species. I feel strongly that only pictures of Thamnophis should be able to win the contest, but maybe we might want to let people enter pictures of other species? I think we're really on the edge, here. What are your thoughts?

adamanteus
11-19-2007, 06:01 PM
We could start a 'fun' thread, in a similar vein to Lulu's 'Oh So Quiet' thread, just for comical photoshopped images... no contest, no time-scale, just a bit of fun?

Lulu Bennett
11-19-2007, 06:03 PM
We could start a 'fun' thread, in a similar vein to Lulu's 'Oh So Quiet' thread, just for comical photoshopped images... no contest, no time-scale, just a bit of fun?
I like that idea james

anji1971
11-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree! That would be lots of fun for all of us, and we could still hold a fun vote for the most hilarious, or most unusual, or whatever.

Lori P
11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I like James's idea also!

enigma200316
11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
or start another contest with the same theme, but can be any snake other than Garters and just have those two contest for photos, than a
caption one that can have any photo as long as its relevant to the theme..........