10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
how many babies do eastern flames have?

zooplan
10-21-2007, 01:39 AM
like normal eastern of course:D
its only a difference in color

Sid
10-21-2007, 06:56 AM
All of the Thamnphis off spring count varies greatly. Any where from 8 or 10 to 30 or more.

Lori P
10-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Or one, like Anji's silly snake. LOL! :-)

anji1971
10-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey!!!! quit picking on my baby!!! You're the one who almost got eaten by your ball python!!!!:p:p:p

snakeman
10-21-2007, 09:07 AM
could be any amount.I have had some litters of 3 and some 15.

Lori P
10-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey!!!! quit picking on my baby!!! You're the one who almost got eaten by your ball python!!!!:p:p:p

ROFL!!!! Oh yeah-- ahem-- what I meant to say was, like Anji's BRILLIANT snake, who VERY WISLEY had only one.

And then ran to the other end of the tank, mortified.

OOPS-- did I say that out loud?????

LOL :-)

adamanteus
10-21-2007, 09:51 AM
There's just no way of accurately predicting that, Reed. So many factors can effect the fecundity of Garters. As Udo says, you could expect the same results from a 'Flame' as from any other sirtalis.

EdgyExoticReptiles
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
do radix have more? or florida blues?

There's just no way of accurately predicting that, Reed. So many factors can effect the fecundity of Garters. As Udo says, you could expect the same results from a 'Flame' as from any other sirtalis.

Josh
10-21-2007, 04:03 PM
my opinion is to get what you would like to work with and collect. You should pick a garter you really like for its color behavior temperment. Not just to breed. if you get your feet wet and expeirience wich garters are best then you could see how many babies they have how they breed and as you get older begin to sell them and breed them as you go along.Now i am not saying dontask questions and all. but it would be easier to figure out wich you would like to breed.So with the breed ing take your time and get some age on you!!! I am 14 and have thought about trying to sell garters at this age but no collector would buy from some 14, ya get me?. Its better for you as a collecter and the snake. I hope you or anyone take offense by what i said.

adamanteus
10-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Good, sound advice from Josh. I agree entirely.

EdgyExoticReptiles
10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
i really like eastern flames red and black are my favorite colors

Josh
10-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Then by all means buy her!!!!

EdgyExoticReptiles
10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
i cant find any :( i think ill have to wait till next year to get a pair

Then by all means buy her!!!!

anji1971
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
[quote=Lori P;30264]ROFL!!!! Oh yeah-- ahem-- what I meant to say was, like Anji's BRILLIANT snake, who VERY WISLEY had only one.

And then ran to the other end of the tank, mortified.

OOPS-- did I say that out loud?????

Lori, you know it's not nice to make fun of the deceased!! Poor Dojo, she couldn't help it if she was scared of her own baby!!! At least she knew the difference between her food and her owner!:p:D:p

anji1971
10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
By the way, Reed, I love flames too, so if you find any and they are willing to ship to Canada, let me know!! Although they are native to Quebec, and i'm going there next summer so I'll have a look-see while i'm there!:)

ssssnakeluvr
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
easterns can have on average 15-35....had 2 years ago that had 31 and 37. a lot depends on size also...looking forward to my melanistic having babies....she's 42 inches long. florida blues are blue colored easterns....large radix can have large litters also...Scott Felzer has had 40-60 in larger litters.

charles parenteau
11-25-2007, 07:09 PM
anji 1971 Im from quebec,i know flame pretty well ,I looking for flame garter since 1995- since I meet Dr Philippe Blais the first one to breed wild garter (red morph).I can give you advice or what ever..
Im living close to Montreal ,if you came here just let me know.

charles parenteau
11-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I f you need some info about flame let me know about it Im from drummondville Quebec close to Montreal,one of the greatest flame lover...
I know Dr Philippe Blais the pioneer for flame garter.
I have some project in mind about flame(3 strippes).
if you came here in Quebec ,im the guy...

anji1971
11-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I've read about Dr. Blais, he has some beautiful flames! I'm not sure where I'll be exactly when I stop in Quebec next summer (my husband's relatives, I've never been there!) but I'm hoping that wherever they are, there are some wild flame garters in the area. :)

charles parenteau
11-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Their is flame throughout Quebec,mainly in southern quebec.small population,isolated pockets.Most of flame are orange and in some spot never found red one .in those spot newborn garter are normaly colored and their first shade of orange will appear only at their 4-5 shed(next summer)

some spot i found both color,red morph are rare.
only the lateral strippe are red or orange ,not the vertebale strippe not even in the face(labial).
most specimen start out orangish and will turn blood-red as the mature.

Near montreal their is a couple of good spot for blood-red .The best spot i found last fall ,will be destroy a few years ...golf court almost 40 percent were orange red (new born) before theire fist shed ,turn red after 2 shed...
top rank apple red ! I think new lineage for captive breeding will be best !!new blood line expected this years!!