PDA

View Full Version : kousebandslangen.nl

Thamnophis
11-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Finally my new site about Thamnophis (http://kousebandslangen.nl) is online.

Kousebandslangen is the Dutch word for Garter snakes

It is only in Dutch (sorry), but there are many pictures to find on the site, so for you it also can be interersting too.
I am always interested in pictures of:
# Gartersnakes
# Terrarium of gartersnakes
# Habitats of gartersnakes

Pictures must be sharp and well exposured. Ofcourse you will keep the credits and your name/website will be placed above it.

Cazador
11-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Wow, Fons. I don't speak Dutch, but I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time there enjoying your wonderful photography. I really like how you dedicated pages to each species/subspecies. Congratulations on a job well done!
Rick

Thamnophis
11-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks Rick,

but most of the pictures are made by Americans and Canadians.
From all I got permission to use the pics.
I can only photograph my own animals.

boeh
11-07-2006, 03:31 AM
Nice site Fons. It's very interessting to see how the natural habitat looks like. It's good to have such good pics collected on one site. I've got to spend more time there. Of course it would be nice to have this site in english, but I think, it's possible for me to get the important informations out there. I saw that you don't have any pictures of thamnophis sirtalis similis. If you're interessted, i can have a look at mine and probably I find one that would fit in your site?

As I lately thought about my statement about my visits in netherlands, I noticed that I said that "Antverpen" is there, and not in belgium. What a shame, excuse me for that! Anyway, I was 2 times there, but 2 times in Amsterdam.

Greez,
Cyrill

sschind
11-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Check out this site

FreeTranslation.com - Free Translation - Free Web Translator (http://www.freetranslation.com/free/web.htm)

Dutch apparently does not translate into English as well as say German, but at least you can read the words.

It only translates the page you put in so you have to do some cutting and pasting whenever you open a new page but it can be navigated fairly easily once you get the hang of it.

Nice site by the way.

Thamnophis
11-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Cyrill,

always interested in pictures. :)

And I agree on the habitat-pictures. I want to collect as much as possible on this site.
People like us, who not live in a state or country where you can find Thamnophis in the wild, always have to "guess" how such a habitat looks like.

Thamnophis
11-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Sschind, thanks for the compliments :o

Soe
11-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Very very nice site. I wish mine was made in a similar way, but I am a total dinosaur on a computer :(
Reading Dutch isn`t so hard for a Dane. Speaking is another thing Your chrkkk......and rrrrrrr makes knots on our tounges :)
I will spend some time looking at all the pictures. They will make the Christmas wishing list loooooong
Best wishes
Søe

boeh
11-08-2006, 05:55 AM
This is how it is. We just can imagine how it could look there. With such pics it's quite clear.

You can take the similis pictures from cy's reptiles (http://www.boeh.ch) -> Tierbestand - Galerie. A mark that they're originally from "Cyrill Birk (www.thamnophis.ch (http://www.thamnophis.ch/))" is enough. www.thamnophis.ch (http://www.thamnophis.ch/) isn't plugged yet, but will probably come soon.

Cyrill

Thamnophis
11-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Thanks Cyrill,
I have taken one of the pics.
Very nice snake is that.
I have placed it already on the site.
Hope you like it this way.

boeh
11-08-2006, 06:40 AM
@Boots
Huh, I had problems with the connection, so my last post was posted three times. Please delete it. Thanx.

@Fons
Yes, that's ok like this :)

Tori
11-09-2006, 01:34 AM
That is an amazing site. You have garters listed that I've never even heard of. I'll be spending a lot of time on the search engines trying to find out more about them now that I know about them (I don't speak dutch). I've never heard of a yellow throated garter and there were several more. I also do web design so I am well aware of how much work you have in it. Very impressive. You know, now that I think about it, I could have used your help recently! I was trying to install a new program on one of my sites and it caused everything on the site to switch over to Dutch and I couldn't even read and understand what errors it was throwing up. :D
Tori

Stefan-A
11-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Amazing is the word I would use, too. The lists of fish containing and not containing thiaminase, the habitats etc. are extremely useful. I don't speak Dutch either, but my first language is Swedish and I speak a bit of German too, so it's not an overwhelming task to understand it, even if I might miss some of the nuances.

I put together a Finnish site (mainly for beginners/dummies) a while back and it doesn't even come close to being as informative (it's a bit long-winded). Do you mind, Thamnophis, if I copy some of your ideas? ;) Not any the contents, of course.

Thamnophis
11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't mind that you copy things.
As long as you don't copy the pictures where a copyright is used.
The makers of them gave permission to me to use them.

Stefan-A
11-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Don't worry. Just borrowing a few good ideas, I'm not interested in using other people's material. :)

Thamnophis
11-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Don't worry. Just borrowing a few good ideas, I'm not interested in using other people's material. :)

Okay, was not meant as an accusation :)

Gijs & Sabine
11-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Your site looks really good, Fons ! You've done a great job.
We're working on a site as well, but I doubt if it's going to be as good as yours;)

Sabine

Thamnophis
11-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks Sabine.
I am curious to your site.