PDA

View Full Version : Terrarium Lamp Controller??

Edcase
11-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Ive seen a lamp controller on Exo terra site that has a timer on it which will turn the lamp on over a period of 30 mins, stay on for 10,12,15 hours and then turn of over another 30 min period simulating dawn and dusk....aaanyway it houses 2 lamps, does any one know of a similar thing that houses only one lamp, cause i cant find any where on the net

adamanteus
11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Can't say I've seen one. You could always use it with one dud bulb.:)

Edcase
11-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Yea that was an option i was considering, was curious to know if there was one about with one bulb fitting tho, may have saved some money :). thanks anyway

zooplan
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM
If you like to save some money use a normal controller that turns on and of in one step.
Daylight is more important to the snakes than any electric light you may add.
Although my snakes have a 12 hours light most go off food when itīs fall outside.

CrazyHedgehog
11-10-2007, 09:04 AM
we use timers for most of ours, just plug the light into it, set 24 on and off periods, usually between 10 and 15 minute segments.. they are readilly availale b&q, asda woolworths etc about 3 to 4 quid each

this sort of thing...Buy 24 Hour Segment Timer. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for . (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9827978.htm)

where we have lots, we plug a four plug extension into one of these, and four lights can be run from it, if only one then just plug in direct..

drache
11-11-2007, 06:12 AM
I've got a couple these power center timers
they're power strips with timers
I haven't had them very long and one of them is already acting up
I think I'll go back to regular timers and power strips

Lulu Bennett
11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
we use timers for most of ours, just plug the light into it, set 24 on and off periods, usually between 10 and 15 minute segments.. they are readilly availale b&q, asda woolworths etc about 3 to 4 quid each

this sort of thing...Buy 24 Hour Segment Timer. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for . (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9827978.htm)

where we have lots, we plug a four plug extension into one of these, and four lights can be run from it, if only one then just plug in direct..

i got a 3 pack from b&q for 4.99 but only got one from the local pet store for 9.99. cheeky buggers lol

drache
11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
a warning here:
my analog power center is funky after about a year of usage
I'm going back to a regular timer with plug multipliers

i of the storm
11-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I have just a wall timer and its already acting funky after a few months. The timex one was noisy and woods one is the one with the problems.