PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Thomas
07-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi, my name is Thomas. I am new to the board and thought I should introduce myself. Like most guys of my generation, I kept small animals while I was growing up, and now that I have more time on my hands, I would like to get back into the hobby. While other might think of it as a mid-life crisis, I would like to think of it as reliving my childhood. To the chagrin of my wife I might add. :rolleyes:

Thomas

Boots
07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi, my name is Thomas. I am new to the board and thought I should introduce myself. Like most guys of my generation, I kept small animals while I was growing up, and now that I have more time on my hands, I would like to get back into the hobby. While other might think of it as a mid-life crisis, I would like to think of it as reliving my childhood. To the chagrin of my wife I might add. :rolleyes:

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to our forum. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to drop me a line, since it is only with your help that our forum will grow into a major resource for all fans of Garter Snake.

Jason

QuietLunatic
07-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Hi, everyone. :)

This is me, QL, out in Nova Scotia. New to the forum but not to the Internet, and giving serious consideration to pet snakes, although it means hiding them from my friend who will go off the deep end at the sight of one. (traumatized at age 9 by a snake falling out of a tree onto his neck and shoulders). It's entertaining to watch his reactions, because he's about 320 pounds and ... yeah. LOL.

Eileen
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi Thomas and QuietLunatic
You would be surprised with the gentle introduction of a pet snake, how fast people get used to it. There are exceptions of couse, but the good thing is that people can safely look though their tank to satisfy their curiosty. Smaller snakes are best for this. My husband was totally against having a pet snake. I lucked out when a friend asked me to snake sit while he was in Asia for three months. My husband reluctantly agreed, as it was a temporary arrangement. I looked after a 4' black king and a smaller sand boa. Dave didn't mind as much as he thought he would. Last summer, I coincidently saved a tiny neonate brown snake from our hay bailer. I couldn't resist, as I had been biten by the bug to have a snake again. we named her Bev and she settled in really well and actually ate right away. She is now a foot long (they are a very small species) and doing excellent. (Dave has become very fond of her). Be patient with your friends and family and most will learn to at least tolerate a snake in the family. Good luck.

chris-uk
05-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the forum. It's the best place to be if you're thinking about getting some garters (notice I said "some", you'll start with one, then it will be "just one more").
Let us know if you have any questions and can't find answers in earlier posts.

Dan72
05-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Agree with everything said so far... including welcome! I learn everyday with every visist.

guidofatherof5
05-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Disregard my post.
Thanks Kat;):D

katach
05-09-2012, 12:18 PM
This is quite an old thread, back from 2006. :D

Eileen
05-10-2012, 07:14 AM
:oI feel a little (lot) silly. I'm still getting the hang of this. Reading dates would be heplful!

Didymus20X6
05-10-2012, 08:47 AM
And I was all set to bring in Space Ghost again. :(